FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[2017.08.02] DSLR Controller v1.05

11,416 posts
Thanks Meter: 88,122

By Chainfire, Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 4th August 2011, 01:41 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th September 2019, 09:22 AM |#4091  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by russellsnr

Hi, Firstly you may waiting a long time to get a reply fom the developers here. Secondly, I'm sure that once the camera is connected to DSLRC the mirror will be locked up as if not you would not see an image on your phone/pad. No longer delve into HDR as Luminosity Masks give better results. Russ

Thanks for the reply. Yes, to go into live view, the camera raises the mirror, so when DSLR controller connects the mirror pops up. The trouble is that, when it goes to take a photo, it first drops the mirror, then raises it again, activates the shutter, drops the mirror then raises the mirror again to re-activate live viewing. Take the lens off in a dimly lit room and you can watch all this happening - ridiculous, I know but that's Canon.
When mirror lockup is active, one can set a time delay of 2 or 10 seconds in which case when the mirror pops up again to expose the shutter that delay is applied at that time, so that any vibration caused by mirror motion has time to settle before the shutter is activated.

You should not represent your opinion re: Luminosity masks as fact as it is only an opinion.
18th September 2019, 05:16 PM |#4092  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
OK, have a look at QDSLR Dashboard, yes you will have pay I beleive 10 Euros but again OMO you get a better service from the forum there than here. I asked just today about your mirrir lock up question and got a reply within a couple hours.
Currently you must use the camera menu to enable/disable the mirror lockup mode (will fix for next version the property).
After you enabled the mirror lockup mode you can use the capture button that will raise the mirror and then you need to press the 'Capture' button in the dialog the execute the actual capture.
Or you can use the mirror delay button on left to add an 1, 2 or 3 sec delay.

Russ.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)