[APP][2.2+] DriveDroid - host ISO/IMG files to boot your PC from

471 posts
Thanks Meter: 927

Post Reply Email Thread
15th August 2019, 11:16 PM |#1661  
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 74

More
i am able to host/install ubuntu, mint and almost any linux system. however was not able to windows install no mather what i do or options i change

s8 int, pie
20th August 2019, 09:27 AM |#1662  
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by loop4444

i am able to host/install ubuntu, mint and almost any linux system. however was not able to windows install no mather what i do or options i change

s8 int, pie

Did you read the tutorial in the first post?
29th August 2019, 08:34 AM |#1663  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello good people! I am using samsung a310f and I just can't make it work. InstaWizard tells me I'm fine and my pc even booted with drivedroid demo but when I try to create an image, it appears as cd-rom and I can't do anything with it. Can anyone help, please? (OS A 7.0, A310FXXU3CQL1, core version 3.10.61 - 12219145). if you need any other info i'll send it asap. Thanks in advance
9th October 2019, 06:09 AM |#1664  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Hello. EMUI5 P9Plus does not have DriveDroid support in the kernel, but in EMUI4 everything worked very well. Please tell me what needs to be fixed so that there is support for DriveDroid? The source code for the HUAWEI VIE (P9Plus) kernel for EMUI 4 and 5 I have.
Attached Files
File Type: zip EMUI4.1_VIE_gadget.zip - [Click for QR Code] (834.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: zip EMUI5_VIE_gadget.zip - [Click for QR Code] (968.6 KB, 8 views)
10th October 2019, 05:03 AM |#1665  
Flag ....
Thanks Meter: 10,953

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexfocus

Hello. EMUI5 P9Plus does not have DriveDroid support in the kernel, but in EMUI4 everything worked very well. Please tell me what needs to be fixed so that there is support for DriveDroid? The source code for the HUAWEI VIE (P9Plus) kernel for EMUI 4 and 5 I have.

Links to patches required to fix this issue exist in first post. Apply them to your kernel and build.

Sent from my "1+2" powered by Delight Oreo
Compiled by myself
The Following User Says Thank You to nicesoni_ash For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nicesoni_ash Ad-Free
10th October 2019, 08:35 AM |#1666  
Flag Moscow

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicesoni_ash

Links to patches required to fix this issue exist in first post. Apply them to your kernel and build.

My device and core are not in the list of the first post

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenCow

If this list is missing any rom/kernel that has the feature, please contact me.

I'm trying to get recommendations here. What am I doing wrong?
10th October 2019, 08:38 AM |#1667  
Flag ....
Thanks Meter: 10,953

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexfocus

My device and core are not in the list of the first post

Just below that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenCow

If you know your way around kernel code and patching, you can get the patches here:
Patch to allow applications (like DriveDroid) to switch between USB and CD-mode
Patch to fix booting from the emulated CD-rom drive (only needed for Android 2.x kernels)

Sent from my "1+2" powered by Delight Oreo
Compiled by myself
The Following User Says Thank You to nicesoni_ash For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nicesoni_ash Ad-Free
10th October 2019, 09:06 AM |#1668  
Flag Moscow

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicesoni_ash

Just below that.

My problem is not switching between USB and CD modes, but that my kernel on MIUI 5 (Android 7) does not find hosting of USB devices.
20th October 2019, 07:21 PM |#1669  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluejanis

I tried using DriveDroid to boot Tails, but it fails during boot.
DriveDroid 0.10.50 on OnePlus 6 Android 9, OxygenOS 9.0.5, Device is rooted with Magisk.

I tried to boot up Tails, it starts to do so, but eventually shows errors of type:

SQUASHFS error: Unabled to read page, block 2759f4ac, size 43a60
SQUASHFS error: Unabled to read fragment cache entry 2759f4ac
SQUASHFS error: Unabled to read page, block 2759f4ac, size 43a60
SQUASHFS error:squashfs_read_data failed to read bvlock 0xfd327d2
Error starting GDM with your graphics card: 01:00.0.0

I also read some other posts about people having troubles with older OnePlus devices and DriveDroid, so I am assuming the issue is somewhere between OxygenOS(OOS) and DriveDroid. Some possible causes could be:
- OOS itself already adds a drive to install USB-Drivers. Maybe this interferes.
- Tails needs a 8GB partition. Maybe there is some kind of FAT32 issue only allowing 4GB and corrupting anything afterwards. (I dont really think so, but who knows)
- The phone uses a modern A/B partition system. Maybe this causes an issue.

Any ideas how to solve this? Please help!

I'm getting this issue on my OnePlus 5 as well.
I'm using the live POP! OS image (though it also seems to happen with others).
It seems that during the boot process, once the OS has nearly booted, the Oxygen OS tries to host /system/etc/usb_drivers.iso and then DriveDroid tries to re-host the POP! OS image.
Think it goes back and forth with DriveDroid and Oxygen both fighting to host their own image (as I repeatedly see that drive droid is re-granted root permissions over and over).

Not really sure how to solve this.
24th October 2019, 07:47 PM |#1670  

More
VMOS + DriveDroid?
I'm attempting to use DriveDroid through VMOS, in which I'm able to give DriveDroid root privileges but I'm stuck on configuring the image directory. It leads to a blank "Recent" directory with nothing else in the 'Open From' sidebar. Has anyone had any luck doing this?

VMOS is running Android 5.1.1 with Kernel version 3.4.0-g5170b88-dirty, if that helps.
26th October 2019, 12:02 PM |#1671  
Flag Islampur
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Hey
Its showing in my file manager
But not showing in boot menu
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
drivedroid, img, linux, ums, usb

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)