[ROM] [Huawei U8100/U8110/U8120] [Eclair] Pro Celestial

Search This thread

TacoLoco

Nov 28, 2007
As I'm an absolute noob in coding and Linux, two questions from me:

1. /lib/hw <- drivers?
2. if identical hardware, "just" build.prop has to be customized?

thx

darkplace

Sep 2, 2010
Linares
system.img 'unyaffed' uploaded!

U8150 UPDATE.APP -> system.img -> unyaffed:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=26GS5ANT

so time to work babies ;)

Taco, not clever for me, isn't only change 'two things' and all will works...
needs to see the hardware difference FIRST, and then try to work with it.

EDIT: the link is not a Froyo rom for 845, even isn't signed, so don't download to try flash with it, NOT WORKING
These files are the needed files to work in a future ROM of Froyo in Vodafone 845, but nothing yet.

Last edited:

Ridermovel

Nov 27, 2007
I believe that when you Can put the 2.2 in our equipment will get the freddyemmer

Sent from my Vodafone 845 using XDA App

darkplace

Sep 2, 2010
Linares
FRESH NIGHTLY NEWS
Tested the Froyo ROM of Ideos (U8150) with fastboot, Splashed boot screen, first hang.... and now is working!! dialing working, sound working, wifi not working (need coding), 3G working, GPS working...

EDITED: Runs so light.. oh my god.. freddy, forget more 2.1 versions and do these steps:

posted by rickywyatt @ MoDaCo:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

remember that i take no blam if you brick your phone
bug remember there are bugs

then you need to do this

first download this

then you will need ActivePerl then you will need android sdk

ok now you got evey thing you need

1 install android sdk
2 install ActivePerl
2 open cmd then drag split_updata.pl to it then pess speace bar than drag update.app then press enter
(I preffer using cmd -> perl split_updata.pl UPDATE.APP)

5 goto C:\Users\xxxxxx\output
6 look for boot.img & system.img (& userdata.img)
7 drag these files and put them into C:\[...]\android-sdk-windows\tools
8 then open cmd and enter

(NOTE: the phone will be in bootloader mode (holding volume down + End) and recognized by windows in bootloader))

C:\[...]\android-sdk-windows\tools\fastboot.exe flash system C:\[...]\android-sdk-windows\tools\system.img
C:\[...]\android-sdk-windows\tools\fastboot.exe flash boot C:\[...]\android-sdk-windows\tools\boot.img (2.6.32.9 kernel, you can test 2.6.29 using another boot.img)
C:\[...]\android-sdk-windows\tools\fastboot.exe flash userdata C:\[...]\android-sdk-windows\tools\userdata.img
C:\[...]\android-sdk-windows\tools\fastboot.exe reboot

and wait untill untill your mini pulse boots and now you have android 2.2

-----------------------------------------------------------------
after first boot, skip the tutorials quicky, could hangs some time until could load the dashboard.

Knowns bugs:

- WiFi not working
- TrackPad not working (also not working the button)
- Notification Bar causes crashes
- Bluetooth working but no MAC info (not tested yet)
- No screen calibrating options

:: Please report bugs for bugtracking, thanks :)

DON'T PRESS THE TRACKPAD BUTTON! IT HANGS!

Last edited:

Sn0opy

Aug 10, 2010
What about replacing the wifi app with the 2.1 app?

btw. who's hosting the VF845 custom roms on Dropbox? I'm mirroring all roms since 1.4 and every file was uploaded in < 1 sec, which means, they're allready on DB.

// oh wait, forget it. Drivers will be in another dir

Last edited:

darkplace

Sep 2, 2010
Linares
For the people who wants to test and support the bugtracking i'm gonna make easier the things:

HOWTO Froyo @ Vodafone 845

1. Download this file (contains lastest boot.img kernel, system.img and userdata.img)
2. Download Android SDK extract the zip on C:\, open SDK Setup.exe, activate fetching (in settings) and update all the possible packets (optional).
3. Put boot.img, system.img and userdata.img in \tools folder of the android-sdk
4. Make a NAND Backup of your actual ROM (using recovery and Nandroid)
5. Put your phone at Bootloader mode (shutdown, and start holding VolumeDown + EndCall buttons), the system will recognize new hardware like Bootloader, let it finish installing drivers.
6. Open command prompt (Windows Start -> cmd.exe) and goto C: , then to the sdk folder and do the following:

C:\android-sdk-windows\tools\fastboot.exe flash system C:\android-sdk-windows\tools\system.img
C:\android-sdk-windows\tools\fastboot.exe flash boot C:\android-sdk-windows\tools\boot.img
C:\android-sdk-windows\tools\fastboot.exe flash userdata C:\android-sdk-windows\tools\userdata.img
C:\android-sdk-windows\tools\fastboot.exe reboot

The system will reboot and starting loading IDEOS booting screen. Make sure to skip the tutorial steps and the date steps Just skipping all to start with the dashboard becouse sometimes hangs.

