I received a second “bravo”, which means I can now split between “with Google” and “Open Source / Security / Privacy” ☻ (also got to use a company SIM on one for 2FA).
I’ve installed the LS-KK-v3.2-2016-07-22-bravo.zip image on it, whereas my old bravo still runs the LS-KK-v3.2-2015-12-06-bravo.zip image. Observations:
• Still no Gallery äpp, but Gallery2.apk from cm-11-20150815-UNOFFICIAL-bravo.zip copied to /system/app/ works just fine.
• The Bluetooth fix from https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...3&postcount=99 is applied already.
• The package installer fix from https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=184 is not applied. The PKZIP archive file I’ve attached to that post is the correct one for the 2016-07-22 ROM.
• Switching from Dalvik to ART makes the 2016-07-22 system no longer boot (SIGBUS in dex2oat), but switching back via adb shell → su → setprop persist.sys.dalvik.vm.lib libdvm.so → Enter → reboot makes it work; thanks https://android.stackexchange.com/a/66977/55417 for the help.
Edit: oops, no, I’m apparently also running Dalvik on the other device. Gapps is what makes things sloooooow. (Or maybe swap or ksm.)
• I’ve used a2sd install → y → n → n and then a2sd xdata, as on the other device, because äpps are just too fat these days, but with a decent fast µSD card.
• open_gapps-arm-4.4-pico-20190924.zip won’t install, I have about 25.9*MB free on /system and it wants almost 90*MB… we’ll see what we can do about that…
I guess, with using xdata, I could use a differently partitioned HBOOT which has a larger /system and smaller /data? Current usage is:
~ # df Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on tmpfs 208076 32 208044 0% /dev /dev/block/mtdblock4 5120 800 4320 16% /cache /dev/block/mtdblock3 256000 230084 25916 90% /system /dev/block/mtdblock5 187008 67760 119248 36% /data /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 4128448 70044 4058404 2% /sd-ext /dev/block/mmcblk0p3 516040 16404 499636 3% /sd-ext2