FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Did you find this thread useful?

Yes, it was very helpful to me.

1,607 Vote(s)
64.02%
No, I didn't feel it helped me.

415 Vote(s)
16.53%
I don't know.

488 Vote(s)
19.44%

[HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly.

4,429 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,927

Post Reply Email Thread
23rd August 2019, 03:31 PM |#43841  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hektik007

Hello,

I had replace my phone with a quick ebay rescue and I have a Galaxy S7 SM-G930U. I have done a little research & can see that a few root options are available for the device, but I can't seem to find any Custom Roms that I'm 100% about flashing. I have the option to toggle the OEM UNLOCK in developer options so was kind of hoping that a UK Stock Rom or a S7 Custom Rom would flash without issues but I know that's probably unrealistic. I have the A Stock Rom for the device, but the SM-G930U-G930UUEU4BQD2.zip doesn't match the Baseband Version G930UUEU4BRD1 nor the Build Number NRD90M G930UUEU4BRD1.

I can install ADB & make a LogCat if one is needed.

Some info from google about the device.

Samsung's Galaxy S7 (US Unlocked) SM-G930U specifications and features: this is a 5.1" (129.2mm) device with a QHD 2560 x 1440 screen resolution. The phone is powered by the Exynos 8890 soc with a Quad-Core 2.3 GHz + Quad-Core 1.6 GHz configuration. Memory is 4GB, with the device offering 32GB, 64GB (UFS2.0) internal storage and up to 200GB of external memory.

I thought the US versions of the S7 range used the SnapDragon CPU's, I think I have ended up with way more questions than I intended lol.

Anyway, so the device has no branding from any carrier nor does it have any bloatware, other than from Google,it did have Facebook & Instagram installed after I Factory Reset the device but I think that may be standard, it's running Android Version 7.0, with Android Security Patch Level April 1, 2018. SE for Android Status is Enforcing, Device Status is Official.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

If you flash anything, it will have to be for SM-G930U or for a version of S7 that has the exact same Exynos CPU that you have. When it comes to stock firmware, just because the CPU is exactly the same, does not necessarily mean that it can be used on your device, there can be minor differences in bootloader and modem that can prevent it from working in your device, in some cases, it can soft-brick your device or even hard-brick your device.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
23rd August 2019, 03:47 PM |#43842  
Thanks Meter: 313

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

...it can soft-drink your device or even hard-brick your device.

Soda-popped a few in my day.
The Following User Says Thank You to GOOGLE_USER For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GOOGLE_USER Ad-Free
23rd August 2019, 03:57 PM |#43843  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:

If you flash anything, it will have to be for SM-G930U or for a version of S7 that has the exact same Exynos CPU that you have. When it comes to stock firmware, just because the CPU is exactly the same, does not necessarily mean that it can be used on your device, there can be minor differences in bootloader and modem that can prevent it from working in your device, in some cases, it can soft-drink your device or even hard-brick your device.

Thanks for your reply, I have been doing some research and have found a matching stock rom G930UUEU4BRD1_G930UOYM4BRD1_USC.zip . It matches the baseband version & build number of my device. Can you recommenced an app that I can install to find the details of the bootloader or is that what the Logcat will provide?

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOOGLE_USER

I did that to my first Android, it was a HTC sensation, spent 12 hours solid going from a brick to a working phone.[COLOR="Silver"]
The Following User Says Thank You to Hektik007 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Hektik007 Ad-Free
23rd August 2019, 04:06 PM |#43844  
Thanks Meter: 313

More
FIRST
Quote:

Can you recommenced an app that I can install to find the details of the bootloader...

Try this: CLICK HERE.

FIRST!
I'm calling first on your "Thanks" meter. +1
The Following User Says Thank You to GOOGLE_USER For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GOOGLE_USER Ad-Free
23rd August 2019, 04:54 PM |#43845  
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOOGLE_USER

Freaking autocorrect, the most inconvenient convenience I have ever dealt with, lol.

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

Quote:

Thanks for your reply, I have been doing some research and have found a matching stock rom G930UUEU4BRD1_G930UOYM4BRD1_USC.zip . It matches the baseband version & build number of my device. Can you recommenced an app that I can install to find the details of the bootloader or is that what the Logcat will provide?

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

I did that to my first Android, it was a HTC sensation, spent 12 hours solid going from a brick to a working phone.[COLOR="Silver"]

If the baseband matches, you should be good to go. But, it isn't any different than what you already have, it's the exact same firmware that is already installed.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
23rd August 2019, 07:32 PM |#43846  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930U
Quote:

Freaking autocorrect, the most inconvenient convenience I have ever dealt with, lol.

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

If the baseband matches, you should be good to go. But, it isn't any different than what you already have, it's the exact same firmware that is already installed.

Thanks again, I'm confident that I can try to find some custom roms that will be safe to flash, knowing that I can, at the very least, flash the correct stock rom back.

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

Also, I found the exact firmware package on Sam mobile, matches CSC code, baseband and so on...

Cheers for your input.

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

Also, I found the exact firmware package on Sam mobile, matches CSC code, baseband and so on...

Cheers for your input.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hektik007 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Hektik007 Ad-Free
25th August 2019, 09:27 PM |#43847  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xunholyx

Flash the TWRP version from this thread. Instructions are included there.

Download Magisk from here (<-- this is a direct download link ~ clicking it will initiate the download) onto your phone.
Boot to TWRP recovery, select install, and select the Magisk.zip

Congratulations! You are rooted.

Thank you very much! My redmi note 4 is finally rooted
26th August 2019, 12:06 AM |#43848  
Thanks Meter: 454

More
What can you do to prevent scratches when you use a case?
26th August 2019, 01:35 AM |#43849  
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93fuelslut

What can you do to prevent scratches when you use a case?

Prevent scratches to the case? All I can say is use carefully.

If you mean how to prevent scratches on the device from dirt/dust that gets trapped between the device and the case, try putting a layer of gauze, used dryer sheet, paper towel, toilet paper, scrap of cloth or something similar between the device and the case to fill the space and cushion the contact between the case and the device.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
26th August 2019, 09:19 AM |#43850  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Soooo, short version is that I was messing around with an barely known phone (Acer Z130) and accidentally wiped the system....

Now, I had no luck so far finding a stock rom image to flash. So here' s my question

Can I play music from SD card with TWRP?
26th August 2019, 10:26 AM |#43851  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1,867

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raresh T

Can I play music from SD card with TWRP?

no.

But IF you have TWRP, chances are there is a custom ROM out there that it was built to flash.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, beginner, confused, guidance, help needed, help thread, lost, newbie, noob, questions and answers

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)