TrackPad button not working and causes hang-reboot in the phone

Knowns bugs:

- WiFi not working
- TrackPad not working (also not working the button)
- Notification Bar causes crashes
- Bluetooth working but no MAC info (not tested yet)
- No screen calibrating options

Last edited:

Andy_S

Jan 19, 2007
Ostrava
Hey Darkplace, GREAT news! One thing (or two) that may interest many ppl around here is... is EDGE working in Froyo? Can you test it? Thanks!

That second thing is BTS-based navigation (when GPS signal is not available) - is the bug fixed too? aka load Google Maps in building so you won't have GPS signal and locate yourself - if the position is somewhat accurate or absolutelly - few kilometers - off

Christian Buchner

Aug 25, 2010
München
This thread is the reason I just ordered a Vodafone 845 (...and the price of 99 Euros)

I think we may need a mirror of the fastboot image. Megaupload says "file is not available".
EDIT: oops, I retried clicking the link now and suddenly it appears to work.

darkplace

Sep 2, 2010
Linares

See the knowns bugs in the topic. WiFi not working yet.

i would like to flash that FroYo ROM. But why you don't pack it in to a ZIP?

Basicly becouse i'm very noob about signing and repack .zip packages, this mainly, the 2nd question is about not sure if the 2.2 ROMS gets the same routine to update package that 2.1 ROMS using recovery, so avoid problems, the 3rd question is becouse this is a quicklier way if you have the sdk and you uses fastboot.

Hey Darkplace, GREAT news! One thing (or two) that may interest many ppl around here is... is EDGE working in Froyo? Can you test it? Thanks!

That second thing is BTS-based navigation (when GPS signal is not available) - is the bug fixed too? aka load Google Maps in building so you won't have GPS signal and locate yourself - if the position is somewhat accurate or absolutelly - few kilometers - off

Not sure about EDGE, becouse i was using 3G detected by default, I made no wipe so all the APNs is working at least in 3G
About BTS-based navigation not tested yet, but Google showns my city localization so GPS is surely working.

This thread is the reason I just ordered a Vodafone 845 (...and the price of 99 Euros)

I think we may need a mirror of the fastboot image. Megaupload says "file is not available".
EDIT: oops, I retried clicking the link now and suddenly it appears to work.

Fastboot is included in SDK\Tools of Android SDK, the .img files are shared in megaupload, deleted the older system.img unyaffed in the another post so feel free to make your own Test-Cooked image ;)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Pro Celestial
    I have combined the features of vodafone 845 Mr Edition 2.01 and The Celestial Teapot RLS4d to create Pro Celestial

Features
    Android 2.1
    LauncherPro v0.8.3
    Rooted with latest Superuser Permissions
    Added Darktremor A2SD 2.7.5.2 + swappiness bug fix
    Hacked Vending.apk (Market)
    Added HTC_IME
    Added busybox with symlinks
    Added nano (texteditor)
    Added bash
    Added tun.ko module for OpenVPN users
    Overclock support to max of 748 mhz (use setcpu from market not included in ROM)
    Massive APN list
    And many many more

Thanx go to:
    Kallt_kaffe, m2te, gforum, Ogiogi's, Darktremor, JD_1971, Cyanogenmod team, jasonXXx, lasy
    And last but not least! People who have donated ;-)

Full wipe needed for Pro Selestial
    Upgrade ext2 to ext3 in recovery for better performance

First boot can take long

enjoy!

Download links V2:
    Pro Celestial v2
    JIT Enabler v2
    JIT Disabler v2
    Gingerbread theme v2 JIT
    Gingerbread theme v2 No JIT
    PWRbutton Only Wake

Download links V1:
    JIT Enabler
    JIT Disabler
    Pro Celestial v1
    Gingerbread with JIT
    Ginberbread without JIT
    PWRbutton Only Wake

Themes

Comforta Font
    Red-Mod
    Orange Mod (By Lasy)
    Green-Mod (By nicoderboss)
    Blue-Mod (By lasy)
    Red-mod (By Lasy)

more themes can be found here

After installing a Touchpal languages you have to reboot your phone.

Apps
    3D Gallery (flash like rom)
    Touchpal install zip (flash like rom)
    Touchpal languages (install trew adb or from sdcard)
    HTC IME
    Vodafone Apps

Original Downloads:
    Original Vodafone ROM
    Original Vodafone Recovery
    Vodafone apps can be installed threw SDK or SD-card

If you like my work please donate.

