By GoodDayToDie, Inactive Recognized Developer on 10th January 2013, 02:34 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th June 2019, 01:08 AM |#1141  
Thanks Meter: 357

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]

Hello,

If there a way to run any program on an ARM processor?

I would like to run a program but it's closed source, so it cannot be ported right?

You could try win86emu, but there's no compatibility layer between x86 and ARM

19th August 2019, 10:13 AM |#1142  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie

Thanks all. I'm looking at compiling UniKey (although it will be an old version, as the development 4.x branch is not yet open sourced). I'll also look into ipmsg. Appreciate the links.

EDIT: Ugh. The GPL for UniKey is a lie (ironic, since the author bitches about people violating the GPL with his code... yet doesn't comply with it himself). It relies on a library which is only distributed in binary form, RtfIO. I can probably build the 3.1 version (which is from 2006, and should be pre-RtfIO) since, aside from the occasional piece of truly awful code practices (lots of implicit types and improper use of variable scoping) that may have been permitted by older compilers but don't work in VS 2012, there's nothing difficult about building the app. I could even build 3.6 if the author would release an ARM version of RtfIO... I couldn't legally distribute it under the GPL at that point, but I could build it.

Unless you want me to give 3.1 a shot, you're going to have to ask the author for either the source to RtfIO or an ARM-compiled .LIB file of it.

Please decompile this software, thanks
https(://)mega(.)nz/#!c1dDgSJA!AAAAAAAAAACk-c2_f81yyQAAAAAAAAAApPnNv3_Ncsk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
arm, rtdesktopapps, windowsrt

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)