[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][harpia][9] LineageOS 16.0

Search This thread

carlostopoxda

May 6, 2018
=== WORK AROUND ===
It seems a cold restart fixes it (properly power it off and power it up). It seems the problem will present on first setup and boot.

=== DESCRIPTION ===
Same problem, any screen off event (phone answering, timeout or screen lock button) will trigger an automatic restart.
lineage-16.0-20190116-UNOFFICIAL-harpia.zip with open_gapps-arm-9.0-mini-20190323.zip
It happens either with or without an Screen Lock (None, Swipe, Pattern)
Device: XT1601/tefmx (Movistar Mexico)
On restart no settings changes will be saved.

I have the problem to turn off the phone I must remove the battery to turn it on again. Does not respond to the keyboard or to start fastboot or recovery is there any solution?

Skeeterdrums

Oct 30, 2012
Columbus
Don't worry, I'll provide a new build ASAP, it's just that I'm quite busy with some school projects.

No worries, just noticed the link on the OP was dead, and I didn't think to check the lineage site for a link. I'll check over there to see what they have and post an update if I find something.

Update: no link on the LineageOS downloads page. Bummer.

Last edited:

reikaze

May 2, 2011
I have the problem to turn off the phone I must remove the battery to turn it on again. Does not respond to the keyboard or to start fastboot or recovery is there any solution?

Try to break the reboot loop by removing the battery and entering directly into fastboot/recovery from there and there swipe and reinstall.
And don't format to internal storage the SD Card, that's the last thing that triggered the reboot loop on mine.

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

I'm trying to build from source but on first sync a repository will fail to download with a

Code:
git-lfs filter-process --skip: 1: git-lfs filter-process --skip: git-lfs: not found
fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly

and then fail to check out arm-linux-gnueabi-9.0

Code:
Shared project LineageOS/android_hardware_qcom_wlan found, disabling pruning.
Shared project LineageOS/android_hardware_qcom_wlan found, disabling pruning.
Shared project LineageOS/android_hardware_ril found, disabling pruning.
Shared project LineageOS/android_hardware_ril found, disabling pruning.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/media/DriveExt4/los/.repo/repo/main.py", line 547, in <module>
    _Main(sys.argv[1:])
  File "/media/DriveExt4/los/.repo/repo/main.py", line 522, in _Main
    result = repo._Run(argv) or 0
  File "/media/DriveExt4/los/.repo/repo/main.py", line 184, in _Run
    result = cmd.Execute(copts, cargs)
  File "/media/DriveExt4/los/.repo/repo/subcmds/sync.py", line 855, in Execute
    project.Sync_LocalHalf(syncbuf, force_sync=opt.force_sync)
  File "/media/DriveExt4/los/.repo/repo/project.py", line 1380, in Sync_LocalHalf
    self._InitWorkTree(force_sync=force_sync, submodules=submodules)
  File "/media/DriveExt4/los/.repo/repo/project.py", line 2594, in _InitWorkTree
    raise GitError("cannot initialize work tree for " + self.name)
error.GitError: cannot initialize work tree for Harpia-development/android_prebuilts_gcc_linux-x86_arm_arm-linux-gnueabi-9.0

The work tree won't get initialized on subsequent sync's

After redownloading harpia.xml manifest, removing the work tree, the git repo and it's objects

Code:
$ rm -rf .repo/project-objects/Harpia-development/android_prebuilts_gcc_linux-x86_arm_arm-linux-gnueabi-9.0.git
$ rm -rf .repo/projects/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-gnueabi-9.0.git
$ rm -rf prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-gnueabi-9.0

(It seems I shouldn't delete android_prebuilts_gcc_linux-x86_arm_arm-linux-gnueabi-9.0.git since it doesn't seems to get redownloaded, I'll try it with a clean repo with the same method but without deleting that project)

and trying again to sync with trace, the hung up won't appear but it will fail to check out again saying it doesn't have a remote refs/heads/master

Code:
: cd /media/DriveExt4/los/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.9
: git rev-list ^342dbd42e1f714fda199d8eb6e1b063bff0523fe HEAD -- 1>| 2>|
: git checkout -q 342dbd42e1f714fda199d8eb6e1b063bff0523fe -- 1>| 2>|

