FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

**What phone should I buy next?** -- Not sure what device to buy? Ask here!

14,560 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,274

By KidCarter93, Retired Forum Moderator on 22nd August 2012, 12:26 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd September 2019, 05:52 AM |#11771  
Thanks Meter: 150

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by terky69

I need to get a couple rootable phones for cheap. Im thinking some cheap prepaid ones from walmart or walgreens. doesnt matter what carrier, I wont actually be using the cell service.

So, Does anyone know what devices are easy to root and if there is a root walkthrough for them? I have only rooted 1 phone so am not very expirienced, but can follow directions.

Do some research! Look at phones you may want to buy and then see if there are forums here with rooting information.
23rd September 2019, 06:34 AM |#11772  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lu99ke

Do some research! Look at phones you may want to buy and then see if there are forums here with rooting information.

Thanks for the very helpful response.

Was hoping sombeody would just tell me exactly what phones are cheap and easily rooted. They dont need to be Cadillacs, just rootable. They arent for me so I dont care what they are, i just need them rooted for 1 very specific purpose.
23rd September 2019, 08:25 AM |#11773  

More
Quote:

Was hoping sombeody would just tell me exactly what phones are cheap and easily rooted. They dont need to be Cadillacs, just rootable. They arent for me so I dont care what they are, i just need them rooted for 1 very specific purpose.

You are welcome.

But seriously, I wasn't trying to be a dick - apologies if it came over like that. But if you would like someone's perspective, that's cool, but you need to provide SOME context other than "cheap & rootable" - where are you located? What is cheap to you? have you even looked at any phones? Are you happy to buy imported / second hand? etc etc etc...

You cannot really expect others to go and do your work for you if you do not do at least some work yourself.

Just saying.

Peace.
23rd September 2019, 08:36 AM |#11774  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Quote:

for example

i could suggest 2 samsung s10 plus. given i make 5000 dollars per month, 2 s10 plus are quite cheap. since you didnt gave us any clue about your budget, i assume you also make 5000 dollars per month. good luck with your project.
23rd September 2019, 12:26 PM |#11775  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I actually have a note 10 plus. These phones are for my parents so they can play movies on their car stereos, like I can with my rooted note 4.

Im in the us. They can be second hand. I'm not gonna spend 1000 for a phone that will literally never be used or come out of the car. All I need to do is be able to circumvent android auto blocking Plex playing videos, so they can stream movies on long road trips. More than anything I just want to see if I can do it.

My mom has a verizon note 8, my dad has a verizon note 5. Neither one seems to be rootable. I didn't
want to spend much, maybe 100 max. Was hoping I could just get a prepaid android phone and be able to root it.

I would prefer samsung, just cuz I like samsung but it doesn't really matter.

Also, the title of the thread is literally "not sure what phone to buy? Ask here!" I guess I was mistaken when I took that literally.
24th September 2019, 02:48 AM |#11776  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
So I retract my previous post there. I was with a friend over the weekend, we went up into the mountains and he ended up taking some photos that turned out *amazing* with his phone, a Galaxy S10 Plus.

I'm guessing it's because of the dual cameras. That being said, are there any phones with easily unlockable bootloaders and dual cameras for under $200? I'm willing to spend a bit more given how great those photos came out.
24th September 2019, 05:10 AM |#11777  
Thanks Meter: 1,769

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raresh T

for example

i could suggest 2 samsung s10 plus. given i make 5000 dollars per month, 2 s10 plus are quite cheap. since you didnt gave us any clue about your budget, i assume you also make 5000 dollars per month. good luck with your project.

d*mn!! need an apprentice

err on the side of kindness
24th September 2019, 07:29 AM |#11778  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Quote:

I actually have a note 10 plus. These phones are for my parents so they can play movies on their car stereos, like I can with my rooted note 4.

Im in the us. They can be second hand. I'm not gonna spend 1000 for a phone that will literally never be used or come out of the car. All I need to do is be able to circumvent android auto blocking Plex playing videos, so they can stream movies on long road trips. More than anything I just want to see if I can do it.

My mom has a verizon note 8, my dad has a verizon note 5. Neither one seems to be rootable. I didn't
want to spend much, maybe 100 max. Was hoping I could just get a prepaid android phone and be able to root it.

Also, the title of the thread is literally "not sure what phone to buy? Ask here!" I guess I was mistaken when I took that literally.

where did you searched mate ? i literally searched 5 minutes and found forums on xda on how to root note 8 and note 5 with success. gives the preference for samsung and the price tag, you could go with a ex flagship, between the samsung s3 - s6. they have custom roms with pie. learn to search better. dont be lazy and do your homework !!
24th September 2019, 09:19 PM |#11779  

More
Quote:

Try moto C or E series .... Cheap and generally good d be support as they are very popular in Brazil.

Alternatively, Nokia 2 or 3 series. Same thing.
The Following User Says Thank You to lu99ke For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lu99ke Ad-Free
26th September 2019, 02:58 AM |#11780  
Flag Louisville
Thanks Meter: 187

Donate to Me
More
**What phone should I buy next?** -- Not sure what device to buy? Ask here!
I know its not the 6t, but what's the best tablet with root support and good ROM development. It does NOT have to have T-Mobile capability but would like TMobile sim support. I have issues with someone emulators on my 6t so looking to play in tablets
27th September 2019, 06:11 PM |#11781  
Thanks Meter: 381

More
When I went to upgrade from my Nexus 7 tablets a while back the only acceptable replacement I could find was the Samsung Tab S2 (T813 or T713 different screen sizes). Both are unlockable and have good custom ROM support and have official LOS16 support. No SIM card though, just WIFI only. I was able to easily find 4 new ones a couple years ago. Not sure what you'll find now. I looked recently and didn't see support for any newer tablets.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
device, new device, new phone, phone, tablet, what to buy, what to choose

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)