FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOL] Tickle My Android - Decompile & Recompile With Ease

6,669 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,483

By Ticklefish, Recognized Themer on 3rd May 2012, 04:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Ticklefish: Version 16.2 Now Available From The "DOWNLOADS!" Tab!
4th September 2019, 06:45 PM |#7821  
Flag Limoges
Thanks Meter: 111

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulsadiver

It works well on my phones on both 9 and 10 but they are Google pixel phones.

Thanks

I just tried, it's ok for the framework.apk but for the systemui small problem
for me it is here /system/priv-app/miuisystemuimiuisytemui.apk using the systemui extraction command it does not work.
So I try with the command: 13 extract any file from any location

TMA tells me very quickly : the system can not find the command file : pullanyfille

an idea ?
4th September 2019, 06:57 PM |#7822  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,329

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradco

Thanks

for me it is here /system/priv-app/miuisystemuimiuisytemui.apk using the systemui extraction command it does not work.

TMA tells me very quickly : the system can not find the command file : pullanyfille

an idea ?

Android version 9?, 10?
The Following User Says Thank You to Tulsadiver For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tulsadiver Ad-Free
4th September 2019, 07:24 PM |#7823  
Flag Limoges

More
Quote:

Android version 9?, 10?

Android 9 Miui rom from xiaomi.eu ( not official ) xiaomi mi mix 2s
5th September 2019, 10:24 AM |#7824  
Quote:

What I called my automated system is just a series of decompiling, editing, and and recompiling that I chain together. Enclosed is a small crude example. One is a mod for 5 column QS and one is for a center clock. If you unzip the enclosed contents into a folder on your c drive called 3CustomQ4script, opened a command window that is capable of running bash script you could copy and paste the cmd from the readme.txt file ./SystemUIModsO c:/3CustomQ4script it would kick off a series of decompiling, editing, recompiling and then zipping into flashable zips, those two mods. These are for the Pixel 2 XL. The results end up in the "done" folder.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid...86940962575984

Neat. I'll have to take a look when I've got a bit more time. I still have (very) vague plans to make a Linux version of TMA one day and I should get to know how bash script work.

Quote:

Are you using 32 bit Java? Can you use 64 bit instead or at least have it as the first entry on the path in environment variables? Seems to be a problem with Apktool determining which aapt version to use on 32 bit Java (exit code 1073741515)

That would make sense. This error with the .9.PNG files does seem to be dependent on whether aapt2 is used or not. I'm guessing this hasn't been fixed yet - I didn't spot any mention of it on apktool's github.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradco

Thanks

an idea ?

I'll have a look in the code and see if I can fix it over the next few days.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ticklefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ticklefish Ad-Free
5th September 2019, 10:45 AM |#7825  
Flag Limoges

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklefish

I'll have a look in the code and see if I can fix it over the next few days.

Thanks really cool

Sent from my polaris using XDA Labs
6th September 2019, 11:06 AM |#7826  
Some of the recent compiling issues I've seen have been because people needed a framework-res.apk from Android 10 (which should have been called "Queen Of Puddings", don't you think?).

Now, thanks to @SagarMakhar's AOSP thread (found here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/asu...-10-0-t3964820), that APK is available.

Just download it from here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/0ueip...k-res.apk/file
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ticklefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ticklefish Ad-Free
9th September 2019, 01:19 AM |#7827  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to learn how to decompile and recompile apps using Ticklefish's Tickle My Android. For a basic test and learning purposes, I simply have taken an original .apk, ran it through decompile with Standard options, and simply recompiled with Standard options without modifying ANYTHING myself. When I attempt to install the app on a Samsung Galaxy S9+(running 9 Pie) the installer prompts "Do you want to install this application? It does not require any special access." I tap Install and I'm immediately met with "App not installed." and must press Done to exit the screen.

