FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

HTC Flagships - Mega Tech Discussion Thread [ HTC One | HTC 10 | U11 / U11+ | U12+]

33,233 posts
Thanks Meter: 27,170

By hamdir, Recognized Contributor on 7th August 2013, 08:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th August 2019, 10:34 AM |#70561  
Thanks Meter: 75

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xunholyx

I used XDA search and came up with 5 different versions. That's why I asked for a link to the one you are using.

Attachment 4810791

Using the v34.05.26xxx dark theme no root. Sorry for the snark, must have been a long day when I posted the last

Sent from my HTC U12+ using Tapatalk
28th August 2019, 08:20 AM |#70562  
Thanks Meter: 815

More
https://9to5google.com/2019/08/27/pi...detailed-leak/
28th August 2019, 08:24 AM |#70563  
Flag Split
Thanks Meter: 89

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by myself11

What's up with that speaker hole??

Sent from my HTC U11+
28th August 2019, 08:44 AM |#70564  
Thanks Meter: 1,795

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsardax

What's up with that speaker hole??

Sent from my HTC U11+

There is a protective film on top of the phone if you mean the top one. The bottom one is like all the phones - not facing towards the user.
28th August 2019, 08:40 PM |#70565  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 133

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by myself11

Hopefully the XL will have smaller bezels.
28th August 2019, 09:36 PM |#70566  
Flag Planet Earth
Thanks Meter: 546

More
I don't like those big curves edges. They make the bezel look bigger. Should be subtle curves or straight like the U12+
The Following User Says Thank You to Rage1ofakind For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rage1ofakind Ad-Free
29th August 2019, 02:23 AM |#70567  
Thanks Meter: 497

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage1ofakind

I don't like those big curves edges. They make the bezel look bigger. Should be subtle curves or straight like the U12+

This is true. Our brain is fooling us that the bezels start where the curve ends. A subtle curve, I would say is like the HTC U11 Eyes or Moto Z3 Play.

------
It seems that HTC didn't include the nifty bluetooth feature to remember volume of different devices connected to the phone. This is not an issue with other OEMs with Android Pie.

So now if I turn to max volume my bluetooth speaker (through phone) and switched to my bluetooth earphones, the current volume will also be max. What the heck, HTC.

It's not all bad though, stereo speakers are now balanced where the sound (even bass) in the earpiece is similar to the bottom firing speaker. My guess is they decreased the volume of the latter. Also, the speakers now have the same oomph as the U11+.
31st August 2019, 11:21 AM |#70568  
Flag Wakefield
Thanks Meter: 4,710

More
https://www.reddit.com/r/GrapheneOS/...stock_android/

Interesting read.
1st September 2019, 03:46 AM |#70569  
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 2,307

More
I'm back to using my HTC U12+ over my Samsung S10+ and don't miss a thing like the things I missed from my U12+. Both screens are beautiful. Small bezels don't mean dog crap. The simplicity of the U12+ even makes it better. Such an underrated phone.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LibertyMonger For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LibertyMonger Ad-Free
1st September 2019, 09:06 AM |#70570  
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 2,307

More
A rooted HTC U12+ kills the S10+.

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 AM ----------

Face unlock on HTC kills Samsung. And having a real fingerprint sensor kills Samsung. HTC is so much easier to use. Can't wait for HTC to make their comeback.
The Following User Says Thank You to LibertyMonger For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LibertyMonger Ad-Free
1st September 2019, 02:04 PM |#70571  
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyMonger

A rooted HTC U12+ kills the S10+.

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 AM ----------

Face unlock on HTC kills Samsung. And having a real fingerprint sensor kills Samsung. HTC is so much easier to use. Can't wait for HTC to make their comeback.

That ain't happening bro.
HTC is dead for real as a smartphone manufacturer and brand.
Due to their own stupid mistakes they became irrelevant.
I've been a HTC fanatic supporter and buyer since the Touch HD.
They always had top notch phones.

The last 3-4 years they dropped the ball.
They had the amazing metal unibody design.
They followed stupid Samsung with glass back ( perfect for their repair center to make money, bad for the consumer with the easily breaking glass ).
They insist on LCD screens and not top of the top panels, their best panel lacks in contrast and most importantly on sunlight legibility.
They dropped the ball on software development, their UI is at a standstill 5 years now.
They didn't fit in a bigger battery, if the u11 had a 4000mAh battery it'd be unbeatable in nearly every aspect.
They removed their magnificent dual front firing speakers with great sound quality and high output levels and replaced them with subpar speakers.
They dropped the ball several times on their promises. They promised 2 years of Android OS updates for a lot of their phones, and they didn't deliver.
For those that got updated, the update came terribly late both in terms of Android version release date and on their promised timeline.

If my u11 fails irrepeairably I don't know what I'm going to buy.
Another HTC is definitely a NO.
Samsung ? never going to happen.
Huawei ? several failures on both design and QC ( green screens for example ).
Apple ? hahaha
Xiaomi ? meh.

Don't know what I'd do!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to htc_one_mini_m4 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift htc_one_mini_m4 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
htc, htc 10, htc one, info, knowledge base, m9 m8 m7 m4 t6 m10 perfume, nvidia tegra, ocean u ultra, qualcomm snapdragon adreno, sense zoe ultrapixel imagesense, u11 u11+ u12+, usonic

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)