By ukanth, Recognized Developer on 26th October 2012, 05:41 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th September 2019, 06:50 AM |#5521  
Flag Kharkov
Thanks Meter: 136

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenneke

Still does not explain why Google Photos and Gboard were not showing. I just checked my second indentical phone with same setup, those two apps also not showing- was able to do same routine to fix.

I use AFWall+ v.2.9.9(Donate). It show Photos in menu (Gboard was removed).

Thus, this is your device problem))
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190910-084705.png
Views:	416
Size:	194.2 KB
ID:	4817555  

10th September 2019, 08:01 AM |#5522  
Thanks Meter: 398

Donate to Me
More
I am running AFWall+ along with its unlock tiny apk since that is the way I got the paid version of AFWall+ on an Android 9 (Pie) stock ROM, unlocked bootloader, rooted with magisk. Unfortunately, I've been running into some strange issues with APN and WiFi: WiFi says No Internet connection despite of the fact I can stream media and chat in instant messaging applications without a problem, of course it has the classic X icon that tells you it is not communicating with Google's servers as intended. Mobile data works on/off albeit I double checked APN values with my carrier. What could it be? I imported the rules from a Nougat set-up.

Edit: fixed by allowing 'Google'.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	x.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	4817565  
10th September 2019, 12:22 PM |#5523  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,148

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenneke

Still does not explain why Google Photos and Gboard were not showing. I just checked my second indentical phone with same setup, those two apps also not showing- was able to do same routine to fix.

Yeah, as mentioned by @amg314, that's something specific to your setup. Photos and Gboard both show up for me.
10th September 2019, 03:06 PM |#5524  
Flag BC
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmm11

Yeah, as mentioned by @amg314, that's something specific to your setup. Photos and Gboard both show up for me.

Yes they show for me now too - just sharing what was required to get them to show.
10th September 2019, 08:44 PM |#5525  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramihyn

This:

Code:
#!/system/bin/sh

IPTABLES=/system/bin/iptables
IP6TABLES=/system/bin/ip6tables

$IPTABLES -I afwall-wifi-tether -p udp -m owner --uid-owner 1052 -m udp --sport 67 --dport 68 -j RETURN
$IPTABLES -I afwall-wifi-tether -p udp -m owner --uid-owner 1052 -m udp --sport 53 -j RETURN
$IPTABLES -I afwall-wifi-tether -p tcp -m owner --uid-owner 1052 -m tcp --sport 53 -j RETURN

$IP6TABLES -I afwall-wifi-tether -p udp -m owner --uid-owner 1052 -m udp --sport 67 --dport 68 -j RETURN
$IP6TABLES -I afwall-wifi-tether -p udp -m owner --uid-owner 1052 -m udp --sport 53 -j RETURN
$IP6TABLES -I afwall-wifi-tether -p tcp -m owner --uid-owner 1052 -m tcp --sport 53 -j RETURN
Edit, further info: apparently the issue rises the very moment that one disables netd and allow internet access to root apps (to get control of the DNS requests). So the proper solution should be simple: as soon as netd is disabled, AFWall+ has to automatically apply these additional rules I quoted above.

1. how do I run/add the above script to Afwall?
2. when you say disable netd, what app/service are you refering too? And why would you want to blanket? allow root apps access to the net if they dosen't specifically need it..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottenwheel

Edit: fixed by allowing 'Google'.

Do you have the full app name and UID..?
11th September 2019, 04:00 AM |#5526  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
This Firewall does not protect from anything. Even if one doesn't allow any app to access the Internet, the smartphone is able to update the system!!! So Afwall+ gives no protection at all!
11th September 2019, 04:16 AM |#5527  
Thanks Meter: 401

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niccolò Paganini

This Firewall does not protect from anything. Even if one doesn't allow any app to access the Internet, the smartphone is able to update the system!!! So Afwall+ gives no protection at all!.

It's masking the fact that you may be missing a few setup steps in Afwall. You have obviously enabled direct access to system updates somewhere in your rules setup. Depending on the device, system updates are grouped with other apps, listed as group of apps, with one selectable box in AfWall.

Also you can easily frost, sleep, or freeze system updates or any other system app, in all sorts of apks in the play store (Titanium Backup) . Again depends on Your device. Why not ask for help post a log, at least post your device.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amd4life For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Amd4life Ad-Free
11th September 2019, 10:12 AM |#5528  
Senior Moderator
¤No Man's Land¤
Thanks Meter: 6,354

More
Posts edited.

Keep the discussion on topic and relevant to OP.

Thanks
SacredDeviL666.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SacredDeviL666 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SacredDeviL666 Ad-Free
11th September 2019, 05:17 PM |#5529  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amd4life

It's masking the fact that you may be missing a few setup steps in Afwall. You have obviously enabled direct access to system updates somewhere in your rules setup. Depending on the device, system updates are grouped with other apps, listed as group of apps, with one selectable box in AfWall.

Also you can easily frost, sleep, or freeze system updates or any other system app, in all sorts of apks in the play store (Titanium Backup) . Again depends on Your device. Why not ask for help post a log, at least post your device.

Wrong. I am not missing any config steps. Even if I don't give Internet access to any app, System Update has Internet access and is able to do the updates. This is a major security breach and speaks volumes about this app... Don't be foolished by scam apps.
11th September 2019, 08:43 PM |#5530  
Thanks Meter: 63

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niccolò Paganini

Wrong. I am not missing any config steps. Even if I don't give Internet access to any app, System Update has Internet access and is able to do the updates. This is a major security breach and speaks volumes about this app... Don't be foolished by scam apps.

Something is definitely wrong on your end.
I have no problem blocking system updates.
Maybe you're using blacklist mode by mistake so apps that are not selected get internet access?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_20190911-223933_AFWall+.png
Views:	146
Size:	4.4 KB
ID:	4818344   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190911_223848.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	4818345  
14th September 2019, 07:34 AM |#5531  
Forum Moderator
Flag St.Petersburg
Thanks Meter: 600

More
Thread Cleaned
BE NICE TO EACH OTHER THERE IS 0 REASON NOT TO.
I will be monitoring this thread next time we see flaming of the Devs or other users you will earn your self some time off of XDA.
This is the second time we have been in here.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Logix For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Logix Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
block internet, droidwall, firewall, iptables, security

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)