1,869 posts
Thanks Meter: 676

By Devo7v, Senior Member on 29th January 2014, 08:23 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th March 2018, 08:05 PM |#441  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Just the bootloader?
I noticed these stock firmware downloads are 2.2 GB .exe files. Is there a way/place I can download just the bootloader image?
10th March 2018, 08:42 PM |#442  
Flag Chicopee
Thanks Meter: 1,937

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IReticentI

I noticed these stock firmware downloads are 2.2 GB .exe files. Is there a way/place I can download just the bootloader image?

Which one, I can maybe help you
11th March 2018, 12:15 AM |#443  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisapoorusernamechoice

which one, i can maybe help you

4.2.2 ucuamf1.
20th July 2019, 12:26 PM |#444  

More
It appears that the NE3 to OC6 file does not work. I did just flash to stock NE3 from a rooted NE3. Now i am looking to upgrade to 5.0.1. But the NE3 to OC6.zip file, once downloaded, cannot be opened as "file is invalid." I've tried redownloaded it 3 times now to no luck.

I can't use the NH3 to OC6, correct? Even though the NE3 to OC6 guide references the NH3 file? I just assumed this was a typo.

(EDIT) - I just did NE3 to NH3, and then I did NH3 to OC6.

Now I want to go to Marshmallow - Any way to get this done w/o rooting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo7v

I537UCUCOC6 (5.0.1) Released 2015-04-21 - OFFICIAL
  • Link to thread: Discussion Thread
  • Download Link: Official NE3 to OC6 OTA 926MB
    Official NH3 to OC6 OTA 972MB
  • MD5: Official NE3 to OC6 OTA: 313267bf88802c813fd041c2d1da1ec0
    Official NH3 to OC6 OTA: ccdfc026e600cb1040e7c389d4fa4132
  • Root method: Root Discussion Thread Thanks to @muniz_ri for all his work on this.
  • Kernels: TBA
  • Modifications: TBA
  • Description: This is the official version of Android 5.0.1 pushed to phones via OTA on April 21, 2015. It is The first release of Lollipop for the i537. A brief changelog for the release by AT&T can be found here (Screenshot).

In order to flash the OTA files you must be on either stock, unrooted NE3 or NH3 firmware. You can then download the OTA file, rename it to update.zip and flash it through stock recovery. If you've rooted or modified the system in any way then you have to flash the Full NE3 Odin Package and update to NH3 first; this process will completely wipe your phone.

[/LIST][/INDENT][/HIDE]

20th July 2019, 08:19 PM |#445  
OP Senior Member
Washington, D.C.
Thanks Meter: 676

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faramire

It appears that the NE3 to OC6 file does not work. I did just flash to stock NE3 from a rooted NE3. Now i am looking to upgrade to 5.0.1. But the NE3 to OC6.zip file, once downloaded, cannot be opened as "file is invalid." I've tried redownloaded it 3 times now to no luck.

I can't use the NH3 to OC6, correct? Even though the NE3 to OC6 guide references the NH3 file? I just assumed this was a typo.

(EDIT) - I just did NE3 to NH3, and then I did NH3 to OC6.

Now I want to go to Marshmallow - Any way to get this done w/o rooting?

OC7 is the last firmware that was released for the i537. There is nothing after that.
26th July 2019, 02:36 AM |#446  
Flag Lawrence

More
Quote:

This absolutely blows my mind. This is the first update in nearly a year and a half and an update over there and a half years after the phone was released. If anybody has more information on what was in the release other than "security updates" if be very interested to know what was in it.

Quote:

OC7 is the last firmware that was released for the i537. There is nothing after that.

You contradicted yourself, having acknowledged OC8 above. Would you add it to the OP?
25th August 2019, 11:12 PM |#447  
Flag Lawrence

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypercore

Kingroot can root this as well.

I tried this at your suggestion, only to regret it. Kingroot is adware, and possibly spyware too. It blocks uninstallation via any means (e.g. application manager, Play Store) except the built-in uninstall function, which takes the opportunity to unroot your device first as punishment for uninstalling it. It also blocks SuperSU, forcing you to use Kingroot as your root manager. Each successive version gets more trojan-like protections, meaning that old removal techniques no longer work. I had to wipe my phone with Odin just to get all traces of Kingroot off of it. Don't use Kingroot.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
i537, reference, s4 active, stock firmware

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)