FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Did you find this thread useful?

Yes, it was very helpful to me.

1,608 Vote(s)
64.01%
No, I didn't feel it helped me.

416 Vote(s)
16.56%
I don't know.

488 Vote(s)
19.43%

[HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly.

4,428 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,928

Post Reply Email Thread
22nd September 2019, 01:55 PM |#43941  
Thanks Meter: 2,352

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdarkie

When I reached to flash the hosd it didn't flash, is there a zip file that I can flash to assist with the modem ? I appreciate your assistance thus far

You're best bet is to ask for help in that same thread. Sorry, I don't have that device.
22nd September 2019, 02:33 PM |#43942  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
C:\Android\com>htc_fastboot flash hosd C:\Android\com\hosd_signed.img
htc_fastboot v3.0.9.2 (2015-05-29)
target reported max download size of 1560000000 bytes
sending 'hosd' (42401 KB)...
OKAY [ 2.716s]
writing 'hosd'...
(bootloader) HOSD CL#1091111
FAILED (remote: 35 RU_PARTITION_NOT_SUPPORT hosd)
finished. total time: 4.730s
htc_fastboot finished. total time: 8.629s

This what I am getting when i run the hosd_signed any advice please

C:\Platform-tools>fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) kernel: lk
(bootloader) product: htc_ocnwhl
(bootloader) version: 1.0
(bootloader) max-download-size: 1560000000
(bootloader) serialno: FA7B80500105
(bootloader) slot-count: 0
(bootloader) current-slot:
(bootloader) imei: ###############
(bootloader) version-main: 3.37.617.1
(bootloader) boot-mode: download
(bootloader) version-baseband: 8998-200321-1905211056
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.0.0.0000
(bootloader) mid: 2PZC50000
(bootloader) cid: BS_US001
all:
finished. total time: 0.092s
The Issue is I have used a RRU previously which worked fine before and is on my SD card. Now it wont work since after I got the update for Pie 9.0 and tried to update but because of TWRP installed it never updated to Pie. And since that I cant make any calls, caller cant hear me and I cant hear them. I have a sunshine subscriptiuon when I try to S-off to switch to SuperCid phone reboots normal after saying its going to S-off. Please can anyone help me out. At the moment I have BadBoyz Rom Installed. Any further info required please let me know. Also the error when i try to flash the previously working RRU I get a 12 RU_ZIP ERROR[/QUOTE]
22nd September 2019, 05:58 PM |#43943  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 5,078

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdarkie

C:\Android\com>htc_fastboot flash hosd C:\Android\com\hosd_signed.img
htc_fastboot v3.0.9.2 (2015-05-29)
target reported max download size of 1560000000 bytes
sending 'hosd' (42401 KB)...
OKAY [ 2.716s]
writing 'hosd'...
(bootloader) HOSD CL#1091111
FAILED (remote: 35 RU_PARTITION_NOT_SUPPORT hosd)
finished. total time: 4.730s
htc_fastboot finished. total time: 8.629s

This what I am getting when i run the hosd_signed any advice please

C:\Platform-tools>fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) kernel: lk
(bootloader) product: htc_ocnwhl
(bootloader) version: 1.0
(bootloader) max-download-size: 1560000000
(bootloader) serialno: FA7B80500105
(bootloader) slot-count: 0
(bootloader) current-slot:
(bootloader) imei: ###############
(bootloader) version-main: 3.37.617.1
(bootloader) boot-mode: download
(bootloader) version-baseband: 8998-200321-1905211056
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.0.0.0000
(bootloader) mid: 2PZC50000
(bootloader) cid: BS_US001
all:
finished. total time: 0.092s
The Issue is I have used a RRU previously which worked fine before and is on my SD card. Now it wont work since after I got the update for Pie 9.0 and tried to update but because of TWRP installed it never updated to Pie. And since that I cant make any calls, caller cant hear me and I cant hear them. I have a sunshine subscriptiuon when I try to S-off to switch to SuperCid phone reboots normal after saying its going to S-off. Please can anyone help me out. At the moment I have BadBoyz Rom Installed. Any further info required please let me know. Also the error when i try to flash the previously working RRU I get a 12 RU_ZIP ERROR

First things first, you can't go backwards with firmware versions on an HTC device without being S-Off, so you are going to have to stay on Pie or pay $25 for S-Off (which is only temporary on the U11 ~ after a reboot you'll be back to S-On) and go back that way.

