FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[2017.08.02] DSLR Controller v1.05

11,416 posts
Thanks Meter: 88,122

By Chainfire, Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 4th August 2011, 01:41 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th March 2019, 02:12 PM |#4081  
Flag Tirane
Thanks Meter: 9

Donate to Me
More
Hi the same thing with me
I have been working fine with it on my Moto G5 Plus (Oreo 8.1) and Canon 7D. Today I tried to connect with a Canon 5D Mark III and showed the same text. I tried it on a Samsung phone but it didn't work.
If you had found a solution please let me know too. I'm stuck here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storyteller78

Hi,
I just purchased DSLR controller.

I have a Canon 5D Mark ii DSLR camera and a Samsung Galaxy note 10.1.

I am using the original Canon USB lead with a Tech Gear OTG cable.

I have downloaded DSLR Controller, then connected camera, but this message keeps coming up:

‘Could not find a compatible camera on either wifi or USB. If you have a compatible camera connected, please make sure it is turned on. If it is already turned on, try waking it up by pressing the shutter button or turning it off and on again. Please make sure a memory card is present in the camera as well!’

From reading the DSLR Controller compatibility list my Canon 5D Mark ii and Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 are compatible with DSLR Controller.

Can you tell me what I need to do to make the program work?

Thank you.

Danny

2nd April 2019, 11:33 PM |#4082  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Bought the DSLR Controller and all the appropriate hardware. Still not working for me despite also having correct camera and android. What am I missing? It just keeps telling me it can’t find the device. So frustrated and confused.
6th May 2019, 09:55 PM |#4083  

More
Focus Bracketing
Hello, I am new with DSLR Controller (v1.06) and Redmi note 7, and I am having problems with the focus bracketing. It is not always working, sometimes it moves the focus but in some ocassions it doesn't. What it could be happening?
Thank you very much in advance
11th May 2019, 05:57 PM |#4084  

More
Canon M compatibility
I purchased DSLR Controller recently to remotely control my Canon M50 and to my surprise it works quite well.
There are glitches which can be ignored or avoided and certain, less important features do not work but despite the developer's claims of lack of support for EOS M cameras it does work pretty well.
Impatiently waiting for improved new version.
12th May 2019, 07:22 PM |#4085  

More
Tp link WR902AC v3 help
Hello, I have noticed that many people have tried flashes and a router tp link WR902AC v3 with the file dslrcontroller and it fails with this version. The creator of the app already seems to not service the program and would like to know if someone has a solution to install dslrcontroller on this router in version 3. It is a pity that this service is invalidated. Thank you and I hope that this question is very important for me.
17th May 2019, 08:57 PM |#4086  

More
I came here looking for the exact same solution - bought a WR902AC via Amazon, not knowing that only Version 1 hardware was supported (or even that there were different hardware versions). Chainfire should specify on the DIY page that current firmware only works w V1. Additionally, I'd suggest releasing any current source for the LEDE customizations so that someone else can figure out how to create firmware for more modern versions - this would only help DSLR sales further since alternate solutions like Case Air, CamRanger and Cam-Fi are much more expensive.
3rd June 2019, 10:35 AM |#4087  
Does anyone else get these popups when starting DSLR controller, that say something about "This app was developed for an older version of android and might not work properly anymore, contact the developer"?

Running on pie on a Tab S5e.
24th June 2019, 08:59 AM |#4088  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renziel

Bought the DSLR Controller and all the appropriate hardware. Still not working for me despite also having correct camera and android. What am I missing? It just keeps telling me it can’t find the device. So frustrated and confused.

I found that on my new phone ( oneplus 6t ) I have to turn off mobile data in order to get connected to the tp-link mr3040. On my older Oppo R7sf phone it worked with mobile data on.

So try turning off mobile data
18th September 2019, 01:34 AM |#4089  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
DSLR controller features
Introducing me.
I am a retired scientist and IT maintainer and I have been a professional photographer when I was young and starving. I have been a keen amateur photographer favoring landscapes for over half a century. I recently purchased a used Canon 6D body and have just installed DSLR Controller.

The meat of the matter.
DSLR controller definitely meets your claim of it being the best program of its type available and in typical scientist fashion, I can say that because I tried all of them that I could find reviews of. However, it could be better.

For tripod work, one of the basic things one does with a SLR is engage mirror lock-up, why is this not available as a remote control?

In the bracketing modes (eg HDR), I believe you have the choices of varying aperture or shutter the wrong way around.
When not using an app, when one engages Tv on the mode dial, one does that because one wants to manually set the shutter time to a fixed value and let the camera vary the aperture as required. DSLR controller does things in reverse - when one sets the Tv mode, the bracketting controls then only allow you to set shutter speeds and ISO values and because the camera is set to Tv, one is unable to set the single shutter speed one requires. The corresponding modes problems apply when one sets Av on the camera's mode dial.

Finally, I would have thought that it would be relatively trivial to allow the user to save all the camera's current settings to a file on the Android and to be able to recall and apply those settings at a later time. I, for one, would find this facility extremely useful.

Keep up the good work.
Peter
18th September 2019, 08:48 AM |#4090  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Hi, Firstly you may waiting a long time to get a reply fom the developers here. Secondly, I'm sure that once the camera is connected to DSLRC the mirror will be locked up as if not you would not see an image on your phone/pad. No longer delve into HDR as Luminosity Masks give better results. Russ
18th September 2019, 09:22 AM |#4091  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by russellsnr

Hi, Firstly you may waiting a long time to get a reply fom the developers here. Secondly, I'm sure that once the camera is connected to DSLRC the mirror will be locked up as if not you would not see an image on your phone/pad. No longer delve into HDR as Luminosity Masks give better results. Russ

Thanks for the reply. Yes, to go into live view, the camera raises the mirror, so when DSLR controller connects the mirror pops up. The trouble is that, when it goes to take a photo, it first drops the mirror, then raises it again, activates the shutter, drops the mirror then raises the mirror again to re-activate live viewing. Take the lens off in a dimly lit room and you can watch all this happening - ridiculous, I know but that's Canon.
When mirror lockup is active, one can set a time delay of 2 or 10 seconds in which case when the mirror pops up again to expose the shutter that delay is applied at that time, so that any vibration caused by mirror motion has time to settle before the shutter is activated.

You should not represent your opinion re: Luminosity masks as fact as it is only an opinion.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)