[ROM][P31xx][4.4.4] SlimKat

Search This thread

levider

Aug 6, 2014
I tried to flash latest Slim-espresso3g-4.4.4.build.9.26-UNOFFICIAL-20190303-0101
and Slim-espresso3g-4.4.4.build.9.25-UNOFFICIAL-20181227-1410
But I have File is corrupt error.. in both cases
TWRP 3.2.3.0 common

How to fix?

EDIT
I checked md5 checksum and it's ok

Last edited:

Android-Andi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
I tried to flash latest Slim-espresso3g-4.4.4.build.9.26-UNOFFICIAL-20190303-0101
and Slim-espresso3g-4.4.4.build.9.25-UNOFFICIAL-20181227-1410
But I have File is corrupt error.. in both cases
TWRP 3.2.3.0 common

How to fix?

EDIT
I checked md5 checksum and it's ok
Can't confirm. Boots fine.

Only thing I found:
Notification bar was only visible after changing default wallpaper.

Reactions: champ1919

levider

Aug 6, 2014
Can't confirm. Boots fine.

Only thing I found:
Notification bar was only visible after changing default wallpaper.

So, there.s was a problem with my sd card. Everything seems ok now.
Except quick setting panel and notification panel. Can't pull them on home screen on latest 9.26, but they work in settings and in apps

Chiz511

Apr 21, 2011
i may be the only human still using one of these, but any chance of a reupload of the latest version? im having trouble finding any rom links that still work

dudulzz

May 29, 2019
i tried Slim-espressowifi-4.4.4.build.9.28-UNOFFICIAL-20190509-2116.zip. but cannot connect to wifi. can you fix it please ;)

Apcoolboy

Dec 2, 2014
Ahmedabad-Gujarat
Hey anybody knows how to get kcal support on p3110.? I am using this rom and its great with agni kernel. Just need kcal to calibrate my screen colors. Thanks

Last edited:
Slim-espressowifi-4.4.4.build.9.30-UNOFFICIAL-20190915-1100.zip

@Android-Andi, thank you very much for your efforts.
When it comes to Portable Wi-Fi hotspot, it's better than before. When turned on, the host is visible, does not hang and does not fall, and you can connect another device to it.

Unfortunately, DHCP is not working well. The host reports gate 0.0.0.0 and subnet mask 255.255.0.0, and the client receives a senseless IP address 169.254.206.30.

By default, the host should have IP 192.168.43.1 and a mask of 255.255.255.0.
Anykernel doesn't help.

Android-Andi

Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
I must say that I can't help on that.
My Tab2 family wasn't used the last year and I've lost interest on Android and also I am not having the time for it which I had before.

If someone likes to continue my work, source is open for everyone and from time to time I might check in the existing threads if I can answer some questions, if any.

You're also welcome to still use the existing threads to discuss ROM specific things.

Thanks for the time here and also for your support!
I've met a lot of great people here, learned a lot of stuff from other devs and users!

Real- and private life now has other plans and challenges for me....

Best regards

Andi

shoulih

Jan 4, 2014
Is there a way to install the stock WebView that comes with 4.4?

Those who are on 4.4:
AOSP Browser was removed for security reasons. Most lightweight Browser use KitKats webview which isn't up to date any more and there's ATM no proper way to update it.

You should use a browser which has its own webview implementation like Chrome, Firefox or Chromium.
From what I have tested Chromium seems to be a good solution. Here's my self compiled Chromium:
https://github.com/andi34/prebuilt_chromium/raw/master/ChromePublic.apk
(It's only missing h264 encoder for legal reasons...H.264 is not a free codec and I don't have the license for distributing)

For Android 5+
https://github.com/andi34/prebuilt_chromium/raw/master/ChromeModernPublic.apk

For Android 7+
https://github.com/andi34/prebuilt_chromium/raw/master/MonochromePublic.apk

Hi Andi,

I like this Slikkat Rom a lot and just check to see if I can install the stock webview that comes with Andriod 4.4 as I plan to run a browser based app (Wallpanel for Home Assistant) that requires the webview.

TIA

Joaobastosvet

Oct 29, 2015
Flashed this rom yesterday, now i have a revived tablet that hasn't been used for years. Very fast, stable and reliable! this will help keeping my family closer by using videocalls and other stuff in this quarentine. Thank you!!

