FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][2.0+] MiXplorer v6.x Released (fully-featured file manager)

5,567 posts
Thanks Meter: 29,327

By HootanParsa, Recognized Developer on 17th May 2011, 03:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th September 2019, 09:50 PM |#30891  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Can someone solve these queries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurkirat_Singh

When mixplorer have root privileges, you click on an apk and then on install, it uses it's root privileges and the app gets installed quickly and automatically. But after a reboot or I'm not sure what, when you do this again, it shows the app is installed but also opens 'package installer' and if you go & check, the app isn't actually installed and it was just a false notification and maybe that's why package installer opens up?

Anyone else faced this issue or bug? Any reasons for this to happen?

Quote:

@martyfender My device is rooted so today I tried taking backup of some apps i.e fortnite & fortnite installer. What I saw was that, those backups were stored in .mib format. So after taking the backup if I want to install it again, how do I do it? As the format is supported by mixplorer ofc, it opens up and shows the files inside also, containing apk files. So do I just install those directly or what?

And how does it works in mixplorer case, does it take the backup of app's current status as well, like it happens with titanium backup, you can start where you left. Also I saw that it does take backup of data as well, though I didn't tested it with apps that have big data/obb files.

It also put the 'fornite installer' app in mib file as well, with it's data files as well, which I think every app creates ones it opens, until it's data is cleared manually. So IDK how it will create backup of a freshly installed app or when you're not rooted.

5th September 2019, 10:17 PM |#30892  
Thanks Meter: 83

More
Quote:

...But after a reboot or I'm not sure what, when you do this again...

Install again? Why?

Quote:

it shows the app is installed

'it' what?

Quote:

and if you go & check, the app isn't actually installed

Check where?

Quote:

maybe that's why package installer opens up?

Package installer opens because you clicked on an apk file. Doesn't matter that you're opening it again.

btw, bigger bolder text won't get you quicker answers
6th September 2019, 12:12 AM |#30893  
Thanks Meter: 550

More
Does anyone know if chipers option is honored? Connection works without error. Log gives no details about it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190905-185731.jpg
Views:	478
Size:	132.9 KB
ID:	4815695
6th September 2019, 07:39 AM |#30894  
Flag Bhiwandi
Thanks Meter: 199

More
Long time no update?
6th September 2019, 07:54 AM |#30895  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Translator
Flag Preserving Air Supremacy over XDA!
Thanks Meter: 7,399

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by love4chat

Long time no update?

...just allow the developer who already dedicates lots of his time to the benefit of the XDA community to have and to hopefully enjoy his real life. If the developer is ready an update will arrive but that's solely Hootan's decision!
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Oswald Boelcke For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Oswald Boelcke Ad-Free
6th September 2019, 12:44 PM |#30896  
Thanks Meter: 2,045

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswald Boelcke

...just allow the developer who already dedicates lots of his time to the benefit of the XDA community to have and to hopefully enjoy his real life. If the developer is ready an update will arrive but that's solely Hootan's decision!

Absolutely right @Oswald Boelcke, incidentally there's also no need for an update as there aren't any significant bugs.
Just to clarify for those who aren't regularly following this thread: @HootanParsa handles this thread in his own way, he may be away for some time but when he comes back he rushes in here, sometimes then there are several updates a day and he is aware of every single report and ready to solve it . Don't forget this man has a real live too.

Sent from my Moto G5 Plus using XDA Labs
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wolfcity For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wolfcity Ad-Free
6th September 2019, 02:03 PM |#30897  
Cluj
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Hi
I have an issue when adding a OneDrive storage. When I add the storage I'm asked for the unlock pattern. After adding the pattern and the credentials for OneDrive the storage it's added and the pattern or fingerprint it's asked to unlock the drive, however after exiting from Mixplorer somehow the credentials are lost. I'm asked to unlock the drive and after that I'm redirected again to put in my credentials.
This happens with google drive also, but seems to work fine with Mega.
I'm attaching also a log file.
Thanks in advance!
Attached Files
File Type: txt MiX-B19071410_2019-09-05_07-06.txt - [Click for QR Code] (10.9 KB, 0 views)
6th September 2019, 03:32 PM |#30898  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
You know all of your answers make me really mad and I want to rage on you so hard, but I'm not going to, as it won't make me any different from you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_edd

Install again? Why?

What does it matter? I'm trying to test something here and you're asking me why.

Quote:

'it' what?

"MIXPLORER"

Quote:

Check where?

"The App Drawer"

Quote:

Package installer opens because you clicked on an apk file. Doesn't matter that you're opening it again.

When clicking on an apk, it("MIXPLORER") provides 4 option, 2 apps - Explore, Package Installer, 2 buttons - Install, Open As, 5th option as a toggle - Remember - to default actions.
If you may know, by clicking on 'Install', mixplorer installs the app by using it's root previlages, instead it opens the 'Package Installer' cause it couldn't install the app, now IDK why? maybe it's a bug IDK.

Quote:

btw, bigger bolder text won't get you quicker answers

Then why didn't you replied before and only now? @big_edd
6th September 2019, 05:14 PM |#30899  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,245

More
Quote:

[STRIKE]. . .

When clicking on an apk, it("MIXPLORER") provides 4 option, 2 apps - Explore, Package Installer, 2 buttons - Install, Open As, 5th option as a toggle - Remember - to default actions.
If you may know, by clicking on 'Install', mixplorer installs the app by using it's root previlages, instead it opens the 'Package Installer' cause it couldn't install the app, now IDK why? maybe it's a bug IDK.
. . .

I can't duplicate this. Whenever I click "Install" it installs the app without opening the Package Installer.
Doesn't matter if it's a first install or an update or a reinstall of the same version. And batch install works for me, everything gets installed properly.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jcmm11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jcmm11 Ad-Free
6th September 2019, 05:37 PM |#30900  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Translator
Flag Preserving Air Supremacy over XDA!
Thanks Meter: 7,399

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmm11

I can't duplicate this. Whenever I click "Install" it installs the app without opening the Package Installer.
Doesn't matter if it's a first install or an update or a reinstall of the same version. And batch install works for me, everything gets installed properly.

^^
The Following User Says Thank You to Oswald Boelcke For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Oswald Boelcke Ad-Free
6th September 2019, 06:07 PM |#30901  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by exaveal

Is it possible to use the function "Auto Tasks" to move ever 15 minutes all files from the folder /storage/emulated/0/DCIM/Camera to /storgage/external_sd_card/DCIM/Camera?
I wrote both paths in it, but it seems it only works for a specific file or folder, but not for all files in a folder.

2nd question: Is it possible to use the "symlink" function to link a folder from internal storage to external sd card?

awseome work: Best file explorer I've every used!

Anyone?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chm, cloud, encfs, epub, mix

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)