19linpack.png
    42overclock.png
    lang1.png
    lang2.png
    lang3.png
    lang4.png
    lang5.png
    lang6.png
    Ohhh Damn
    My version is expired :((
    I cant install the another launcher.
    I cant start programs and felexplorer and swith on wifi etc.

Please help me!

i dont have backup my contact !!!

news:

I try wipe all and reinstall 2.0.1.
    First boot ok. After restart android launcher pro say expired: (
    HELP MEE i dont put back original rom
    What is the problem
    Help!

you can flash celestial teapot rom much better
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=802893

or

Download adwlauncher, I googled adwlauncher 1.3.6 apk and found it on a mediafire page. but surely can be found elsewhere.

Then rename it to adw.apk and put on the root on the sdcard

go to the default android browser and type file:///sdcard/adw.apk

Install and reboot.

It will ask you what launcher you want to use.. pick adw of course.

Working again.

dont forget to hit thanks.:)
    Hi All,

I've flashed the latest ROM (Pro Celectial) and now I miss the GPS-icon in the status bar when GPS is activated (the icon which appears next to the battery- and the signal-strength indicator, GPS is working anyhow). Can you check this?

Carlossa

please start google maps and check if gps icon is there? in gingerbreadmod that i personaly use there is a gps icon.
    Changes
    • New Market Hacked (autofocus and other resolution)
    • Market no longer auto updates

Bugs
    • initial start comes with force closes ignore them everything works great.
    • wipe of ext3 with recovery doesn't work propperly use repair SD:ext in recovery and wipe ext after repair

More Performance
    • compcache.sh enable
    • a2sd zipalign
    All perfomance changes must be used in a terminal or with ADB shell using a SU permission.

Installatieguide:

Install Superboot (via Windows PC)
    • Enter recovery mode by turning your device on while holding down 'volume down' and 'End call' (red) then powering on your device.
      Note: The hourglass (zandloper) stays on the home screen
    • WINDOWS - double click 'superboot-windows.bat'
    • Phone will startup, seems to hang and eventually reboots itself.

Root the V845 (via Windows PC)
    • Download AmonRA Recovery 1.6.2: DOWNLOAD (MediaFire Pro) / MIRROR (CoBlitz / ROMraid) and extract the zip file
    • Enter recovery mode by turning your device on while holding down 'volume down' and 'End call' (red) then powering on your device.
      Note: The hourglass (zandloper) stays on the home screen
    • WINDOWS PC - (ensure the V845 is connected via USB) double click 'install-recovery-windows.bat'
    • Remove battery and start phone (not sure how to do this otherwise)

Recovery Mode
    • Backup SD card
    • Enter recovery mode by turning your device on while holding down 'volume up' and 'Start call' (green) then powering on your device.
    • Choose “Partition sd card” (control via DPAD):
      -> “Partition sd card”
      -> swap-size = 0 MB
      -> Ext2-size = 512 ext
      -> FAT32-size = Remainder (automatic setting)
      -> Confirm formatting/partitioning via DPAD (20 sec.)
      -> SD:ext2 to ext3
      -> Confirm EXT upgrade via DPAD (5 sec.)
      -> Volume Down to go to main menu
      -> Choose Power off

Custom ROM install
    • Download your custom ROM: Of course you choose the Vodafone 845 Mr Edition ROM
    • Add the sd card in a card reader and copy the Custom ROM zip file to SD card (FAT32 partition).
    • Again enter recovery mode by turning your device on while holding down 'volume up' and 'Start call' (green) then powering on your device.
    • Go to “wipe” where you select:
      -> Wipe data/factory reset
      -> Wipe Dalvik-cache
      -> Wipe SD:ext partition
      Confirm each step above via DPAD
      -> Volume Down to go to main menu
    • Choose “Flash zip from sdcard” and if everything is okay you can select the Custom ROM zip file. Confirm via DPAD twice to install (just wait 2 minutes to finish)
      -> Choose Power off
    • Restart Phone and that’s it
    so now my v845 became a brick. Ive tried to install original rom, after launcher pro screwed mr edition's. After installing it I restarted phone and when rom loads getting error message about hidden apks. Even mounting sd card on my pc tru phone isnt possible. Could somebody help me install original rom?

Error message text:

Sorry!
    The application CustomAPKsHidden(process com.huawei.android.CustomAPKsHidden) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

Oke what to do is go to recovery
    repartion your sd card .
    after put the celestial teapot on the sd. http://www.mediafire.com/?85giux8d3iou375 download here
    go back in recovery do wipe--> Factory reset and dalvik cache
    now put volume up and push flash from sd card and push celestial teapot and install

Now let it boot.. Can durn longer than 5 min so dont get stressed.. (if you got bootloop after 10 min post another qoute)

dont forget the thanks button:)