I've tried other .apk's, a myriad of different Advanced decompile and recompile options to no avail. I'm always met with the same warning even if I regenerate the key. If I manually run apktool decompile/recompile commands, I can get the "unmodified but recompiled" apk to install fully but it crashes on startup.

I'm running the latest Windows 10 w/ updates, jdk-12.0.2, and Tickle my Android 16.0.0.3.

PS: I love your script Ticklefish. It reminds me of my BBS and scripting days
The Following User Says Thank You to n0c7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift n0c7 Ad-Free
9th September 2019, 04:52 PM |#7828  
Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0c7

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to learn how to decompile and recompile apps using Ticklefish's Tickle My Android. For a basic test and learning purposes, I simply have taken an original .apk, ran it through decompile with Standard options, and simply recompiled with Standard options without modifying ANYTHING myself. When I attempt to install the app on a Samsung Galaxy S9+(running 9 Pie) the installer prompts "Do you want to install this application? It does not require any special access." I tap Install and I'm immediately met with "App not installed." and must press Done to exit the screen.

I've tried other .apk's, a myriad of different Advanced decompile and recompile options to no avail. I'm always met with the same warning even if I regenerate the key. If I manually run apktool decompile/recompile commands, I can get the "unmodified but recompiled" apk to install fully but it crashes on startup.

I'm running the latest Windows 10 w/ updates, jdk-12.0.2, and Tickle my Android 16.0.0.3.

I'm not familiar necessarily with Samsung anymore but you are probably going to have to install it via a magisk module.

You may be able to copy it to system but what you have to do is use the original apk as the one used to copy to your system. Unzip both the original and the recompiled apk. Copy the modded portion from the recompiled apk to the original. Zip the original one back up and install it. Since you didn't actually change anything, just pick anything.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tulsadiver For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tulsadiver Ad-Free
9th September 2019, 05:12 PM |#7829  
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0c7

Hi everyone,

So when you say you're using an "original" APK, I assume that this is one that you've made yourself? In that case I do have to ask the obvious question..does the APK install before you try decompiling it? (I mean no insult by that, it's just one of those questions I have to ask.)

I made an app a few years ago that was a basic 'Hello World' thing, following directions on Google's developers website. It was incredibly simple but I could de/recompile it without any trouble installing it.

In your situation, I can think of two likely solutions. First, is your APK signed using the V2 method (https://source.android.com/security/apksigning/v2)? If so, decompiling and recompiling it will break that key.
Failing that, did you install any framework files before you decompiled? It's possible your recompiled file is missing essential resources.

PS: Thank you! That's kind of you to say. I was looking at becoming a software engineer before my career took a massive change. I've forgotten pretty much every bit of C++ I learned but I like to think I can still design a good program..
The Following User Says Thank You to Ticklefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ticklefish Ad-Free
9th September 2019, 05:14 PM |#7830  
Quote:

I'm not familiar necessarily with Samsung anymore but you are probably going to have to install it via a magisk module.

You may be able to copy it to system but what you have to do is use the original apk as the one used to copy to your system. Unzip both the original and the recompiled apk. Copy the modded portion from the recompiled apk to the original. Zip the original one back up and install it. Since you didn't actually change anything, just pick anything.

Damn...you're faster at replying than I am!

Dragging and dropping from one ZIP to another shouldn't be needed now. This is to keep the META-INF folder untouched and keep some of the other files at the same compression ratio - all of which V16 can do.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ticklefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ticklefish Ad-Free
9th September 2019, 05:36 PM |#7831  
Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklefish

Damn...you're faster at replying than I am!

Dragging and dropping from one ZIP to another shouldn't be needed now. This is to keep the META-INF folder untouched and keep some of the other files at the same compression ratio - all of which V16 can do.

You da Man, Ticklefish!

I'm old, and old fashion, not necessarily in that order😄. I habitually do some things, unnecessarily, manually, lol!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tulsadiver For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tulsadiver Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
apktool, decompile, recompile, smali, xml

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)