can anyone help me root my samsung Galaxy a20e

Search This thread

Spaceminer

The third step is doesnt work for me. (Long press volume up to unlock the bootloader. This will wipe your data and automatically reboot.)

You might not have an unlockable bootloader, or it might just be a different key combo. If you got one that was already carrier branded by Verizon or At&t then you're probably out of luck. You might want to try reading this too. (The middle response.) This is how the regular A20 users are unlocking theirs.

Reactions: triumfanto

triumfanto

Nov 22, 2011
You might not have an unlockable bootloader, or it might just be a different key combo. If you got one that was already carrier branded by Verizon or At&t then you're probably out of luck. You might want to try reading this too. (The middle response.) This is how the regular A20 users are unlocking theirs.
Thanks! Linked method works for me.
(1 turn off phone
2 Hold down Volume Up and Volume down both at same time.
3 While holding down both those buttons attach USB cable to computer (easier if you already have it plugged in to the phone)
4 wait for Aqua screen to come up that says to long press (hold down several seconds ) the Volume UP key to unlock bootloader.)
Maybe the root with magisk is possible too.
After few hours later I have a rooted a20e phone! :) (A202FXXU2ASG1)
When bootloader is really open odin can rewrite original boot.img with the magisk patched one.
TWRP is only need for me now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zorzetto

Spaceminer

(1 turn off phone
3 While holding down both those buttons attach USB cable to computer (easier if you already have it plugged in to the phone)
4 wait for Aqua screen to come up that says to long press (hold down several seconds ) the Volume UP key to unlock bootloader.)

I love hearing good news! I'm willing to bet that whatever they're doing to get root will also work for you too. You'll have to do a little digging over there. You also have the same chipset as them and they have twrp already! It should be portable to your device without much of an issue. It really sounds like anyone with an A series can rejoice. I'm tempted to get one myself at this point.

smda

Nov 28, 2019
Flash failed

Hello,

I have also a Samsung galaxy a20e and I followed the instructions, but the flash at step 7 fails. The firmware that I used is provided by this sammobile. It's works when I use it normaly, but fails when I use the magisk generated file for the AP . The operation stop when Odin reading the recovery image.
I uncheck the Auto Reboot option like specified

Can someone help me please?

ParadoxLogic

Dec 23, 2018
Last edited:

smda

Nov 28, 2019
The OEM unlocking option was already active for me. Unfortunately the flash with TWRP that you give still doesn't work. Have you succeed on your side ?

ParadoxLogic

Dec 23, 2018
The OEM unlocking option was already active for me. Unfortunately the flash with TWRP that you give still doesn't work. Have you succeed on your side ?

Hi,

No I am still having the same issue as you, OEM Unlocked, but the flash at step 7 fails. The firmware that I used is provided by this sammobile. It's works when I use it normally, but fails when I use the magisk generated file for the AP.

It says "Can only flash official images"

HazardsDE

Sep 14, 2019
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
1. extract the boot.img from the firmware of your device
2. unzip with zarchiver
3. download magisk manager and choose install then select the boot.img file
4. flash the patched boot.img in Odin
Done
there is no TWRP yet cause it would need to be build from source.

Reactions: laudrup9

ParadoxLogic

Dec 23, 2018
(1 turn off phone
When bootloader is really open odin can rewrite original boot.img with the magisk patched one.

Can you post the files for root? matching the AP via magisk doesnt work, Kingroot doesnt work, I have tried everything, please cam someone help me get this phone rooted!!! the phone is useless as it is as i need titanium backup to work!!!

Reactions: laudrup9

laudrup9

Nov 12, 2016
Can you post the files for root? matching the AP via magisk doesnt work, Kingroot doesnt work, I have tried everything, please cam someone help me get this phone rooted!!! the phone is useless as it is as i need titanium backup to work!!!

I have the same problem please help to root and put my hand I have tried to do things has this mobile to see if we give a little life thanks

7wells

Hello,

Sorry for chiming in, but maybe there is a misunderstanding? The original boot.img file (extracted from the stock firmware) needs to be first patched by the Magisk app. Only after it has been patched, the boot.img file should be flashed by Odin. Maybe the guide over there helps to make it clearer: https://www.getdroidtips.com/root-galaxy-a20-a20e/

EDIT1: I see posts about "vbmeta warning", so there might be some further hurdles, see e.g. there:
https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-a20/help/root-method-twrp-samsung-a20e-help-t4017763

EDIT2: You might also want to have a look into the A20 (i.e. without the "e") section:
https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=80021195&postcount=4

EDIT3: vbmeta.tar attached there:
https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=80188834&postcount=237

Good luck! :)

PS:
I understood that no TWRP or other custom recovery was needed for this, but I assume that by unlocking the bootloader via the developer options (before flashing) or/and by flashing the patched boot.img (and vbmeta.tar?) file via Odin, the Knox counter is triggered, voiding warranty and some apps not working anymore (e.g. Samsung billing etc.), and OTA updates by Samsung not working anymore. Is that correct?

Last edited:

7wells

This thread was started by @Wazzer21. Actually, his first post so far remains the only one. And interestingly, I found this website:
https://www.androidinfotech.com/root-samsung-galaxy-a20e-pie/

How to Root Samsung Galaxy A20e Pie 9.0 (SM-A202F, SM-A202K)

First of all, thanks to Wazzer21 – XDA developer for TWRP support and topjohnwu – this genius is a one who discovered and maintaining Magisk. Samsung Galaxy A20e International variants come with a flexible bootloader.
Er, what does this mean?

When you read further through that page and come to the comments, you learn:

Chris says December 1, 2019 at 3:32 am
This does not work…..at all…
once completing, there is an error VBMETA error…..
Selva Ganesh says December 1, 2019 at 11:53 am
The problem is Magisk 20.0. Did you use that Magisk version? If so, Try with Patch version 20.1.

Can somebody please confirm this? Or is this all a hoax? Sorry for asking so bluntly, but I have mixed feelings (and still do not want to appear rude or something). :eek:

PS:
On this website about rooting the Samsung A20e ("SM-A202")...
https://www.flashfilebd.com/2019/07/samsung-a20-root-file.html
... there are several files for download and the following info:
Here You Find Samsung A20e Root File With Magisk Manager Apk. Samsung SM-A202/F/FN/S/K Binary U1 And U2 Root File Available Here.

What do "U1" and "U2" binaries mean, i.e. how do they differ? There is no explanation (unless I have missed something).

Last edited:

mamograg

Nov 14, 2021
Samsung Galaxy A20
(1 turn off phone
Hello, i read that you have root your phone, i am trying to do the same thing now but i don't know how please can you give me the process that you followed

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi could anyone give me instructions on how to root my samsung Galaxy a20e please

This might help. https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/install.html#samsung-system-as-root
    The third step is doesnt work for me. (Long press volume up to unlock the bootloader. This will wipe your data and automatically reboot.)

(1 turn off phone
    1. extract the boot.img from the firmware of your device
    2. unzip with zarchiver
    3. download magisk manager and choose install then select the boot.img file
    4. flash the patched boot.img in Odin
    Done
    there is no TWRP yet cause it would need to be build from source.
    (1 turn off phone