342 posts
Thanks Meter: 330

By masterleron, Senior Member on 24th February 2013, 10:29 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th August 2014, 04:14 PM |#581  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Hi everybody. Just want to let you know this is actually the best ROM I tried for this phone...smooth like butta! Ahahahaha

Inviato dal mio Nexus 4 utilizzando Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to 4L3xN3t For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 4L3xN3t Ad-Free
21st August 2014, 09:39 PM |#582  
Flag Johannesburg
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Exclamation Won't boot
I'm coming back to this ROM after a break, but no matter what I do I cannot get it to boot. I've done a full wipe, I've wiped cache and dalvik more times than I can count... but on each clean install I can't get past the "android" splash screen.

What recovery have you guys been using to flash?

The only thing that's really changed is I install 4ext recovery, used to use Clockworkmod.

I can flash other ROMs, like Alterndromadus and PureKat, it's just Jelly Baby that won't work... any ideas?
21st August 2014, 11:05 PM |#583  
Flag Johannesburg
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by apuntigam

I'm coming back to this ROM after a break, but no matter what I do I cannot get it to boot. I've done a full wipe, I've wiped cache and dalvik more times than I can count... but on each clean install I can't get past the "android" splash screen.

What recovery have you guys been using to flash?

The only thing that's really changed is I install 4ext recovery, used to use Clockworkmod.

I can flash other ROMs, like Alterndromadus and PureKat, it's just Jelly Baby that won't work... any ideas?

Problem solved. This ROM does NOT like 4ext. I changed back to clockworkmod and it works.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Free mobile app
23rd August 2014, 01:15 AM |#584  
Flag London~ish
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by apuntigam

Problem solved. This ROM does NOT like 4ext. I changed back to clockworkmod and it works.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Free mobile app

Hi mate, glad to hear you got it working. However, I've been using this ROM for ages and always used 4ext, never had a problem. Just make sure you use the latest version.
I'm using v1.6 of this ROM with android L keyboard and Xposed with Xblast to give transparent status bar. Looks great, runs smooth.

I really want to learn how to open ROMs up so that I can tailor it to how I want. Remove the email app, swap out the launcher etc.

Sent from my HTC Vision
23rd August 2014, 02:25 AM |#585  
@H4rry
If that's all you want to do then you're in luck, super easy
Download 7zip
Unzip ROM
Go to /system/app
Delete what you want
Add what you want
Zip up ROM and set compress to store
Then either sign it (many programs to do for you
Or
Toggle signature verification in recovery
Flash your new ROM
But if you're after doing much more you will have a lot more work. But what you want to do is a great starting place to learn!
Best of luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to demkantor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift demkantor Ad-Free
24th August 2014, 04:01 PM |#586  
Flag London~ish
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by demkantor

@H4rry
If that's all you want to do then you're in luck, super easy
Download 7zip
Unzip ROM
Go to /system/app
Delete what you want
Add what you want
Zip up ROM and set compress to store
Then either sign it (many programs to do for you
Or
Toggle signature verification in recovery
Flash your new ROM
But if you're after doing much more you will have a lot more work. But what you want to do is a great starting place to learn!
Best of luck!

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I had been playing with this, but was really worried I'd bugger it up.
I bet you can guess what I'll be playing with this bank holiday weekend. Thanks again for that.

In case anyone else is interested I found this page on XDA university http://xda-university.com/as-a-user/...d-rom-tweaking
4th January 2019, 09:39 PM |#587  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Anyone have a working link?
22nd September 2019, 03:33 PM |#588  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
how, where do I download the ROM ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)