: export GIT_DIR=/media/DriveExt4/los/.repo/projects/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.9.git
: git rev-list refs/tags/android-9.0.0_r44 -1 1>| 2>|
: git config --file /media/DriveExt4/los/.repo/projects/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-gnueabi-9.0.git/config --null --list 1>| 2>|
  File "/media/DriveExt4/los/.repo/repo/project.py", line 2588, in _InitWorkTree
    _lwrite(os.path.join(dotgit, HEAD), '%s\n' % self.GetRevisionId())
  File "/media/DriveExt4/los/.repo/repo/project.py", line 1365, in GetRevisionId
    rev = rem.ToLocal(self.revisionExpr)
  File "/media/DriveExt4/los/.repo/repo/git_config.py", line 700, in ToLocal
    raise GitError('remote %s does not have %s' % (self.name, rev))
error.GitError: remote github does not have refs/heads/master

I tried several times, with and without redownloading harpia.xml and on a different filesystem and it happens the same. It fails to sync with arm-linux-gnueabi-9.0 and nuking the local copy, work tree and objects will allow it download but fail saying refs/heads/master are missing on the remote repository.

I guess it's something about the repository on harpia.xml

Code:
<project name="Harpia-development/android_prebuilts_gcc_linux-x86_arm_arm-linux-gnueabi-9.0" path="prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-gnueabi-9.0" remote="github" revision="master" />

I read that this might happen somethings if some file has windows line breaks (\r\n) and converting to unix work, but I don't know which file

reikaze

May 2, 2011
Confirmed that it's the same error even if I don't delete .repo/project-objects/Harpia-development/android_prebuilts_gcc_linux-x86_arm_arm-linux-gnueabi-9.0.git

This comes from a fresh clone, after the first error.GitError: cannot initialize work tree for Harpia-development/android_prebuilts_gcc_linux-x86_arm_arm-linux-gnueabi-9.0

Code:
: cd /media/DriveExt4/los/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.9
: git rev-list ^342dbd42e1f714fda199d8eb6e1b063bff0523fe HEAD -- 1>| 2>|
: git checkout -q 342dbd42e1f714fda199d8eb6e1b063bff0523fe -- 1>| 2>|

: export GIT_DIR=/media/DriveExt4/los/.repo/projects/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.9.git
: git rev-list refs/tags/android-9.0.0_r44 -1 1>| 2>|
: git config --file /media/DriveExt4/los/.repo/projects/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-gnueabi-9.0.git/config --null --list 1>| 2>|
  File "/media/DriveExt4/los/.repo/repo/project.py", line 2588, in _InitWorkTree
    _lwrite(os.path.join(dotgit, HEAD), '%s\n' % self.GetRevisionId())
  File "/media/DriveExt4/los/.repo/repo/project.py", line 1365, in GetRevisionId
    rev = rem.ToLocal(self.revisionExpr)
  File "/media/DriveExt4/los/.repo/repo/git_config.py", line 700, in ToLocal
    raise GitError('remote %s does not have %s' % (self.name, rev))
error.GitError: remote github does not have refs/heads/master

May 23, 2018
I'm trying to build from source but on first sync a repository will fail to download [...]

I tried to reproduce your steps and I do NOT have this problem. I am on 64-bit Ubuntu 18.04. Here is what I do.

1) repo init -u https://github.com/LineageOS/android.git -b lineage-16.0
2) repo sync
3) make directory local_manifests in .repo
4) cd there, open your browser, point it to https://github.com/Harpia-development/los_harpia/blob/master/harpia.xml
5) cat > harpia-addon.xml, copy .xml file from browser, paste into terminal window, ^D
6) repo sync
7) this time, it will complaint that you must use --force-sync, so...
8) repo sync --force-sync (do not specify which particular repo, just do this command)
9) go back to the root of your source tree and build as usual (source build/envsetup.sh, breakfast harpia, mka bacon)

I did have problems with git-lfs, if you run into them, I will let you know how I solved it. You will see it if/when it complaints (during the actual build process) about running "cc1" saying something along the lines of "bad executable format".

/alex

reikaze

May 2, 2011
I tried to reproduce your steps and I do NOT have this problem. I am on 64-bit Ubuntu 18.04. Here is what I do.

2) repo sync
4) cd there, open your browser, point it to https://github.com/Harpia-development/los_harpia/blob/master/harpia.xml
5) cat > harpia-addon.xml, copy .xml file from browser, paste into terminal window, ^D
6) repo sync
8) repo sync --force-sync (do not specify which particular repo, just do this command)
9) go back to the root of your source tree and build as usual (source build/envsetup.sh, breakfast harpia, mka bacon)

I did have problems with git-lfs, if you run into them, I will let you know how I solved it. You will see it if/when it complaints (during the actual build process) about running "cc1" saying something along the lines of "bad executable format".

/alex

(Mint Tessa 19.1)
I'll try your steps thanks, I was just going with the project github readme manual and scripted procedure.
With those instructions I do get an error with git-lfs, "unexpected hung up" (it seems that with the README instructions it will fail to download that repo) but on repo sync. On the next repo sync this error disappears but the others appears.

reikaze

May 2, 2011
No idea what the problem is. Even with @largeBrazilNut instructions it keeps failing with
Code:
error.GitError: cannot initialize work tree for Harpia-development/android_prebuilts_gcc_linux-x86_arm_arm-linux-gnueabi-9.0

BouncingState

May 18, 2018
Nuuk
Thanks for your interest, it's not being actively maintained, but it's not discontinued. It'll be back ASAP! :)

First of all, thanks dear facuarmo :) We are waiting your return :D

One dumb question jaja :( ... The other Pie ROMs depends exclusively of your latest LineageOS ROM (changes / updates) ??? I mean, for example, ViperOS or AOSPExt has the latest commit of your stuff or they are independent of this ROM (and they use other Lineage repository) ???

Aquib sayyed

Dec 15, 2017
First of all, thanks dear facuarmo :) We are waiting your return :D

One dumb question jaja :( ... The other Pie ROMs depends exclusively of your latest LineageOS ROM (changes / updates) ??? I mean, for example, ViperOS or AOSPExt has the latest commit of your stuff or they are independent of this ROM (and they use other Lineage repository) ???
They are independent of LineageOS, they are just based on it.

Reactions: BouncingState

EtoileLabrie

Aug 29, 2016
I just saw that the lead dev here @facuarmo and have moved to telegram for development (even some test AOSP-10 is available). Is it only old dinosaurs like me still live in http(s)-based-internet.
(Again I am not criticizing - every dev is free/open to do whatever they want to do)
Of course, I find ROM devs want openness (i.e) reason to build Android in open way. But that moves to 'closed platforms' is very sad.

Good luck and also thanks for staying so long still in http(s) world!

https://t.me/s/romdelivery

Last edited:

facuarmo

Apr 13, 2014
Pilar
I just saw that the lead dev here @facuarmo and have moved to telegram for development (even some test AOSP-10 is available). Is it only old dinosaurs like me still live in http(s)-based-internet.
(Again I am not criticizing - every dev is free/open to do whatever they want to do)
Of course, I find ROM devs want openness (i.e) reason to build Android in open way. But that moves to 'closed platforms' is very sad.

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

Hello, I understand that you don't want to use Telegram, but I gotta correct you cause the Telegram client is 100% FOSS, there's even a version that doesn't depend on Google's emojis library. That said, I didn't exactly move to Telegram, but instead I just put a huge slowdown on XDA threads and posts just because the inability of automation (which I understand, cause in a forum it'd probably expose a couple of security issues), what I do at t.me/romdelivery is to use t.me/romdeliverybot to push the builds instantly and without having to type and check the format of the message each time I release something, trust me, it's a quite time-consuming task when you're testing builds in a hourly basis. So, basically, the plan was to post builds without any known bug here, of which I didn't took the time to do.

Finally, I gotta say that it's not entirely right to just use Telegram, so I'll eventually manage to have the time to post in here. Meanwhile, COSP builds have been going pretty well and even though not on XDA, the latest one is still available on the official website: https://cosp-project.org.

Cheers!

EtoileLabrie

Aug 29, 2016
Confirmed that it's the same error even if I don't delete .repo/project-objects/Harpia-development/android_prebuilts_gcc_linux-x86_arm_arm-linux-gnueabi-9.0.git

2) repo sync
6) repo sync

/alex

After lots of tries I found the answer. The cc1 binary [1] from https://github.com/Harpia-development/android_prebuilts_gcc_linux-x86_arm_arm-linux-gnueabi-9.0 is stored in so-called git-lfs

[1. https://github.com/Harpia-developme...aster/libexec/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabi/9.0.0/cc1 ]

git clone (or repo sync) does not download it.

Just download the entire ZIP of the repo. Unzip the complete repo inside prebuilts...whatever. All compiles OK.