Secondly, the "remote: 35 RU_PARTITION_NOT_SUPPORT <PartitionName>" error is because you can’t flash a plain image in Download Mode, it needs to be done in Bootloader Mode.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xunholyx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xunholyx Ad-Free
23rd September 2019, 01:26 AM |#43944  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
i got a honor 10 on emui 9.1 anybody got a guide to root. i've already got my boot loader key
23rd September 2019, 02:46 AM |#43945  
Thanks Meter: 2,352

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by l-khalifa

i got a honor 10 on emui 9.1 anybody got a guide to root. i've already got my boot loader key

These seem to be the relevant links

https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/install.html#huawei

https://forum.xda-developers.com/hon...i-9-0-t3883991

https://forum.xda-developers.com/hon...i-9-1-t3952262
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
23rd September 2019, 03:24 AM |#43946  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xunholyx

First things first, you can't go backwards with firmware versions on an HTC device without being S-Off, so you are going to have to stay on Pie or pay $25 for S-Off (which is only temporary on the U11 ~ after a reboot you'll be back to S-On) and go back that way.

Secondly, the "remote: 35 RU_PARTITION_NOT_SUPPORT <PartitionName>" error is because you can’t flash a plain image in Download Mode, it needs to be done in Bootloader Mode.

wanna say a big THANKS to xunholyx for looking at my comments and providing that detailed info for some of us who are still noobs in the real world. I flashed the hosd in Bootloader Mode as instructed and all went sky high after that no more hiccups. I am back on Oreo and quite happy. What I also did was tweak the instructions to make it fully Noob so guys like me would apprentice Kate when stuff is lowered to a language we understand better. Thanks again to everyone who contributed to me and my Htc U 11. If the tweaked instructions is needed by anyone feel free to contact me as I won't post it here without the necessary authorization of the initial poster.
The Following User Says Thank You to cdarkie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cdarkie Ad-Free
24th September 2019, 11:54 AM |#43947  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimera012

Hey every one,i am in desperate need of some assistance.I have an upcoming court case, A man assaulted me in my home,he is however claiming that i verbally abused him over a phone call how ever that is not true at all, i had the call recorded on a recorder app but i deleted it a long time ago,i am hoping root my L1 g3311 will be able to help me recover the call.

i am on a windows 10 pc
Sony xperia l1 g3311
Android version 7.0
Kernal 3.18.35+
build number 43.0.a.7.106

i am a complete noob when it comes to these things,i am begging for someone to talk me through step by step to root this device and make backups incase.
i tried to understand previous post however they seem to cover linux

recovering such file from phone is unlikely, given the big period of time. but i have 3 suggestions :
1. reinstall the app you used. maybe it had a cloud backup feature and you can restore it
2. contact the operator. some say the operators record your phone. maybe they can help you.
3. remember the time and place of the call. were you at work or in public ? there might be a camera pointed at you. do you have any witnesses ?

best of luck
24th September 2019, 01:29 PM |#43948  
I've been trying to build a CM kernel inline with a ROM I am building for my Amazon Fire Tablet, but having trouble because of an error that I can't figure out. so it still seems like I'm trying to accomplish The impossible. Its something along the lines of:

Code:
can't find TARGET_KERNEL_BINARIES 
"No rule to make .config needed by out/target/product/suez/obj/KERNEL_OBJ/.config"
I know it's looking for the deconfig which it clearly finds, and builds the kernel according to that configuration, builds the said modules, then proceeds to tell me that it can't find the configuration that it just built the kernel from. so I'm assuming it has to do with where that configuration is going after the kernel is built, which is clearly not in the place it should be. So I need to know what I am missing in my BoardConfig.mk that should send that file to where it needs to go. not much comes up in the terms of a Google search and what I have found I have incorporated into the BoardConfig if needed or seemed logical, but clearly did not help since I am asking this question. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated so I can finally move on to the next step.

Sent from my Amzn Fire using XDA Labs
25th September 2019, 01:44 AM |#43949  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1,935

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFire1024

I've been trying to build a CM kernel inline with a ROM I am building for my Amazon Fire Tablet, but having trouble because of an error that I can't figure out.

You will probably get more help in the thread https://forum.xda-developers.com/che...pment-t2814763
The Following User Says Thank You to DiamondJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiamondJohn Ad-Free
25th September 2019, 05:25 AM |#43951  
Flag Adimali
Thanks Meter: 88

More
I need help porting the mi a3 cam so that i can use it on custom roms
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, beginner, confused, guidance, help needed, help thread, lost, newbie, noob, questions and answers

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)