FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Did you find this thread useful?

Yes, it was very helpful to me.

1,604 Vote(s)
64.03%
No, I didn't feel it helped me.

415 Vote(s)
16.57%
I don't know.

486 Vote(s)
19.40%

[HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly.

4,429 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,927

Post Reply Email Thread
9th September 2019, 06:01 PM |#43881  
Thanks Meter: 59

More

9th September 2019, 06:21 PM |#43882  
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwhiteboy01

Okay so I have two tablets same model. Both are rooted and both have twrp. One has a really bad cracked screen. On this one, I have a custom rom installed that the download links are dead. Is there any way to extract the custom rom for a clean install on the other tablet? I can do a twrp backup on the cracked screen one via twrp, but I was hoping to do a clean install of the ROM on the other tablet. So I'm not really looking to restore the other tablets info on the newer one. Any help or answer would be appreciated.

Boot into TWRP on the device with the ROM, use TWRP to create a nandroid backup of the ROM then transfer the backup to the other device and use TWRP to restore the backup on that device.

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssssss8622

Use migrate/titanium backup(play store) and take a backup of the correct phone. Then take a TWRP backup on your cracked screen phone. Restore the backup on the other one. Then use the titanium/migrate backup on the correct device. Done. Data of your phone remains same. Just the ROM gets changed. 😁

You can't backup a ROM with Titanium Backup, you can only backup apps, settings and app data..
9th September 2019, 06:28 PM |#43883  
Thanks Meter: 59

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

Boot into TWRP on the device with the ROM, use TWRP to create a nandroid backup of the ROM then transfer the backup to the other device and use TWRP to restore the backup on that device.

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

You can't backup a ROM with Titanium Backup, you can only backup apps, settings and app data..

No . You got me wrong. He doesn't want the data to be copied. So I suggested him for a titanium backup and restore of the device whose rom is to be changed. So the data of the other phone is omitted and his old data remains. 😊
The Following User Says Thank You to Ssssss8622 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ssssss8622 Ad-Free
9th September 2019, 09:04 PM |#43884  
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 30

More
I feel so dumb now lol. Just do a factory reset and then backup the ROM and it will be ready for a fresh install on the other device basically. And I have titanium and the premium version. However, I didn't want to keep the data this time. Thanks so much, XDA is the best for help and info!
10th September 2019, 03:22 AM |#43885  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1,821

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwhiteboy01

Okay so I have two tablets same model. Both are rooted and both have twrp. One has a really bad cracked screen. On this one, I have a custom rom installed that the download links are dead. Is there any way to extract the custom rom for a clean install on the other tablet? I can do a twrp backup on the cracked screen one via twrp, but I was hoping to do a clean install of the ROM on the other tablet. So I'm not really looking to restore the other tablets info on the newer one. Any help or answer would be appreciated.

Everyone else has had a go...

Basically, no simple or truly clean way.

For practical options, create a TWRP backup of boot & system. Make sure the dest is running the same bootloader and modem (and recovery). Do a full wipe of the dest (system, data, cache, dalvik). Restore the previous backup from the source onto the dest. You may need to "play" with the folder structure of the backup, to make it visible on the destination phone.
10th September 2019, 09:07 PM |#43886  
Thanks Meter: 404

More
hello.can someone tell me if somehow is there any way to change facebook and instagram algorithm to both show me all my friends photos and posts?Both of them have became soo boring.Even I have hundrends of friends and followers,just very few stories and feeds are shown,even if 2 days have passed.They both show me same and same things.thanks.
10th September 2019, 10:19 PM |#43887  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Upstate New York
Thanks Meter: 6,493

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kos25k

hello.can someone tell me if somehow..........

For a flexible type of customizing regarding a Facebook app, your really out of luck when it comes to the Official Apps from Facebook.

With that stated...

You may want to try the handful of Facebook Wrapper Apps that has all types of customization options to choose from.

You'll have to try them out yourself. Though they come with a bunch of customization options, some may not have the customization your looking for and some does.

To find them, they use a variety of name flavors. You can locate some using the term "for Facebook" and others use a variation to its name with "Face" in the name as others just use "FB".

I use "Simple Pro for Facebook" myself. Some of what I like about it is the theming and even the Messenger feature is implemented within the app itself.

There's ones like "Fella for Facebook" and "Face Lite", "Frost for Facebook", etc... etc...

I hope that I had explained this okay via text...

Good Luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unless asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX1 Forum App on my Sanyo Juno device.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ibuprophen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ibuprophen Ad-Free
10th September 2019, 11:32 PM |#43888  

More
thank you veery much bro for your help bro!!!unfortunately,this happens also with some 3rd party apps I tryied,as maki,swipe pro etc.So the problem mostly appears in fb's algorithm.One guy told me that if I view a friend's profile and just click one like on some photo,then fb's algorithm will change and will appear to me his posts.idk maybe this happens because I pressed unfollow to many "boring" of them?instead of this,now I see only same and same friend's posts+hundreds of pages posts+pages our friend's follow.this is very weird though!
12th September 2019, 11:30 PM |#43889  

More
General questionoes anyone know, if someone is still working on Edxposed for new version?Or is abandoned? I use Edxposed on my Pie rom, but it has some problems. Thanks.
13th September 2019, 01:05 PM |#43890  
Thanks Meter: 2,061

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kos25k

General questionoes anyone know, if someone is still working on Edxposed for new version?Or is abandoned? I use Edxposed on my Pie rom, but it has some problems. Thanks.

There seems to be activity on the ed xposed github. Of course there's quite some challenges associated with Q.
Yesterday, 03:02 PM |#43891  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Hi. I used to frequent the Google Phone thread until a few days back, when I got an Android One phone. It has the app built in. So I don't visit the said thread. How can I leave it, so that I don't see it in my participated threads tab?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, beginner, confused, guidance, help needed, help thread, lost, newbie, noob, questions and answers

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)