12th October 2013, 08:38 PM |#22  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 671

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by StheveO

But i cannot install apps, it keeps saying that i do not have enough space

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda app-developers app

How your Rom uses the partition depends on what a2sd script it uses.

Do you have a link to the rom thread? Traditionally you have to flash a separate a2sd script for cm7

With regards to your internal space you are currently still on stock hboot which is very inefficient. Even with an a2sd script you can still run out of space with your setup.

It has 250MB system size but currently you're only using ~140MB, wasting 110MB, still tiny 147MB internal space which you had before you rooted/s-off

You need to flash a different hboot using fastboot to use space more efficiently. With cm7r2 hboot it has 145MB system size, you'd waste only ~5MB on system and get bigger 287MB data (internal memory)

What I'd recommend assuming you already have titanium backup of apps and backed up contacts to Google:

- flash cm7r2 hboot using fastboot
- reboot to recovery
- full wipe as before (wipe all partitions except sdcard)
- flash cm7, reboot
- reboot back to recovery, flash compatible a2sd script which moves apps and dalvik cache to sd-ext
- restore apps etc

You still won't necessarily see your internal memory read 'internal+sd-ext', but apps should be moved automatically to the partition. Best way to check would be to install another app like DiskUsage to browse all your partitions
The Following User Says Thank You to eddiehk6 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eddiehk6 Ad-Free
12th October 2013, 10:24 PM |#23  
OP Junior Member
Flag San Jose
Thanks Meter: 0

More
But I already flashed the cm7.2.0.1 for the HTC bravo I downloaded from the cyanogenmod website...
I followed all the instructions on this post

12th October 2013, 10:27 PM |#24  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 6,575

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

But I already flashed the cm7.2.0.1 for the HTC bravo I downloaded from the cyanogenmod website...

I dont think that you understand what eddie is saying. Yes you have flashed cm7.2 rom, but you havent flashed the optimized cm7r2 hboot. First you need to s-off though, which i dont think you have done yet. Correct?

Also cm7 doesnt come with any a2sd script by default, so nothing is being moved. You need to seperately flash a2sd, or install m2sd from the playstore.

First you should s-off though.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromium For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Chromium Ad-Free
12th October 2013, 10:47 PM |#25  
OP Junior Member
Flag San Jose

More
It is s-off already, what I think is that I need the optimized cm7 and a2sd zip file so I can flash them.
Can you give me the links?

12th October 2013, 11:16 PM |#26  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 6,575

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

It is s-off already, what I think is that I need the optimized cm7 and a2sd zip file so I can flash them.
Can you give me the links?

OK.
-create a nandroid backup
-Download the hboot
http://alpharev.nl/PB99IMG_cm7r2.zip
-Rename it to 'PB99IMG.zip', and put it on the root of your sdcard
-Turn the phone off. Then boot into the boot loader with volume down and power. Wait a few seconds and it should look for the file and find it. It will then ask if you want to install it, so press volume up to say yes then reboot.

Let us know when that's done.

Sent using xda-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromium For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Chromium Ad-Free
12th October 2013, 11:18 PM |#27  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 671

More
Quote:

So you downloaded the official ROM, however it does not have an A2SD script built in as standard.

Changing hboot merely optimises it for space, read my post again, try to understand before progressing

So you download cm7r2 hboot from alpharev.nl, find the cm7r2.img, verify the md5sum using something like "md5check"

Flash it using fastboot EDIT: method posted above is an alternative and easier, this one is just more thorough

After reinstalling the ROM, i remember you can use an app instead of flashing a script to use the sd-ext partition.

Try S2E or A2SDGUI, they do effectively the same thing. Choose to move apps and dalvik cache to sd-ext.
The Following User Says Thank You to eddiehk6 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eddiehk6 Ad-Free
13th October 2013, 04:55 PM |#28  
OP Junior Member
Flag San Jose

More
Tutorial Another question...
Well Now on that I have my phone working as intended, I would like to know, do you recommend me to download APK's from websites if I see something funny or so? the thing is, where can I download really good APK's for games or apps???

Thanks in advance
13th October 2013, 05:41 PM |#29  
Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Thanks Meter: 3,459

More
Quote:

Well Now on that I have my phone working as intended, I would like to know, do you recommend me to download APK's from websites if I see something funny or so? the thing is, where can I download really good APK's for games or apps???

Thanks in advance

The Play Store. Except for ad blockers or the few apps that weren't released on the play store, you don't need to download APKs from sites.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abaaaabbbb63 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift abaaaabbbb63 Ad-Free
23rd September 2019, 03:49 PM |#30  

More
roohtc desire a8181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromium

The desire comes with sense 2.3 gingerbread. Sense is HTC's skin that they overlay ontop of the android operating system. Although it may look nice (doesnt really look that good to me), it is heavy and causes decreases in performance. When you s-off your device, and install a custom recovery you will be able to flash an aosp based custom rom. Aosp = android open source project, and basically means stock pure android...nothing running on top. As you can probably predict, this will result in faster speeds, less ram usage, and better battery. I think that answers the first few questions.

Next Ill move on to how to root it (make your phone good). I honestly think the term "root" is deceiving to most new users. I see people asking "how do i root my phone", but i think what they really want is to install a custom recovery and flash a custom rom. Being rooted on stock rom is pointless to me. Custom roms are where the good stuff is at.

Post your bootloader details here and ill walk you through the process. To get these details turn the phone off, then hold power + volume down until the phone boots into the bootloader. It should look similar to. Post all of the first couple of lines at the top. The whole process summarized is this: s-off, install custom recovery, flash custom rom

There are also some other things that i would recommend doing so that you can have extra space for apps (you probably noticed you barely have any space at the moment), but ill get to that later when i give you more instructions.

hi there, here r my boot loader are u still watching this post and advising how to root this model. thanx
BRAVO PVT1 SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-0.93.0001
MICROP-031D
TOUCH PANEL-SYNT0101
RADIO-5.11.05.27
Aug 10 2010,17:52:18
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)