I537UCUCOC6 (5.0.1) Released 2015-04-21 - OFFICIAL
- Link to thread: Discussion Thread
- Download Link: Official NE3 to OC6 OTA 926MB
Official NH3 to OC6 OTA 972MB
- MD5: Official NE3 to OC6 OTA: 313267bf88802c813fd041c2d1da1ec0
Official NH3 to OC6 OTA: ccdfc026e600cb1040e7c389d4fa4132
- Root method: Root Discussion Thread Thanks to @muniz_ri for all his work on this.
- Kernels: TBA
- Modifications: TBA
- Description: This is the official version of Android 5.0.1 pushed to phones via OTA on April 21, 2015. It is The first release of Lollipop for the i537. A brief changelog for the release by AT&T can be found here (Screenshot).
In order to flash the OTA files you must be on either stock, unrooted NE3 or NH3 firmware. You can then download the OTA file, rename it to update.zip and flash it through stock recovery. If you've rooted or modified the system in any way then you have to flash the Full NE3 Odin Package and update to NH3 first; this process will completely wipe your phone.
It appears that the NE3 to OC6 file does not work. I did just flash to stock NE3 from a rooted NE3. Now i am looking to upgrade to 5.0.1. But the NE3 to OC6.zip file, once downloaded, cannot be opened as "file is invalid." I've tried redownloaded it 3 times now to no luck.
I can't use the NH3 to OC6, correct? Even though the NE3 to OC6 guide references the NH3 file? I just assumed this was a typo.
(EDIT) - I just did NE3 to NH3, and then I did NH3 to OC6.
Now I want to go to Marshmallow - Any way to get this done w/o rooting?
This absolutely blows my mind. This is the first update in nearly a year and a half and an update over there and a half years after the phone was released. If anybody has more information on what was in the release other than "security updates" if be very interested to know what was in it.
|i537, reference, s4 active, stock firmware|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|