Was this thread helpful?

• Total voters
Search This thread

trolles

Sep 8, 2019
For the second method using TWRP just create a folder called netflix in system/app or system/priv-app and put the apk inside giving first the same name as folder, give permissions 755 to the folder and 644 to the apk, clear dalvik/cache and reboot.

Thanks!

Just one clarification, not sure how to proceed as Netflix is now not a apk but a Split APK with several files in the zip. Also, there are several folders inside the zip like system\priv-app which I dont have in my phone, should I create them?. Sorry for the doubts but I have no clue..

ktmom

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 22, 2015
Deep Space Station K7
Thanks!

Just one clarification, not sure how to proceed as Netflix is now not a apk but a Split APK with several files in the zip. Also, there are several folders inside the zip like system\priv-app which I dont have in my phone, should I create them?. Sorry for the doubts but I have no clue..

Another possible direction, just because I want to confuse you [emoji6]

There are Magisk modules that systemize apps such as [MODULE] App Systemizer for Magisk

Last edited:
Reactions: trolles

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Thanks!

Currently you can use two methods:

- Directly pushing the files on /system/priv-app directory and giving right permissions to work (I did this method just to prove that it works), create a folder and name it netflix and the base.apk file inside also rename it netflix, then give the permissions 755 to the folder/s and 644 for apks and rest of files. You could do it through TWRP or through some root file explorer.
- The second method is; install this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aefyr.sai and then similarly follow same steps than the previous; create a folder named netflix, change the name on base.apk to netflix and push this apk and lib folder inside, for the rest of files (apks) you can multi-select with the app downloaded and install them as sparse apks.
Screenshot_2019-09-09-17-33-36-585_com.aefyr.sai.png

Edit: if you choose the second method exclude (untick) netflix apk to be installed through the bundle installer so from now is a system app.

Last edited:
Reactions: trolles

Ssssss8622

Aug 9, 2018
POCO M2 Pro
Thanks for your help, unfortunately I can't manage to make it work.

I copied the file Netflix2Priv_v7.23.0-TWRP.zip to a directory called Netflix. I copied this directory to data/apps using TWRP. Then I installed the zip package and rebooted. I can't see Netflix anywhere.

Am I missing something?
Oh seems a little misunderstanding. I meant an apk file to be placed inside the Netflix folder. Get the apk file from any third party store(search Google). Then do the same with the apk

Edit - Oh sorry, didn't notice that your problem is solved. Congrats?

Last edited:

trolles

Sep 8, 2019
Currently you can use two methods:

- Directly pushing the files on /system/priv-app directory and giving right permissions to work (I did this method just to prove that it works), create a folder and name it netflix and the base.apk file inside also rename it netflix, then give the permissions 755 to the folder/s and 644 for apks and rest of files. You could do it through TWRP or through some root file explorer.
- The second method is; install this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aefyr.sai and then similarly follow same steps than the previous; create a folder named netflix, change the name on base.apk to netflix and push this apk and lib folder inside, for the rest of files (apks) you can multi-select with the app downloaded and install them as sparse apks.
View attachment 4817451

Edit: if you choose the second method exclude (untick) netflix apk to be installed through the bundle installer so from now is a system app.

Thank you, I will try either later today.

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Hey, I'm looking to open file location from android file manager in a terminal, same as right click in Linux and selecting 'open terminal here' or 'open in terminal'. Is there a way of doing this in a root shell with terminal emulator that I haven't heard of or is it not possible?
I personally use MiX as my file explorer of choice by @HootanParsa

I know you can execute shell statements from a path you are currently viewing

Dev Thread:
https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1523691

Maybe ask on the FAQ if you absolutely need to open a terminal window. But that sounds like something that would need a shared understanding from both the explorer and the terminal app.
FAQ
https://xdaforums.com/general/help/mixplorer-faq-how-to-user-manual-t3308582

WatoXa

Jun 12, 2019
Notification acess

My notification access for some of the apps keep disabling at random, I have rooted Honor 8x (EMUI 8.2.0, JSN-L21) and using Magisk 19.3 and Xposed Framework 90-beta3.
I mostly want to use Hide Notification app to remove system notifications, but it's disabling for my launcher also, who uses the access to show unread messages. I have disabled Battery optimization for these apps, but nothing is working.

ktmom

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 22, 2015
Deep Space Station K7
My notification access for some of the apps keep disabling at random, I have rooted Honor 8x (EMUI 8.2.0, JSN-L21) and using Magisk 19.3 and Xposed Framework 90-beta3.
I mostly want to use Hide Notification app to remove system notifications, but it's disabling for my launcher also, who uses the access to show unread messages. I have disabled Battery optimization for these apps, but nothing is working.