Reactions: Android-Andi

Hitesht

May 10, 2020
Help Needed to upgrade GT P3100 from Jellybean to Nougat

Hi, I have GT P3100 Samsung Galaxy with stock Android 4.1.2 jellybean. Microsoft Team app s not available under Play store so I guess Jellybean doesn't support Teams. I wish to upgrade to Nougat to be able to use Microsoft Teams. Please help with step by step guide and ROM links etc. Thank you all in advance.

SlimKat
KitKat - Android 4.4
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
  • The Real Dark Slim
    • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
  • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
    • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
  • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
    • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
  • SlimCenter
    • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
  • Camera Features
    • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 * If you dont like this rom, Stay away from this thread! 
 */

Download:
ROM Downloads for all supported devices, general information (How to flash? What about Gapps? Etc. etc.) can be found here

Important links:
slimroms.org - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Slim FAQ

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

Want to support development? You can consider donating, we've spent countless of hours with this :)

XDA:DevDB Information
[P31xx] SlimKat, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

Contributors
Android-Andi, SlimRoms, tejkkarani
Source Code: https://github.com/slimroms

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x

Version Information

Created 2014-05-20
Last Updated 2017-04-30

Android-Andi

Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
Hi, I have GT P3100 Samsung Galaxy with stock Android 4.1.2 jellybean. Microsoft Team app s not available under Play store so I guess Jellybean doesn't support Teams. I wish to upgrade to Nougat to be able to use Microsoft Teams. Please help with step by step guide and ROM links etc. Thank you all in advance.
Every files you need can be found here http://andi34.github.io/

It's a development thread and not a beginners guide thread. On YouTube you'll find enough videos on how to flash TWRP to your device. I suggest you use my latest common TWRP:
http://andi34.github.io/recoveries_tab2.html

Here's how to flash a ROM properly:
http://andi34.github.io/faq/faq_twrp.html

Good luck and best wishes!

Tab_Triggerhappy

Jun 13, 2020
Just want to say Thank You for a very very nice rom :good::good::good:
My old Galaxy Tab 2 (3100) will come in use again. I tried a couple of other roms, highest 7.1, but this is sweeeeet!

An advanced remote shutter release for Olympus OM-D E-M5 (Mark 1) was my reason to change rom.
I wanted to try if I could get the Miops Mobile Dongle + app to work, even though Miops claims the phone/tablet needs Bluetooth 4. (Tab 2 has BT 3)
The app needs Android 4.4 and up... but after flashing, Play Store still wouldn't let me find the app, but that was sorted eventually.

So...... if there are any photographers here with these old relics I can confirm that IT WORKS!!! :D

Since Miops go through the headphone jack, my next step is to get the videosignal adapted to USB with the OTG adapter and a videograbber.
I need to mod the USB/AV cable with the shutter release cable. That way I can get both camera display and Miops app in the Tab 2.
Or a big camera display in the tab and a separate small phone for Miops. My old J5 will be used again too :cool:

Anyway, thank you !

Last edited:
Reactions: Android-Andi

Tab_Triggerhappy

Jun 13, 2020
Here is my current setup with SlimKat.

SlimKat+ Open Gapps Pico + Nova Launcher + Lines Icon Pack + LMT Pie Menu

Immersive Mode
Screenshot_2020-07-07-22-48-02.jpg

Regular
Screenshot_2020-07-07-23-33-09.jpg

Access to App Drawer in a couple of different ways, like Swipe Up or tapping UNKNOWN PLEASURES
Tapping JOY DIVISION opens my Mp3 Player
Screenshot_2020-07-07-23-46-23.jpg

Hidden apps are accessible by longpressing the Home Button
Screenshot_2020-07-08-00-23-57.jpg

Moved as much as possible to a 64 Gb SD-card and removed as much as possible also.
No SlimCenter, Development, Email/Exchange, Daydreams, VPN, CellBroadcast, Wapp, Phasebeam, that sound thingy, OneTimeInit's, Dialer since SIM is only surfing and some other stuff.
4.05 Gb free internal space :)

Tab_Triggerhappy

Jun 13, 2020
I want to translate more in SlimKat to my language but I cant find the correct .xml

I have checked the 2 that are mentioned in a couple of threads and a lot is translated there.
But like the popup when you have pressed the power button, it's still in english.
In settings I can get popups with say 3 options and 1 is in english.
In some pages in settings, head lines are in english or a section of the page is.

Can a thing like this be fixed in just a couple of .xml's or do I need to have a degree in engineering and a Linux setup?

I have platform-tools, apktool and Android Studio + some Java thingy... Notepad++
Managed to get xml's into Notepad++
Also managed to grant permission to MoreLocale 2 with ADB Shell from my laptop and very keen on learning more.

Top Liked Posts