Thanks Meter: 4,608

Post Reply Email Thread
10th September 2019, 04:31 PM |#13751  
Flag Jacksonville, FL
Thanks Meter: 11,445

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by githyanki

The last time I heard of this, someone had adblocker built into the ROM that was setting host file back to default.

Thanks, but I've been on the same rom, and never had this problem on previous builds

Sent from my LG-H910 using XDA Labs

10th September 2019, 04:36 PM |#13752  
Thanks Meter: 308

More
Hope you fix it

(09-09-18)
10th September 2019, 06:31 PM |#13753  
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 690

Donate to Me
More
Is it possible to have an option to replace the ad error text with a 1x1 transparent pixel like is done by pixelserv in some ad blocking programs? That would help clean up webpages in browsers which don't use ublock origin et al.
10th September 2019, 06:40 PM |#13754  
Flag Београд (Beograd/Belgrade/Griechisch Weißenburg/Alba Graeca; Alba Bulgarica)
Thanks Meter: 2,164

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by visceralpsyche

Is it possible to have an option to replace the ad error text with a 1x1 transparent pixel like is done by pixelserv in some ad blocking programs? That would help clean up webpages in browsers which don't use ublock origin et al.

No. AdAway is a dns based blocker. It blocks access to some sites, but does not manipulate the contents of the data received. (And doing so on encrypted contents would be possible with breaking security only, e.g. Man-in-the-Middle-Attac)

If you are using a Firefox based browser you may use uBlock-origin as addon for hiding the errors.
The Following User Says Thank You to guest4711 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift guest4711 Ad-Free
11th September 2019, 03:20 PM |#13755  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4,608

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by visceralpsyche

You could enable web-server from the app settings.
It will serve a blank page for all redirected requests but it does not work with HTTPS.
The main issue is to have a valid certificate for the server so it is quite limited because TLS is now deployed everywhere.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to PerfectSlayer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PerfectSlayer Ad-Free
12th September 2019, 05:42 AM |#13756  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Since my phone is updated to that EMUI 9.1 it is Huawei Honor View 10 on 9.1.0.329...
Its added that EROFS tehnology...
My host is on same place like before..
/system/etc/hosts
But AdAway cant work.. It says NOT ENOUGH SPACE ON PARTITION!
Can you update AdAway to support EROFS tehnology...
12th September 2019, 06:34 AM |#13757  
Flag Edmonton
Thanks Meter: 781

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMan_86

Since my phone is updated to that EMUI 9.1 it is Huawei Honor View 10 on 9.1.0.329...
Its added that EROFS tehnology...
My host is on same place like before..
/system/etc/hosts
But AdAway cant work.. It says NOT ENOUGH SPACE ON PARTITION!
Can you update AdAway to support EROFS tehnology...

Are you rooted with latest magisk and enabled the systemless host module?
The Following User Says Thank You to githyanki For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift githyanki Ad-Free
12th September 2019, 08:13 AM |#13758  

More
Quote:

Yeap man.. Always latest magisk.. Done that system less also.. But nothing.. After that EROFS system partition update.. Something changed.. Also my busybox have problems it can install automaticaly.. But can manually... EROFS change some rules in system partition... So AdAaway need to update with that...
12th September 2019, 08:58 AM |#13759  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,148

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMan_86

Yeap man.. Always latest magisk.. Done that system less also.. But nothing.. After that EROFS system partition update.. Something changed.. Also my busybox have problems it can install automaticaly.. But can manually... EROFS change some rules in system partition... So AdAaway need to update with that...

Double check that the system hosts module is enabled. It should be listed under Modules.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190912-035415_resize_76.jpg
Views:	560
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	4818524  
The Following User Says Thank You to jcmm11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jcmm11 Ad-Free
12th September 2019, 09:42 AM |#13760  

More
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmm11

Double check that the system hosts module is enabled. It should be listed under Modules.

THATS THE SOLUTION.. NOW IT WORKS...
Thanks man...
12th September 2019, 11:44 AM |#13761  
Wrocław
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi.
I can't find those settings for disable ads when mobile internet is on . Help ? I use OnePlus 6 no limitsrom on oxygen 9.0.8 os.
Any tips?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ad block, adaway, adblock, adblocker, source

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)