Disabling battery optimization may not be enough on Huawei devices. See Don't Kill My App - Huawei. Huawei is pretty aggressive about killing off background activity.

WatoXa

Jun 12, 2019
No, these should be built-in settings. Make sure you are looking under the section for your OS version. I can't help further as I don't have that device. The folks in the EMUI Tips & Tricks forum might be able to help more than I.

I think I figure it out, at the site you linked, over there were referring to a process that kills apps in the background. I used Terminal Emulator to uninstall so I hope that will fix it and not reak anything else, anyways thank you.

bojan.1995

Aug 31, 2013
I used i**** for sometime...
I forgot how to do this:

How to fully backup STOCK ROM phone via PC ?

LG #G3

Last edited:

ktmom

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 22, 2015
Deep Space Station K7
I used i**** for sometime...
I forgot how to do this:

How to fully backup phone via PC ?

Are you referring to using ADB? If so, this thread is pretty comprehensive on Fastboot and ADB.

You don't indicate what device, but they can be finicky about what version ADB/fastboot so if you have trouble, make sure it's new (or old) enough. For example, my old Nexus 6, wrong respond using the newer versions. I keep an older version on hand for it.

bojan.1995

Aug 31, 2013
Are you referring to using ADB? If so, this thread is pretty comprehensive on Fastboot and ADB.

You don't indicate what device, but they can be finicky about what version ADB/fastboot so if you have trouble, make sure it's new (or old) enough. For example, my old Nexus 6, wrong respond using the newer versions. I keep an older version on hand for it.

I am not trying to root my phone i want to backup my stock rom. wtf.

ktmom

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 22, 2015
Deep Space Station K7
I am not trying to root my phone i want to backup my stock rom. wtf.
Obviously you didn't read the link. ADB is used to access the the device and allows you to back up data and apps as well as the internal storage if you want.

Since you are stingy on details, you leave people to guess what's in your head.

The simplest solution is to enable Google's backup setting and (most) app data restores with apps from the play store as well as most stock ROM settings (on a clean install). Then there is plugging the device into a computer and copying user data storage (emulated SDcard) in a file explore on the PC.

Reactions: mrrocketdog

RyuukenZenkou

May 14, 2016
Santiago
Ok. I'll write again. So.. I got a Samsung Galaxy J4 SM-400M and I want to root it. It's running Android pie and I enabled oem unlock and uab debug but it still says prenormal on rmm at download mode. So any help please? I originally wanted to downgrade to Oreo but I'd it's not possible I can live with pie. I just need root access for Dev reasons. Hope someone helps me.:confused:

ktmom

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 22, 2015
Deep Space Station K7
Ok. I'll write again. So.. I got a Samsung Galaxy J4 SM-400M and I want to root it. It's running Android pie and I enabled oem unlock and uab debug but it still says prenormal on rmm at download mode. So any help please? I originally wanted to downgrade to Oreo but I'd it's not possible I can live with pie. I just need root access for Dev reasons. Hope someone helps me.:confused:

See if this guide helps.

Reactions: RyuukenZenkou

Smiss

Jan 9, 2013
Vienna
Hallo

Hello, I have Pixel Experience firmware, and when the charge reaches 15%, the LED starts flashing is there other ways to turn off the LED when reaches 15%? I tried the Led Blinker app from Playstore but this messed up my blinking leds!
I have Android 9 NFE Port for the Galaxy S7 Flat. (G930F) I hope some dev can help me or better to disguess this and delete the blinking low light light or better set it to 5% to blink? Sorry for my bad english
And really i tried all tricks. in my system ui called Oberfläche in german i can not thick the buttons they are greyed out. - Its allready off but i cant select it on or off

PLEASE GOD send me a flashable zip that deletes this anoying low battery led blinking!

Last edited:

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Is there any shell command that can be issued to force a download and install from google play?

I can get a list of all the unique ID's of apps I have installed from Google Play.
Code:
cmd package list packages -3;

However, to install all of the packages, I either have to have previously extracted all the APK's and run an install from adb, or I have to manually and painfully use the Play store UI. I often do a clean flash of ROMs, so I often need to reinstall a heap of apps from the play store.

I am hoping that there is some intent I could issue in the shell to automate an install from the playstore. Anyone?

