After receiving a lot of bug reports about the translation issue with the menu drawer, I finally take time to try to fix it (my holidays just start
So I fix all incomplete string-array issues the best I could (I can't really understand all languages the app has) but you should get at least all menu entries.
If some of them are switched or mislabeled, it could be fixed by a translation update. I hope it will encourage translators to patch it when needed (whereas a missing entry could be easily missed).
I also improve the "not enough space" dialog error.
It will now display a more detailed message, like failed to mount as rw, which leads to no space to write hosts file.
Finally, I removed the telemetry startup message (for F-Droid opt-in users only) to replace them by app update only.
It allows me to understand which versions of the app are installed on which Android platforms.
(let's say there is a new target version available and I would like to know if I should spend hours to migrate right now or wait few months until more dev feedback becomes available ^^')
- Improve hosts file parsing
- Improve hosts file install error message (add more details than not enough space)
- Fix menu drawer translation issue
- Update translations
- Replace startup (opt-in only) telemetry messages by app update only
Special thanks to @yky
for its helpful bug report, @ipdev
for gifting me XDA Ad-Free for one full year
and to all other donators.
AdAway 4.2.9 on AndroidFileHost