1,119 posts
Thanks Meter: 22

By airxtreme, Retired Recognized Developer on 31st August 2010, 04:18 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th September 2010, 01:36 PM |#11  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 506

More
Awesome, just what i was looking for!! thanks buddy !!!
10th September 2010, 11:04 PM |#12  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by v-b-n

It would be really helpful if all these tools could be combined into 1 single gui... I am working on this now...and also for the reg validator it would be great if it could scan recursively a folder and validate all reg files in it instead of single files ( I am creating the workaround for this in the GUI )

I didn't add a GUI because since the kitchen already scans all the packages for invalid registry entries it would have been redundant to have another GUI to do the same but feel free to write one if you want, it certainly wouldn't hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-b-n

@airxtreme : Is it possible that the application can return the result as string instead of popup... ?

I don't know what you mean with string but I added a commandline version that you can run from your application. If you want I can directly send you the c# class file that does all the checking so you can build a standalone registry scanner without having to launch the tool for each file.
11th September 2010, 03:05 AM |#13  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 965

Donate to Me
More
Ok...thanks the command line version should be perfect... I personally found so many errors in the registry ...lol

Thanks a bunch for the tool !
10th March 2016, 02:18 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 187

Donate to Me
More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by airxtreme

Description
This tool parses a .REG file to find all the invalid entries.

How to use
Drag&drop the .REG file on the tool and a list of the wrong entries will be immediately shown.

Changelog

• 1.00beta2: fixed issues with dwords with wrong value length and added support for REG_NONE hexadecimal strings and added a command-line version
  • 1.00beta1: initial release

Hi,

I know this post is old but I was looking for a .reg file validator so I found the thread.

I've removed lot of lines from a reg file with Regex and wanted to validate the output and everything was fine (as it should be) according to the validator But right after I tried it again with a complete export of a Reg Key from Windows 10 that I know good and it throw some errors like:
Code:
Error at line 5825: the registry value type specified next to the hexadecimal values prefix is not recognized as a valid registry value type.

Error at line 5826: the registry entry was not recognized.
And there is no error, so I'd like to know if you have a more recent/updated version somewhere.

It would be useful to double check when editing manually and also when I extract some part/value of the registry to be sure formatting is fine.

Also the pop up don't work when the error log is to big I had to Copy the output of the Validator with CTRL-C and paste it in my editor to see them

Best Regards !
25th September 2019, 02:19 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
bug(version): Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
Sorry, I can't add links and images to my reply due to restrictions for new users.

1. Summary

If Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 in file beginning, Registry File Validator show an error:

Quote:

Error at line 1: the registry entry was not recognized

Unfortunately, the source code of the program is not open, and I can't fix this bug.

2. Argumentation

“Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00” RegistryEditorVersion required for Windows 2000 and above.

Without this line we can't, for example, merge my KiraREG.reg file via reg import KiraREG.reg or regedit /S KiraREG.reg commands.

3. Data

Example valid D:\SashaTwickenham\KiraREG.reg file:

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"uTorrent"=-
4. Steps to reproduce

I downloaded and unpacked Registry File (.REG) Validator v1.00beta2 → I ran command:

Code:
"Registry Files Validator.exe" D:\SashaTwickenham\KiraREG.reg
5. Expected behavior

No errors.

6. Actual behavior

Quote:

Error at line 1: the registry entry was not recognized

Thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)