FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOL] Tickle My Android - Decompile & Recompile With Ease

6,667 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,481

By Ticklefish, Recognized Themer on 3rd May 2012, 04:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Ticklefish: Version 16.1 Now Available!
4th September 2019, 01:51 PM |#7811  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,312

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jds3118

Thanks I'll give it a try

Sorry to keep hammering here. Not trying to be a pest but baksmali and smali are up to 2.3.1 now. Just trying to think of possible problems. Apktool was just integrated to smali 2.3.0 18 days ago so I also just compiled a new Apktool 2.4.1 for those that want it. Just rename it minus the .zip
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tulsadiver For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tulsadiver Ad-Free
4th September 2019, 02:11 PM |#7812  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradco

Hello is it possible to ad the tips and link in the first page ?

I just did. The FAQ post has been updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulsadiver

I believe the last beta I did for the 6t was OB9 ota41

Okay. I just downloaded the 6t beta 16 software and extracted the framework and OPSystemUI.apk. I don't mod the framework, just the OPSystemUI and services.jar. I didn't have any problem decompiling, modding, and recompiling the OPSystemUI.apk using 2.3.2 but I was using my automated system instead of ticklemyandroid. I have a separate ticklemyandroid for the Oneplus 6. I noticed I was using a apktool that I had compiled myself. 2.4.1 snapshot. You are welcome to try it.

Quote:

Sorry to keep hammering here. Not trying to be a pest but baksmali and smali are up to 2.3.1 now. Just trying to think of possible problems. Apktool was just integrated to smali 2.3.0 18 days ago so I also just compiled a new Apktool 2.4.1 for those that want it. Just rename it minus the .zip

Your automated system...is there anything it does that you need me to add to TMA?
This is half me being helpful and wanting the tool to be as useful as possible...and half me being greedy and wanting TMA to be used for everything!

Thanks for the snapshot apktool! Very cool indeed!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ticklefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ticklefish Ad-Free
4th September 2019, 03:03 PM |#7813  
Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklefish

I just did. The FAQ post has been updated.

Your automated system...is there anything it does that you need me to add to TMA?
This is half me being helpful and wanting the tool to be as useful as possible...and half me being greedy and wanting TMA to be used for everything!

Thanks for the snapshot apktool! Very cool indeed!

What I called my automated system is just a series of decompiling, editing, and and recompiling that I chain together. Enclosed is a small crude example. One is a mod for 5 column QS and one is for a center clock. If you unzip the enclosed contents into a folder on your c drive called 3CustomQ4script, opened a command window that is capable of running bash script you could copy and paste the cmd from the readme.txt file ./SystemUIModsO c:/3CustomQ4script it would kick off a series of decompiling, editing, recompiling and then zipping into flashable zips, those two mods. These are for the Pixel 2 XL. The results end up in the "done" folder.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid...86940962575984
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tulsadiver For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tulsadiver Ad-Free
4th September 2019, 03:37 PM |#7814  
Flag Limoges
Thanks Meter: 111

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklefish

I just did. The FAQ post has been updated. :

Thanks 👍

Little question I already successfully use TMA with Android 7 but with Android 9 or 10 under miui it works well? no special case?

Sent from my polaris using XDA Labs
4th September 2019, 04:18 PM |#7815  
Recognized Contributor
ocala
Thanks Meter: 4,790

Donate to Me
More
@Tulsadiver @Ticklefish I'm still trying to figure out this recompile problem. I've checked and updated my java, I've rebooted laptop, and tried again with no luck.
4th September 2019, 04:51 PM |#7816  
Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

@Tulsadiver @Ticklefish I'm still trying to figure out this recompile problem. I've checked and updated my java, I've rebooted laptop, and tried again with no luck.

Could you post your log again? Also, what version of ticklemyandroid are you using and what options when recompiling, with aapt2 support, original signature, etc.

Try replacing your apktool.yml in your working folder with this one before recompiling.

Also, are your environment variables updated as well and pointing to the correct Java jre and jdk?
Attached Files
File Type: zip apktool.yml.zip - [Click for QR Code] (451 Bytes, 4 views)
4th September 2019, 04:54 PM |#7817  
Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradco

Thanks

Little question I already successfully use TMA with Android 7 but with Android 9 or 10 under miui it works well? no special case?

Sent from my polaris using XDA Labs

It works well on my phones on both 9 and 10 but they are Google pixel phones.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tulsadiver For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tulsadiver Ad-Free
4th September 2019, 05:15 PM |#7818  
Recognized Contributor
ocala

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Could you post your log again? Also, what version of ticklemyandroid are you using and what options when recompiling, with aapt2 support, original signature, etc.

Try replacing your apktool.yml in your working folder with this one before recompiling.

Been trying to upload the log but xda is being a pain lol. I have tma v16.003
As for options I don't change anything I use standard setting

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

The apktool.yml worked to recompile OPsystemui.apk using tool 2.3.2
4th September 2019, 05:46 PM |#7819  
Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Been trying to upload the log but xda is being a pain lol. I have tma v16.003
As for options I don't change anything I use standard setting

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

The apktool.yml worked to recompile OPsystemui.apk using tool 2.3.2

Are you using 32 bit Java? Can you use 64 bit instead or at least have it as the first entry on the path in environment variables? Seems to be a problem with Apktool determining which aapt version to use on 32 bit Java (exit code 1073741515)
4th September 2019, 05:51 PM |#7820  
Recognized Contributor
ocala

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Are you using 32 bit Java? Can you use 64 bit instead or at least have it as the first entry on the path in environment variables? Seems to be a problem with Apktool determining which aapt version to use on 32 bit Java (exit code 1073741515)

I'm using 64 bit I believe that's what my laptop uses.
4th September 2019, 06:45 PM |#7821  
Flag Limoges
Thanks Meter: 111

More
Quote:

It works well on my phones on both 9 and 10 but they are Google pixel phones.

Thanks

I just tried, it's ok for the framework.apk but for the systemui small problem
for me it is here /system/priv-app/miuisystemuimiuisytemui.apk using the systemui extraction command it does not work.
So I try with the command: 13 extract any file from any location

TMA tells me very quickly : the system can not find the command file : pullanyfille

an idea ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
apktool, decompile, recompile, smali, xml

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)