FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Was this thread helpful?

Yes, I am happy with the replies.

1,167 Vote(s)
59.15%
Yes, kind of.

465 Vote(s)
23.57%
No, needs improvement.

341 Vote(s)
17.28%

[Ask Any Question][Newbie Friendly]

13,239 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,634

By Droidriven, Senior Member on 29th April 2013, 12:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th September 2019, 01:56 PM |#29511  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Notification acess
My notification access for some of the apps keep disabling at random, I have rooted Honor 8x (EMUI 8.2.0, JSN-L21) and using Magisk 19.3 and Xposed Framework 90-beta3.
I mostly want to use Hide Notification app to remove system notifications, but it's disabling for my launcher also, who uses the access to show unread messages. I have disabled Battery optimization for these apps, but nothing is working.

11th September 2019, 02:38 PM |#29512  
Thanks Meter: 2,048

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatoXa

My notification access for some of the apps keep disabling at random, I have rooted Honor 8x (EMUI 8.2.0, JSN-L21) and using Magisk 19.3 and Xposed Framework 90-beta3.
I mostly want to use Hide Notification app to remove system notifications, but it's disabling for my launcher also, who uses the access to show unread messages. I have disabled Battery optimization for these apps, but nothing is working.

Disabling battery optimization may not be enough on Huawei devices. See Don't Kill My App - Huawei. Huawei is pretty aggressive about killing off background activity.
11th September 2019, 02:53 PM |#29513  

More
Do I have to install something or what? I can't find the settings normally.
11th September 2019, 03:32 PM |#29514  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatoXa

Do I have to install something or what? I can't find the settings normally.

No, these should be built in settings. Make sure you are looking under the section for your OS version. I can't help further as I don't have that device. The folks in the EMUI Tips & Tricks forum might be able to help more than I.
11th September 2019, 03:38 PM |#29515  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

No, these should be built-in settings. Make sure you are looking under the section for your OS version. I can't help further as I don't have that device. The folks in the EMUI Tips & Tricks forum might be able to help more than I.

I think I figure it out, at the site you linked, over there were referring to a process that kills apps in the background. I used Terminal Emulator to uninstall so I hope that will fix it and not reak anything else, anyways thank you.
12th September 2019, 07:41 PM |#29516  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I used ishit for sometime...
I forgot how to do this:

How to fully backup STOCK ROM phone via PC ?

LG #G3
13th September 2019, 02:32 AM |#29517  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bojan.1995

I used ishit for sometime...
I forgot how to do this:

How to fully backup phone via PC ?

Are you referring to using ADB? If so, this thread is pretty comprehensive on Fastboot and ADB.

You don't indicate what device, but they can be finicky about what version ADB/fastboot so if you have trouble, make sure it's new (or old) enough. For example, my old Nexus 6, wrong respond using the newer versions. I keep an older version on hand for it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
13th September 2019, 10:24 AM |#29518  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

Are you referring to using ADB? If so, this thread is pretty comprehensive on Fastboot and ADB.

You don't indicate what device, but they can be finicky about what version ADB/fastboot so if you have trouble, make sure it's new (or old) enough. For example, my old Nexus 6, wrong respond using the newer versions. I keep an older version on hand for it.

I am not trying to root my phone i want to backup my stock rom. wtf.
13th September 2019, 01:00 PM |#29519  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bojan.1995

I am not trying to root my phone i want to backup my stock rom. wtf.

Obviously you didn't read the link. ADB is used to access the the device and allows you to back up data and apps as well as the internal storage if you want.

Since you are stingy on details, you leave people to guess what's in your head.

The simplest solution is to enable Google's backup setting and (most) app data restores with apps from the play store as well as most stock ROM settings (on a clean install). Then there is plugging the device into a computer and copying user data storage (emulated SDcard) in a file explore on the PC.
The Following User Says Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
Yesterday, 03:37 AM |#29520  
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Ok. I'll write again. So.. I got a Samsung Galaxy J4 SM-400M and I want to root it. It's running Android pie and I enabled oem unlock and uab debug but it still says prenormal on rmm at download mode. So any help please? I originally wanted to downgrade to Oreo but I'd it's not possible I can live with pie. I just need root access for Dev reasons. Hope someone helps me.
Yesterday, 01:09 PM |#29521  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyuukenZenkou

Ok. I'll write again. So.. I got a Samsung Galaxy J4 SM-400M and I want to root it. It's running Android pie and I enabled oem unlock and uab debug but it still says prenormal on rmm at download mode. So any help please? I originally wanted to downgrade to Oreo but I'd it's not possible I can live with pie. I just need root access for Dev reasons. Hope someone helps me.

See if this guide helps.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, bricked phone, cwm roms and kernels, help thread, noob, noob friendly, question, rcs in action

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)