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

Hello, I understand that you don't want to use Telegram, but I gotta correct you cause the Telegram client is 100% FOSS, there's even a version that doesn't depend on Google's emojis library. That said, I

Thanks for quick reply! Agreed. Client is OSS - but for dinosaurs like me - not sure if these channels can be easily accessible without logging in.

didn't exactly move to Telegram, but instead I just put a huge slowdown on XDA threads and posts just because the inability of automation (which I understand, cause in a forum it'd probably expose a couple of security issues), what I do at t.me/romdelivery is to use t.me/romdeliverybot to push the builds instantly and without having
Agreed. Automation is king(queen)...
:)
Please remember your work is very much appreciated. Have a nice weekend!

Reactions: reikaze

facuarmo

Apr 13, 2014
Pilar

2) repo sync
6) repo sync

/alex

Sorry for not providing proper instructions about this topic, as I thought it was fixed already. The thing is that repo seems to be pretty buggy with repos using Git LFS, to get around this issue, just change to the path and fetch the missing objects.

Code:
cd prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-gnueabi-9.0
git lfs pull
cd -

Then, try building back again and GCC 9 should work properly.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Boot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Boot to recovery again
    • Flash gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    • Builds :
      • Expect builds to be published per-post.
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Thanks @Luk1337 for this thread template.

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineagOS 16.0 for Moto G4 Play, ROM for the Moto G4 Play

Contributors
    facuarmo, @ki, Razhor, Squid2, SubhrajyotiSen, AOSP, LineageOS community and all the testers involved.
    Source Code: https://github.com/Harpia-development/los_harpia

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie

Version Information

Created 2018-10-13
    Last Updated 2018-10-13
    Build from November 8th, 2018

Download: lineage-16.0-20181107-UNOFFICIAL-harpia.zip

MD5:
    Code:
    da213808e3a0dfff5600833d37817e43

SHA256:
    Code:
    d90e911a48ad54594989e28ab624184436b9071df3aac311d2b4b2754920ceed

Release notes:

• Updated init process.
    • Replaced the whole way in that we handle denials for vendor modules, both private and public allow rules have been put together to make them easier to maintain.
    • Removed obsolete and unnecessary flags.
    • Brought back old kernel page shrink API as it wasn't compatible with our version of kgsl (causing GPU lags and crashes during first boot).
    • Fixed PowerHAL SELinux denials which caused zygote to crash whenever you plugged an USB cable (not seen by users, happened during test builds).
    • Reverted all patches related to power saving as they didn't play well with this device.
    • Added and fixed FM Radio support.
    • Ported some configs and properties from cedric.
    • General performance improvements (thread selection for dexpreopt).
    • Decrease GPS logging.
    • Enable smart battery (experimental).
    • Use lzma to build recovery imge.
    • Disable vulkan.
    • Setup zram during init: use lz4 algorithm, decrease disk size to 256 MB instead of 512 MB, use 4 compression threads.
    • General performance improvements for text fields and window renders.
    • Increased media volume and voice call steps to 60 and 7, respectively.
    • Fixed HALs issues with FM Radio.
    • Disabled OEM unlock toggle.
    • Shorten shutdown time.
    • Enable sustained performance mode.
    • Increase media and voice call volume steps to 60 and 7 respectively.
    • Compiled SnapDragon Camera.
    • Improve performance and stability on: EXT4, sdcardfs, timing, networking: tcp/diag, encryption, scheduling, ALSA, ksm, generic atomic reads for arm.
    • Pass new clocks for both CPU and GPU: 1.36 GHz and 465 MHz, respectively.
    • Fixed kernel issues.
    • Improved display default colour set (KCAL).
    • Improved responsiveness.
    • Force enter deep sleep.
    • Fixed CPU hotplugging.
    • Fixed input lag.
    • Fixed several UI crashes.
    • Fixed UI overlay errors.
    • Fixed all kernel bugs related to sdcardfs permissions (causing random kernel panics/reboots).
    • Added UKSM!
    Does anyone have a working link for downloading this?

Don't worry, I'll provide a new build ASAP, it's just that I'm quite busy with some school projects.
    That's good to hear, Do you have any plans to support the harpia whenever lineage on Q drops?

For sure, I still didn't take a look at the new source, if it only supports x64 builds, there's gonna be a lot of work, but I'll do my best! :cowboy:
    Build from October 13th, 2018

Download: lineage-16.0-20181013-UNOFFICIAL-harpia.zip

MD5:
    Code:
    483fc73a9d871e8284d84d21e0559535

SHA256:
    Code:
    cb55307e4155babf63344649ca85dcc1c0ccb2cd1514abbfe57503ef38a6f415

Release notes: Rolled back to Pixys common tree, please test. You should be able to flash this build on top of the previously working one without any issues.