---------- Post added at 17:12 ---------- Previous post was at 16:56 ----------

Not a solution, but possibly a starting point for further investigation.
Hello, I have Pixel Experience firmware, and when the charge reaches 15%, the LED starts flashing is there other ways to turn off the LED when reaches 15%? I tried the Led Blinker app from Playstore but this messed up my blinking leds!
I have Android 9 NFE Port for the Galaxy S7 Flat. (G930F) I hope some dev can help me or better to disguess this and delete the blinking low light light or better set it to 5% to blink? Sorry for my bad english
And really i tried all tricks. in my system ui called Oberfläche in german i can not thick the buttons they are greyed out. - Its allready off but i cant select it on or off
PLEASE GOD send me a flashable zip that deletes this anoying low battery led blinking!
Checking the LineageOS source, it appears to be a configurable setting; at least on LOS. See line 42 of https://github.com/LineageOS/androi.../batterytip/detectors/LowBatteryDetector.java
Code:
        [COLOR="DarkOrange"]mWarningLevel [/COLOR]= context.getResources().getInteger(
                com.android.internal.R.integer.[COLOR="DarkOrange"]config_lowBatteryWarningLevel[/COLOR]);

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You know Iran is under some sanctions,so i can pay you only in Iran Rial (IR)
    No access to global money transfer systems
    Its 2024. There's bitcoin and the dark-web to name a few. Payments COULD be made if your were truly willing. The fact you also posted on the "Your Google Play Store is blocked? Search/request your app here!" thread and even tagged/quoted the OP, who hasn't posted for years, makes it clear you are not looking to pay, so please dont pretend, the fact I explained how it could be done yourself above, and still you ask for someone else to solve YOUR problem for you., makes it clear you have no intention to pay for it or even do any attempted work to satisfy your needs. And then come back as the victim of your restrictive region. PS it could of been simply done by yourself without creating an APK.

And to be clear, your playstore is NOT blocked, you also wish for someone else to search and find an app for you, to again, satisfy your needs, for free, Don't play the victim, and so badly. Your post is technically OT on that thread. (loved to have seen what it was before it had to be edited by a moderator....)
    Hello I am searching for an independent app (not app shortcuts/widgets) that could toggle playback state, on it's launch -functionable on every stock media player or any third party apps.

It could be as simple as possible that even having not any UI ! (Like a shortcut I've already created via the app Power-Shortcut)

‏i searched app's stores with no luck, Does anyone know such an app or could develop one please?
    If your launcher can support it, it can be achieved with a one line script. Triggered by your launcher, and set a custom icon.

input keyevent 85;

Where 85=KEYCODE_MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE
    I'm using Redmi system launcher and not planning to use any 3rd party one .So could you please turn it into a simple apk?
    And how much are you paying me? :rolleyes:
    Hello guys..:)
    I would like you to go through XDA new users guide and you must read the FORUM RULES before posting here or anywhere else on xda.

The rate at which the new users are joining xda on daily basis is very high. A lot of users join because they have got some problems with their devices like bricked phone, bootloops etc. because of following incorrect processes. Some join to help out others, to share their knowledge and gain more.

So basically this thread is for all of those who want to ask questions and answer those.

So those who want to help here, just try to answer without flaming, let it be answered thousands of times earlier, show them the path, direction and let them do things on their own. Do not spoon feed, rather just try to point them to right direction.

This whole idea is of @undercover and the former OP Bruce Wayne and I thank him.

To The people asking questions here, don't forget to check for the links from 2nd post. That will help you increase your knowledge, and do answer the questions asked by others if you know the answer. Please don't simply say thanks if some member helps you, instead use the thanks button, that will help us keep this thread less cluttered.
    [Ask Any Question] [Help Thread] NOOB FRIENDLY

Here are the names of some of my friends helping you on the thread.(Updated often)
    @iamareebjamal
    @Zatta
    @dagger (the original OP of this thread)
    @Stryke_the_Orc
    @prototype-U
    @EatHeat
    @nlygamz
    @plegdroid
    @Gogeta
    @malybru
    @Jimlarck
    @ADDICT.ANK
    @Primokorn
    @luqman98
    @hnkotnis
    @thenookieforlife3
    @ИΘΘK¡€
    @Sam Nakamura
    @xunholyx

@SubwayChamp

@ktmom

@Ibuprophen

Please do let me know if I have missed some names..:)

For a list of guides,refer here.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2073370
    Thanks to @Hpsgill

Atlast

Please dont spam the thread..​
    Hi mate!
    Nice to see a much needed thread like this here.. hope new members as well as old ones find this thread useful! :thumbup:

"To err is human, to forgive is divine"
    Sent from my SGS II