FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][ROOT] LMT Launcher v2.9

1,759 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,661
 
By noname81, Senior Member on 2nd November 2011, 09:51 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th September 2019, 07:43 AM |#13981  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6,661
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mao04

Are you planning on implementing exclusion areas so we can still use LMT with Q's gesture navigation?


developer.android.com discusses this.

Thanks.

Hi, thanks for the info. I just saw this feature and implemented the exclusion areas. So with the next beta LMT should be compatible to Q's gesture navigation.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to noname81 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift noname81 Ad-Free
20th September 2019, 01:53 AM |#13982  
GoldElocks's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 88
 
More
Can someone upload the latest beta please. Original link is not working.

Edit:
Nevermind... Worked with different browser.
I could not update to 10 until I knew there was a working LMT. If this wasn't around I probably would be on the regular Pixel device rather than the XL. Really appreciate your work noname!
The Following User Says Thank You to GoldElocks For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GoldElocks Ad-Free
21st September 2019, 02:37 PM |#13983  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 80
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noname81

I saw this happening on my phone the last days now. I have one use case where I can reproduce the issue 100%:

- Start a YouTube video in fullscreen mode (landscape)
- While the video is running switch off the phone
- Wait some time and power on the phone again
- Pie is not coming up anymore and restarting lmt doesn't help

I checked some other overlay apps and they suffer from the same problem. I checked the Android framework code and the problem is that non system overlays are deactivated in this use case due to a bug in Android 10. Overlays are reactivated if one opens e.g. YouTube again or if e.g. the camera app is started.

Can you confirm this use case and the workaround without reboot on your phone?

Mostly I've been losing pie when my phone gets low on RAM, or that's the only thing I can figure anyway. Can confirm that launching camera fixes it though, thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to tardis_42 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tardis_42 Ad-Free
21st September 2019, 03:06 PM |#13984  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6,661
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tardis_42

Mostly I've been losing pie when my phone gets low on RAM, or that's the only thing I can figure anyway. Can confirm that launching camera fixes it though, thanks.

Ok, thanks for the info. This confirms it's a bug in Android 10. Unfortunately there is not much I can do from lmt side. We could raise a bug in the issue tracker for Android.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to noname81 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift noname81 Ad-Free
21st September 2019, 07:55 PM |#13985  
Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noname81

I saw this happening on my phone the last days now. I have one use case where I can reproduce the issue 100%:

- Start a YouTube video in fullscreen mode (landscape)
- While the video is running switch off the phone
- Wait some time and power on the phone again
- Pie is not coming up anymore and restarting lmt doesn't help

I checked some other overlay apps and they suffer from the same problem. I checked the Android framework code and the problem is that non system overlays are deactivated in this use case due to a bug in Android 10. Overlays are reactivated if one opens e.g. YouTube again or if e.g. the camera app is started.

Can you confirm this use case and the workaround without reboot on your phone?

I can confirm launching camera reactivates LMT too!

Thank you for your investigation.
22nd September 2019, 03:29 AM |#13986  
Senior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1,935
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tardis_42

Mostly I've been losing pie when my phone gets low on RAM, or that's the only thing I can figure anyway. Can confirm that launching camera fixes it though, thanks.

My understanding, when a phone gets low on RAM its the LMK that is killing an app. You can set the OOM (to -17) to "hide" it from the LMK (Low Memory Killer) and maybe avert the above from happening.
The Following User Says Thank You to DiamondJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiamondJohn Ad-Free
25th September 2019, 04:04 PM |#13987  
AbhishekS's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 833
 
More
Edit: Deleted
25th September 2019, 07:55 PM |#13988  
AbhishekS's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 833
 
More
Hey guys! Is there a way to trigger Google Assistant without root? I'm using Android 10 on OnePlus 7 Pro.
25th September 2019, 11:44 PM |#13989  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 729
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekS

Hey guys! Is there a way to trigger Google Assistant without root? I'm using Android 10 on OnePlus 7 Pro.

What exactly do you want to do?
But at least I don't know of a solution. Nova can create activities, but it can only open the explore section of Assistant. Everything else just gives permission denied or doesn't open anything
26th September 2019, 12:03 AM |#13990  
AbhishekS's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 833
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artim_96

What exactly do you want to do?
But at least I don't know of a solution. Nova can create activities, but it can only open the explore section of Assistant. Everything else just gives permission denied or doesn't open anything

Aah it's okay, I found a solution.

I downloaded the Google Assistant application from Play Store and set a Pie item to launch that application. Launching applications works without root so this did the trick!
The Following User Says Thank You to AbhishekS For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AbhishekS Ad-Free
26th September 2019, 08:21 AM |#13991  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noname81

Could it be, that by mistake you open the pie at the bottom and hit e.g. the back action?

How did you hide the nav bar? I used ADB but it seems like the features are still activating at the bottom which is causing this depending on how I hit the space bar it registers as a back gesture
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, gesture, launcher, lmt, pie

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes