FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Android 2.2+] CallRecorder - record phone calls from the phone line

1,075 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,843
 
By skvalex, Senior Member on 12th January 2012, 01:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th September 2019, 10:24 PM |#7951  
Quote:
Originally Posted by VICosPhi

Will the earpiece /mic method recording work in Android 10?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

No. If device isn't rooted, then any third-party app won't able to capture _any_ sound during a call. Only silence will be recorded.
The Following User Says Thank You to skvalex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift skvalex Ad-Free
20th September 2019, 07:16 AM |#7952  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skvalex

No chances: in Android 10, either root access is required, or a system recorder must be available in your firmware

Is there a way to check for a system recorder in firmware of galaxy note 10+ sm974F ?
20th September 2019, 09:43 PM |#7953  
VICosPhi's Avatar
Senior Member
Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 195
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideRMaN-17

Is there a way to check for a system recorder in firmware of galaxy note 10+ sm974F ?

There's a list someone created but you need to factory reset your phone and insert the SIM from that county to be able to enable that feature.
As far I recall it is India, Thailand, Israel, Bangladesh has it

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to VICosPhi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift VICosPhi Ad-Free
21st September 2019, 02:15 PM |#7954  
Member
Flag Ankara
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Not understand completely sorry. Am I use this app free only 2 weeks or unlimited time? Thank you for your work.
22nd September 2019, 05:21 AM |#7955  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VICosPhi

Does it not record at all using the phone earpiece? Do you have Snapdragon Note 10+?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Snapdragon, have not yet installed CR on it

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by skvalex

No. If device isn't rooted, then any third-party app won't able to capture _any_ sound during a call. Only silence will be recorded.

Is the Note 10+ rooted yet?

Just got the phone, afraid if rooted and anything happens to phone I'm stuck with a bricked phone which Sprint would not repair or replace.

What I do not understand is why was is it disabled by google?

It is legal to record a conversation if 1 party is aware.
22nd September 2019, 06:47 AM |#7956  
VICosPhi's Avatar
Senior Member
Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 195
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSprintGuy

Snapdragon, have not yet installed CR on it

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------



Is the Note 10+ rooted yet?

Just got the phone, afraid if rooted and anything happens to phone I'm stuck with a bricked phone which Sprint would not repair or replace.

What I do not understand is why was is it disabled by google?

It is legal to record a conversation if 1 party is aware.

Note 10+ Exynos is rooted yes but Snapdragon may not see root for a long time (perhaps never) since Samsung has locked bootloaders on US Snapdragon phones thanks to capitalist American carriers. S10+ Snapdragon US version is still not rooted even though some of the smartest minds are working to find an exploit.

Google says it disabled call recording to prevent misuse of this feature, even though it is legal in many places in the world to record calls. They also recently disabled local data backup option(using ADB) and you must backup to Google cloud now and trust Google to keep all your confidential phone data secure($2.99 a month fees too for the backup). They will probably limit local storage access even more in future Android updates from what I read. Android is heading the wrong way and becoming as badly restrictive as IOS. At this pace, IOS is looking a lot better option next year if Huawei OS fails to deliver.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VICosPhi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift VICosPhi Ad-Free
22nd September 2019, 07:04 AM |#7957  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VICosPhi

Note 10+ Exynos is rooted yes but Snapdragon may not see root for a long time (perhaps never) since Samsung has locked bootloaders on US Snapdragon phones thanks to capitalist American carriers. S10+ Snapdragon US version is still not rooted even though some of the smartest minds are working to find an exploit.

Google says it disabled call recording to prevent misuse of this feature, even though it is legal in many places in the world to record calls. They also recently disabled local data backup option(using ADB) and you must backup to Google cloud now and trust Google to keep all your confidential phone data secure($2.99 a month fees too for the backup). They will probably limit local storage access even more in future Android updates from what I read. Android is heading the wrong way and becoming as badly restrictive as IOS. At this pace, IOS is looking a lot better option next year if Huawei OS fails to deliver.

Could I have bought an international version of the note 10+ that would work here in the USA for call recording?

Not too late to return my unopened note 10 + purchased from sprint.

If available, would an international version work with Sprint? Just curious

Thanks
22nd September 2019, 07:23 AM |#7958  
VICosPhi's Avatar
Senior Member
Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 195
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSprintGuy

Could I have bought an international version of the note 10+ that would work here in the USA for call recording?



Not too late to return my unopened note 10 + purchased from sprint.



If available, would an international version work with Sprint? Just curious



Thanks

Unfortunately, Exynos(international) version only works with T-mobile and AT&T. It also does not have band 71 for T-mobile and lacks wifi calling for AT&T, but other features work.

Sprint and Verizon need CDMA so your only choice is US Snapdragon phone.



Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VICosPhi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift VICosPhi Ad-Free
22nd September 2019, 06:55 PM |#7959  
troymz1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 106
 
More
This module works great. Great job skvalex. Flawless app. Keep it up 😁
The Following User Says Thank You to troymz1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift troymz1 Ad-Free
22nd September 2019, 07:25 PM |#7960  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 202
 
More
Is there any way to make the app work on the zenfone 6? I'm rooted and I know it can be done because the default phone app can record calls (not automatically, you have to press a button). I prefer to use Google Phone because of the anti spam capabilities.
I've tried all combinations to make the app record calls and nothing (alsa, caf, default api, etc) I get silence.
Any input or help would be appreciated.
24th September 2019, 02:21 PM |#7961  
Quote:
Originally Posted by papete

Is there any way to make the app work on the zenfone 6? I'm rooted and I know it can be done because the default phone app can record calls (not automatically, you have to press a button). I prefer to use Google Phone because of the anti spam capabilities.
I've tried all combinations to make the app record calls and nothing (alsa, caf, default api, etc) I get silence.
Any input or help would be appreciated.

Install magisk module, then use Standard API with Voice call uplink + downlink audio source
The Following User Says Thank You to skvalex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift skvalex Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
call rec, call recording, callrec

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes