FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

HTC Flagships - Mega Tech Discussion Thread [ HTC One | HTC 10 | U11 / U11+ | U12+]

33,232 posts
Thanks Meter: 27,170

By hamdir, Recognized Contributor on 7th August 2013, 08:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th September 2019, 09:02 AM |#70601  
OP Recognized Contributor
Beirut
Thanks Meter: 27,170

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ijuanp03

Stock vs Stock is better on the u12+ but the telephoto is next to useless in any lighting condition except daylight so i still think it's a win for u11+ only because it's compatible with Gcam where the other isn't.

i disagree, the u12+ camera even against the u11+ GCAM is better, the u11+ insists on over exposing white areas even with GCAM while the u12+ has exemplary dynamic range and in many ways destroys GCAM, video quality is nearly flawless and the seflie is also better than most phones

look the phone i use all the time and i LOVE is the snapdragon s10, even though the fingerprint scanner is flawed, but its smooth / fast enough to run even in CPU battery saver all the time, the s10 is flawless 60fps for me something i can not say for the u12+ but why do i carry the u12+ with me everyday as a secondary? its the camera, it can not beat the s10 camera in GCAM but it does win the video and selfie battle
6th September 2019, 09:03 AM |#70602  
Flag Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 1,620

More
After 13 years HTC with all their top devices and quite active in the HTC community here I took the leap and got myself a Xiaomi MI 9T Pro 128Gb.
My U11 will still stay for a while with me but it is on LineageOS (even Edge functions are working perfectly) because of the lack of general updates and security updates from HTC.
I will maybe not upgrade it to HTC's Pie Rom.
After more than a week my conclusion is that the 9T Pro is the device HTC had to come with.
Very well build, excellent screen, excellent price level and stunning performance and it's size is very close to the U11 size.
It is running on Global EU version stock and only thing I modded is using Nova Prime as launcher to get some of the Sense feel back.
Probably I won't even unlock it because the stock Rom is that good and it would be for the first time in 13 years I would not unlock a phone!!
Oh and SOT's are excellent like this one after 50% battery usage (no gaming though):
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SEqlPZN (1).png
Views:	450
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	4815827  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Snah001 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Snah001 Ad-Free
10th September 2019, 01:37 AM |#70603  
Thanks Meter: 496

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamdir

i disagree, the u12+ camera even against the u11+ GCAM is better, the u11+ insists on over exposing white areas even with GCAM while the u12+ has exemplary dynamic range and in many ways destroys GCAM, video quality is nearly flawless and the seflie is also better than most phones

You may have used a Gcam apk that is not much compatible with the U11+ because the dynamic range is excellent while the U12+ tends to overexpose images a bit (by default) which i prefer in some cases as it brightens the scene.

Selfie is ok with the u12+ as long as you are in a well-lit environment. Gcam still rules in lowlight as usual.

Video, yes, I agree. Gcam video is only useful to devices (like the Moto Z3 Play) that do not have OIS.
12th September 2019, 11:18 PM |#70604  
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 2,307

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamdir

I have three

Yeah and I'm happy to be back on my U12+. Plethoras of features doesn't equal better phone.

Just holding and squeezing the U12+ and the ease of use makes it just as good as the S10+.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate all the extra features. But don't use them. I'm not gonna be charging other losers phones with my phone. If they have a high end phone with wireless charging they should be just fine without me.

Seems like Samsung could have added more mics before the note 10. But of course they couldn't have done it without HTC. Maybe that's why the Note 10 left out the headphone jack. 3 mics is better than one but not better than 4. Lol

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

The build quality, feel and gorgeous look of the U12+ is so much better than the S10+ and the camera is still much better. Plus I can still use Google phone. In a reality world the Samsung can list more features but doesn't mean they are worth anything.

I got a kick out of a story I heard of someone using Apple or Samsung pay for their wallet and their battery died LMFAO. Dude didn't have a real wallet so he had to talk the clerk into letting him open a charger that he would have to buy as soon as he charged his phone enough to pay for his cart LMAO.

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

The build quality, feel and gorgeous look of the U12+ is so much better than the S10+ and the camera is still much better. Plus I can still use Google phone. In a reality world the Samsung can list more features but doesn't mean they are worth anything.

I got a kick out of a story I heard of someone using Apple or Samsung pay for their wallet and their battery died LMFAO. Dude didn't have a real wallet so he had to talk the clerk into letting him open a charger that he would have to buy as soon as he charged his phone enough to pay for his cart LMAO.
12th September 2019, 11:20 PM |#70605  
Thanks Meter: 185

More
I have been gone a while and people still talking about the htc 12 plus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
13th September 2019, 12:32 AM |#70606  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 2,716

More
We surely ain't gonna talk about recycled iPhonesClick image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190913-013133.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	4818840

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Imotep95 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Imotep95 Ad-Free
13th September 2019, 06:50 AM |#70607  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
My beloved U11 has charging issue, I ordered a charging port to try to replace it. As a plan B, I started looking for another phone. I really like the active edge to launch camera and to take pictures. With that in mind, I am restricted to HTC and Pixel I guess... I am looking at Pixel 3a, and maybe Pixel 4 when it comes out next month. Any suggestions or experiences to share w/ the Pixel line?
13th September 2019, 09:42 AM |#70608  
Thanks Meter: 496

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by seriousman52

Unfortunately, there is nothing much to talk about these days. I'm just enjoying my time with the U12+ and excited to switch to Motorola One Zoom or iPhone 11 Pro

I wish I could switch soon since the U12+ is one of the few HTC phones with mediocre battery.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ijuanp03 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ijuanp03 Ad-Free
13th September 2019, 09:45 AM |#70609  
Flag Sesvete, Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 2,077

More
Quote:

Wow.... Talk about usefull posts.... We missed you.... Not!

Poslano sa mog HTC U12+ koristeći Tapatalk
13th September 2019, 04:45 PM |#70610  
Thanks Meter: 185

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeykong1

Wow.... Talk about usefull posts.... We missed you.... Not!

Poslano sa mog HTC U12+ koristeći Tapatalk

Lol

13th September 2019, 11:51 PM |#70611  
Flag Adelaide
Thanks Meter: 184

More
Quote:

Pity you didn't leave for longer
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to heslo.rb26 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift heslo.rb26 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
htc, htc 10, htc one, info, knowledge base, m9 m8 m7 m4 t6 m10 perfume, nvidia tegra, ocean u ultra, qualcomm snapdragon adreno, sense zoe ultrapixel imagesense, u11 u11+ u12+, usonic

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)