FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][2.0+] MiXplorer v6.x Released (fully-featured file manager)

5,569 posts
Thanks Meter: 29,350

By HootanParsa, Recognized Developer on 17th May 2011, 03:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th September 2019, 01:17 PM |#30961  
Thanks Meter: 2,050

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauloup

I'm experiencing this bug since a couple version (some months) hoping it's going to be fixed.

The video thumbnails are made of just horizontal lines, even though they are fine and playable by Mixplorer build in player.

The issue happens to all videos recorded with the stock camera or 3rd party camera apps. Thumbnails of videos from WhatsApp, Instagram or screen recordings are shown correctly though. I tried messaging with codecs and resolutions, with no success to workaround the bug.

I included screenshots and a thumbnail file example from /Android/data/com.mixplorer/cache/thumbs
Here's also one of the bugged videos: https://drive.google.com/file/d/189X...w?usp=drivesdk

It's worth noticing the issue is exclusive to Mixplorer. Video thumbnails are all correct in any gallery like Google Photos or other file managers like the Xiaomi's.

Can confirm that bug, I think it was reported in July first:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...691&p=79849778
In my case there are only a few thumbs that have these lines, most of them are displayed correct. Almost all video files are made with stock camera.

Sent from my Moto G5 Plus using XDA Labs
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wolfcity For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wolfcity Ad-Free
18th September 2019, 01:51 AM |#30962  
Flag sonepat
Thanks Meter: 73

More
Getting error in Android 10
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190918-061842.png
Views:	608
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	4821007  
18th September 2019, 05:01 AM |#30963  
Thanks Meter: 155

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauloup

The video thumbnails are made of just horizontal lines, even though they are fine and playable by Mixplorer build in player.

I experienced the same issue.

First, you can try to delete all thumbnail previews by long tapping on address bar. They will be created newly.

However, Hootan fixed this issue already. I could test it. And I hope (but don't know) that he will release a new version soon.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tatsch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tatsch Ad-Free
18th September 2019, 05:41 AM |#30964  
Flag Caxambu
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatsch

I experienced the same issue.

First, you can try to delete all thumbnail previews by long tapping on address bar. They will be created newly.

However, Hootan fixed this issue already. I could test it. And ich hope (but don't know) that he will release a new version soon.

Thank you for the suggestion, but it didn't help to solve the issue. Nice to know it had been fixed, I also hope it gets to be released soon. Thank you anyway
19th September 2019, 09:43 AM |#30965  
Thanks Meter: 51

More
SMB - Admin shares on pc?
Hi,

I found this app as I am considering ditching Solid Explorer since the dev does not care about fixing the bugs anymore.

I use SE to get on to my Admin shares on the pc by selecting a root folder (/). I tried this on Miexplorer and I don't have an option to specify root so I end up with the shared folders only. Is there a way to get to administrative shares ie. C$, D$, etc access to all drives?

Also it would be good to see dual panes but I've only just installed the app so I might be getting ahead of myself and haven't got to exploring the options yet.

Edit: Ok never mind I have found the solution - All I had to do was to "show hidden " in the options. Brilliant!
The Following User Says Thank You to louiscar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift louiscar Ad-Free
19th September 2019, 12:00 PM |#30966  

More
Can someone show how to set advanced settings for servers and what other options can be added. Eg. I found out that remote= can be added but this was in a thread I picked up.
So documentation of all options and what their parameters are or should be.

One of my problems is that SMB 2 on Windows 7 (maybe on 10 even I don't know) is incredibly flakey. Trying to connect to admin shares is a lottery. I will try for ages with "network error" or in the case or Mix "connection error".
In testing Mix (I just installed it today), I finally got it to connect to my admin shares on the pc and then suddenly later I find I can't.

This is not a Mix problem it's a Windows 7 problem as it will do it with ES and Solid explorer. I often am forced to turn SMB 1 back on and connect that way. SMB 1 is reliable and doesn't flake out. I can connect 100% of the time.

So hence I am trying to figure out what I should put to SMB1= to force it to SMB 1. SMB1=1 or yes or ... .
I would rather not guess all the other options - having a list of available options would be great.

.. and if anyone knows why SMB 2 is such a pig to connect to and have a solutions I'd love to hear about it.
19th September 2019, 01:55 PM |#30967  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 120

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by louiscar

Can someone show how to set advanced settings for servers and what other options can be added. Eg. I found out that remote= can be added but this was in a thread I picked up.
So documentation of all options and what their parameters are or should be.

One of my problems is that SMB 2 on Windows 7 (maybe on 10 even I don't know) is incredibly flakey. Trying to connect to admin shares is a lottery. I will try for ages with "network error" or in the case or Mix "connection error".
In testing Mix (I just installed it today), I finally got it to connect to my admin shares on the pc and then suddenly later I find I can't.

This is not a Mix problem it's a Windows 7 problem as it will do it with ES and Solid explorer. I often am forced to turn SMB 1 back on and connect that way. SMB 1 is reliable and doesn't flake out. I can connect 100% of the time.

So hence I am trying to figure out what I should put to SMB1= to force it to SMB 1. SMB1=1 or yes or ... .
I would rather not guess all the other options - having a list of available options would be great.

.. and if anyone knows why SMB 2 is such a pig to connect to and have a solutions I'd love to hear about it.

I can't help with the big picture, but I have some comments that might help:
* SMB1=true or false
* are you using MiXplorer Silver? If not: did you install the MiX SMB 2.0/2.1 add-on?
The Following User Says Thank You to HerrT For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HerrT Ad-Free
19th September 2019, 02:01 PM |#30968  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerrT

I can't help with the big picture, but I have some comments that might help:
* SMB1=true or false
* are you using MiXplorer Silver? If not: did you install the MiX SMB 2.0/2.1 add-on?

Thanks. That variable was present as "SMB1=" so I assume that will be taken as false.
I had tried SMB1=1 and that appeared to work too. After reverting and turning off SMB 1 on Windows it seems to connect for now till it cuts out on me later no doubt or when I reboot.

I am not using Silver as I am evaluating after installing today and the first thing I did was to load the SMB 2 add on.
20th September 2019, 02:07 PM |#30969  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
MiXplorer googledrive Computers/My Laptop
Trying to use MiXplorer to access google drive contents but I have some problem.

Google drive has two things similar to folder: "My Drive" and "Computers".

I'm able to connect with MiXplorer to google drive and I can see the contents of Computers but I can't see the contents of "My Drive".

Is it possible to access also "My Drive"?
Thank you!
20th September 2019, 02:58 PM |#30970  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 29,350

More
Hellooo everyone! I hope you're all fine and happy.
Sorry for delay. I'm still busy but I will try to spend some time everyday on MiX.
I've fixed some bugs reported via email. I will upload a new build soon.
Thanks for your ideas, suggestions and bug reports.
The Following 67 Users Say Thank You to HootanParsa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th September 2019, 04:24 PM |#30971  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HootanParsa

Thanks for your ideas, suggestions and bug reports.

Evaluating your app as I've had my fill of Solid Explorer not being supported any more.
Great to see such a nice explorer.

Would you be kind enough to furnish IronTechmonkey the list of available advanced settings for connections (eg. SMB1= Remote= etc.), so he can add it to the FAQ?
The FAQ has been really useful for getting up to speed.

Thanks for a great app sir!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to louiscar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift louiscar Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chm, cloud, encfs, epub, mix

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)