FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][2.0+] MiXplorer v6.x Released (fully-featured file manager)

5,569 posts
Thanks Meter: 29,347

By HootanParsa, Recognized Developer on 17th May 2011, 03:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th September 2019, 10:33 AM |#30921  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1,867

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurkirat_Singh

One doesn't follow the rules as there are no universal rules. One makes them and then follow.

There are forum rules. https://forum.xda-developers.com/announcement.php?a=81 You do not make them up yourself.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DiamondJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiamondJohn Ad-Free
11th September 2019, 01:30 PM |#30922  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJohn

There are forum rules. https://forum.xda-developers.com/announcement.php?a=81 You do not make them up yourself.

I wasn't talking about forum rules. I was talking about steps to follow in order to achieve a specific goal.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gurkirat_Singh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Gurkirat_Singh Ad-Free
11th September 2019, 02:01 PM |#30923  
Senior Moderator - "Like Duh"
¤No Man's Land¤
Thanks Meter: 6,815

More
Posts edited.

I don't want to kill the complete chain of flow happening here, so i am requesting all of you to get back on topic and discuss what is relevant to the OP.

Thanks
SacredDeviL666.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SacredDeviL666 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SacredDeviL666 Ad-Free
11th September 2019, 02:12 PM |#30924  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:

I wasn't talking about forum rules. I was talking about steps to follow in order to achieve a specific goal.

The developer and owner of the thread here is very kind and gently. Some users, the more expert and knowledgeable users the more kind are they too. The rest is a group of people that seems to have mostly bad manners against new users that posting here. And unfortunately forum rules are valid only for others than the "groups" of "not kind" users. So if you want to have constructive conversation better posting when the developer or some others fair and knowledgeable user are active in thread, they will not delude you for sure.
The Following User Says Thank You to robertSchum For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift robertSchum Ad-Free
11th September 2019, 07:03 PM |#30925  
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 4,293

More
I regularly use TCP Server to move files to other Android phones on my home network. This problem I noticed on the Q Beta program, but I didn't report it earlier. Now that Android 10 is official here's the report.
I'm using 2 Pixel 2's in this scenario, one on Android 9.0 and one on Android 10.0. Both have latest MiXplorer XDA Labs version.
-TCP Server successfully starts on both devices.
-9.0 device can successfully send files over TCP to 10.0 device.
-10.0 device CAN'T send files to 9.0 device. Refreshing for available TCP servers on network comes up empty. Repeating the search for running TCP Server on network never finds the running TCP Server on the 9.0 device.
-A parallel test from a third device to send files to the 9.0 device worked, so the TCP Server successfully received files from other Android 8.1 and 9.0 devices.

Please let me know if logs would help.
The Following User Says Thank You to buffal0b1ll For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift buffal0b1ll Ad-Free
12th September 2019, 08:56 PM |#30926  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 8,127

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffal0b1ll

I regularly use TCP Server to move files to other Android phones on my home network. This problem I noticed on the Q Beta program, but I didn't report it earlier. Now that Android 10 is official here's the report.
I'm using 2 Pixel 2's in this scenario, one on Android 9.0 and one on Android 10.0. Both have latest MiXplorer XDA Labs version.
-10.0 device CAN'T send files to 9.0 device. Refreshing for available TCP servers on network comes up empty. Repeating the search for running TCP Server on network never finds the running TCP Server on the 9.0 device.
-A parallel test from a third device to send files to the 9.0 device worked, so the TCP Server successfully received files from other Android 8.1 and 9.0 devices.

The developer or users who have experienced the same thing (if anyone else has) might (or might not) be able to say if that is a known limitation or issue. That being said, logs rarely don't help.
The Following User Says Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
13th September 2019, 02:01 PM |#30927  
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 4,293

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffal0b1ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronTechmonkey

The developer or users who have experienced the same thing (if anyone else has) might (or might not) be able to say if that is a known limitation or issue. That being said, logs rarely don't help.

@HootanParsa here's a log
I'm no expert, but it looks to me like MiXplorer is going to need location permission to be able to send files over TCP in Android 10
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190913-090023.png
Views:	432
Size:	233.5 KB
ID:	4819009  
Attached Files
File Type: zip logs-2019-09-13-08-56-03.zip - [Click for QR Code] (63.1 KB, 0 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to buffal0b1ll For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift buffal0b1ll Ad-Free
13th September 2019, 05:21 PM |#30928  
Thanks Meter: 60

More
I don't know if it's been previously answered. But I experience very slow transfer speeds while copying/moving files from internal storage to ext. Sd and vice versa. Speeds start at ~200 mb/s but then slowly drops as low as 500 kB/s.

Tried the same on solid explorer, the transfer speed stays constant. Why is this happening and is there any solution to it?
13th September 2019, 06:36 PM |#30929  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,248

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lochNESSIE

I don't know if it's been previously answered. But I experience very slow transfer speeds while copying/moving files from internal storage to ext. Sd and vice versa. Speeds start at ~200 mb/s but then slowly drops as low as 500 kB/s.

Tried the same on solid explorer, the transfer speed stays constant. Why is this happening and is there any solution to it?

Instead of copying/moving from /sdcard try from /data/media/0
On the target side try using the /mnt/media_rw path rather than the /storage path
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jcmm11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jcmm11 Ad-Free
14th September 2019, 12:02 AM |#30930  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
I always liked the feature of batch selection in ES File Explorer, would like to see the same feature in Mixplorer as well. It's really helpful if you wanna batch select the files which are in order but don't wanna select all the files. The feature also helps reducing work time in such operations especially when the number of total files and files to select are quite high, selecting each of them individually would be tiresome. If it is already there, then please LMK. If it isn't, would be glad to see it in future updates @HootanParsa
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gurkirat_Singh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Gurkirat_Singh Ad-Free
14th September 2019, 12:25 AM |#30931  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1,867

More
Quote:

I always liked the feature of batch selection in ES File Explorer, would like to see the same feature in Mixplorer as well. It's really helpful if you wanna batch select the files which are in order but don't wanna select all the files. The feature also helps reducing work time in such operations especially when the number of total files and files to select are quite high, selecting each of them individually would be tiresome. If it is already there, then please LMK. If it isn't, would be glad to see it in future updates @HootanParsa

I dont know what batch select is in ES (generally when talking about another app, you would be better to explain it more detailed, its been a few years since used ES), however, MiX has a batch select of files that are order. If you long press the first file, then scroll down to the last file you want selected, and long press that file, that will select the files in the range, without selecting every file below it.

Is that what you are asking for?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DiamondJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiamondJohn Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chm, cloud, encfs, epub, mix

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)