FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][2.0+] MiXplorer v6.x Released (fully-featured file manager)

5,567 posts
Thanks Meter: 29,327

By HootanParsa, Recognized Developer on 17th May 2011, 03:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th September 2019, 11:57 AM |#30941  
日本
Thanks Meter: 4,144

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andiling

How do you know?

Magic. Like planes flying or hot food. Or the search button. Pure magic.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Ultramanoid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ultramanoid Ad-Free
14th September 2019, 01:23 PM |#30942  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hi, Ive been using mix explorer for some time now. But recently i stumbled upon a little bump through out my journey with mix. If anyone would be kind enough to guide me through the process of extracting .rar files would be really appreciated. I've installed mix archive and I checked out the main archive page which says I need 6.24.1 or something to use it. I can't find the APK anywhere will anyone guide me through this. Thankyou
14th September 2019, 01:41 PM |#30943  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,246

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxhoundalpha

Hi, Ive been using mix explorer for some time now. But recently i stumbled upon a little bump through out my journey with mix. If anyone would be kind enough to guide me through the process of extracting .rar files would be really appreciated. I've installed mix archive and I checked out the main archive page which says I need 6.24.1 or something to use it. I can't find the APK anywhere will anyone guide me through this. Thankyou

Not sure exactly what you're asking. I have mix archive and Mixplorer 6.39.2 B19071410 installed. Extracting rar files works the same way as extracting zip files.
14th September 2019, 01:47 PM |#30944  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Well I've been trying to extract rar the same I do with extracting zip, but yesterday night I've been trying to open the rar file and i got an error message saying invalid or wrong file. But then i tried extracting the file with my native file manager and it worked.
14th September 2019, 02:47 PM |#30945  
Thanks Meter: 83

More
Quote:

Well I've been trying to extract rar the same I do with extracting zip, but yesterday night I've been trying to open the rar file and i got an error message saying invalid or wrong file. But then i tried extracting the file with my native file manager and it worked.

What native file manager supports rar? I want to check it out.
14th September 2019, 02:54 PM |#30946  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 8,124

More
Quote:

That could be a problem with any of a number of things. More detail and a log would help: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...67&postcount=7.

Also, some testing to eliminate some possibilities might help (although it is usually best to get a log first in case the issue is easily diagnosed from there).:

- Can other RAR files be extracted from the same location.
- Can the same file be extracted from other locations (internal SD, external SD, root).
- If the file is small enough and non-private enough, share it for others to test.
14th September 2019, 03:04 PM |#30947  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronTechmonkey

[EDIT - in addition to what @DiamondJohn mentioned]

As is most likely explained in the FAQ (which is expected reading) and can be found by searching thread (also expected): Once you have selected any items a count of those items will appear in the upper left corner with a drop-down arrow which allows you to select additional items by various criteria such as between, alternate, inverse, etc. Note that the available options will be different depending on whether you have one or more files selected and which ones are selected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJohn

I dont know what batch select is in ES (generally when talking about another app, you would be better to explain it more detailed, its been a few years since used ES), however, MiX has a batch select of files that are order. If you long press the first file, then scroll down to the last file you want selected, and long press that file, that will select the files in the range, without selecting every file below it.

Is that what you are asking for?

Thanks guys, both of method works.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gurkirat_Singh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Gurkirat_Singh Ad-Free
14th September 2019, 03:28 PM |#30948  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Hi, my laptop uses “Backup and Sync from Google" to backup some files, they appear here as the first screenshot shows.
However I can't find them using MiXplorer, they are not in any folder shown in the second screenshot.
Could you tell me how to access these files?

14th September 2019, 04:05 PM |#30949  
Flag Roorkee
Thanks Meter: 12

Donate to Me
More
Bug Report with Mega.nz integration
Hi!

I just tried to login with my Mega account which has 2FA enabled in Mixplorer and it fails with "Username or Password is incorrect".

I am 100% sure the username/password I have entered are correct and I am inclined to believe this is happening because the app is not programmed to handle accounts which have 2FA enabled.

Please consider adding 2FA support as soon as possible or if it's something else, Please let me know so I can get going.

Thanks
14th September 2019, 06:32 PM |#30950  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Hello guys two queries -

1. It's regarding the app backups. As you may know that if you go to "apps" tab given under left hand side (where one selects the storage type i.e. internal, external etc), you get an option to 'backup' an app, not relative to 'copy' option, use to get the .apk only. And when you perform the backup and save it, it gets saved in the format of .mib which contains .apk of the app & other files/folders.

I wanted to know after you do this. Then later on, How can you restore the app? Cause I tried to find any option saying 'restore' or something similar under the app tab but didn't find any, same result under apk tab. So please tell what are the steps to restore the app with this .mib file.

Furthermore what sort of data does this .mib file contains? Does it save the app in it's current state or just a normal backup? Current state i.e. the app will start from where it was left whether it's an app, game etc.

2. I was having some issues in installing some apks through the root method in Mixplorer. So I created different logs for each one of them. So far what I've seen, The apps that didn't installed i.e. fortnite installer, gomplayer, youtube vanced, all shows the same error that 'file doesn't exist'. Which seems like the error could be related to a rom bug, but I'm not an expert. The one that did install i.e. fortnite, doesn't shows such error. I tried youtube vanced just as a bonus, trying to capture it's logs when it also doesn't installs through 'package installer' but as far as I can tell, mixplorer didn't recorded it, I mean makes sense as 'package installer' isn't part of mix.
Attached Files
File Type: txt fortnite installer.txt - [Click for QR Code] (2.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: txt fortnite.txt - [Click for QR Code] (4.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: txt gom player.txt - [Click for QR Code] (3.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: txt youtube vanced.txt - [Click for QR Code] (5.8 KB, 6 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Gurkirat_Singh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Gurkirat_Singh Ad-Free
15th September 2019, 01:54 AM |#30951  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1,867

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronTechmonkey

As is most likely explained in the FAQ (which is expected reading) and can be found by searching thread (also expected): Once you have selected any items a count of those items will appear in the upper left corner with a drop-down arrow which allows you to select additional items by various criteria such as between, alternate, inverse, etc. Note that the available options will be different depending on whether you have one or more files selected and which ones are selected.

Although this may be a little more appropriate for the greatly underused FAQ thread, instead of this dev thread Another way occurred to me which may work. If you use the search functionality, you could use a funky filter to list files, and then use the bulk select technique.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DiamondJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiamondJohn Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chm, cloud, encfs, epub, mix

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)