[Q] Logging out of Play Store

Search This thread

eoinzy

Feb 22, 2011
Dublin
www.dingostew.com
Hi,

I was doing a favour for someone who asked me to root their Kindle and install the Play Store.

I did this and I tested it with my own gmail account and everything is working perfect. However, now I want to give them back their tablet, but I can't see where I can remove my account/logout from the Play Store. Obviously, giving them back the tablet with my account logged in is out of the question.

I tried going into Applications and clearing the app's data. I also tried wiping the data in Titanium Backup. Neither worked.

Can anyone help me here?

Thanks.

D

Deleted member 5163087

Do you have 2-Step Verification enabled in your Gmail account? You could try revoking access to the device from your account management page I think.

eoinzy

Feb 22, 2011
Dublin
www.dingostew.com
No, I don't have 2 step verification.
Would it be worth my time to enable it just so this persons Play Store won't log me in? Surely there must be a way I can remove the Play Store, reinstall it, and let them log in?

When I was installing it initially, the steps told me to log in, and then continue with further steps where it upgrades the Play Store to the latest version and does some other stuff. If I could delay those steps, or put them into a shell script to be run from the terminal once this person logged in, then I suppose that would be good too.

Thanks.

mrkhigh

Dec 6, 2012
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 3
Had this problem on a cheap tablet that I got play store on for a friend, add another account (theirs) then you can remove yours

Sent from my GT-P3110 using xda app-developers app

eoinzy

Feb 22, 2011
Dublin
www.dingostew.com
Hi,

Thanks but that doesnt work either. The problem is that the actual "Accounts and Sync" menu isnt in the settings. The only indication I have of my account is in the Play Store app, when you go into Menu and Accounts. Its related to the locked down version of the Kindle OS I think.

It looks like I might have to wipe the whole tablet and put on a custom ROM.

eoinzy

Feb 22, 2011
Dublin
www.dingostew.com
Actually. I think I figured out a way of doing this.

I had my gmail account setup to use the Play Store, and had Gmail synced apparently. Then I added a second account but I hadnt opened the Gmail app yet. When I did, it asked me to setup sync for my second account since it was the first time I'd opened Gmail since I added the 2nd one. This gives a link to the default Android "Accounts & Sync" menu, in the form of a button at the bottom of the app.

I was able to go in there and delete my 2 accounts. So it seems we can get into the Accounts menu through a back door in Gmail! :D

PS, I tried it again to add the 2 accounts and make sure I could reproduce it, but it just went to my Gmail inbox and showed me my emails for my first account. Then I pressed the drop down menu up the top left of the app and it showed my 2 inboxes. I clicked the 2nd one and it then gave me the sync menu buttons again and I could reproduce it, ie delete both my accounts.

Now if only I could get the menu/nav bar to stay on when I don't unlock it straight away after a reboot, then I'd be done!

Last edited:

jokerulez

Apr 22, 2010
How did you you added a second account?

Hi, I'm exactly in this same situation.

Actually. I think I figured out a way of doing this.

I had my gmail account setup to use the Play Store, and had Gmail synced apparently. Then I added a second account

How did you added a second account?

but I hadnt opened the Gmail app yet. When I did, it asked me to setup sync for my second account since it was the first time I'd opened Gmail since I added the 2nd one. This gives a link to the default Android "Accounts & Sync" menu, in the form of a button at the bottom of the app.

I was able to go in there and delete my 2 accounts. So it seems we can get into the Accounts menu through a back door in Gmail! :D

PS, I tried it again to add the 2 accounts and make sure I could reproduce it, but it just went to my Gmail inbox and showed me my emails for my first account. Then I pressed the drop down menu up the top left of the app and it showed my 2 inboxes. I clicked the 2nd one and it then gave me the sync menu buttons again and I could reproduce it, ie delete both my accounts.

Now if only I could get the menu/nav bar to stay on when I don't unlock it straight away after a reboot, then I'd be done!

braider

Jan 22, 2013
Did you try the Google account from the settings menu. Tap on Google account then account name then remove. Then add new account.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire2 using xda app-developers app

Kas101

Feb 11, 2019
Possible fix

When I downloaded Google Play onto my fire 10 HD I downloaded 4 apk (Google services framework, Google play services, Google account manager and Google play store)
Once I'd done that I mistakenly logged into Play on the wrong account.
When I went back to the home screen there was a 'Google setting' app icon there.
I tapped that icon and went to 'Google Account - info, security & personalisation', from there if you tap the small arrow at the end of the email address it gives you the option to use another account.
I added the other account and am now able to switch between email accounts.
Hope that helps.

Reactions: Parafly

Parafly

Mar 20, 2011
Uxbridge
www.alpinezone.com
When I downloaded Google Play onto my fire 10 HD I downloaded 4 apk (Google services framework, Google play services, Google account manager and Google play store)
When I went back to the home screen there was a 'Google setting' app icon there.
I tapped that icon and went to 'Google Account - info, security & personalisation', from there if you tap the small arrow at the end of the email address it gives you the option to use another account.
Hope that helps.

That worked to add an account but i'm still not sure how to delete the other one!

Jio Ambani

Aug 28, 2019
Log Out of PLaystore Remotely

Hi,

I was doing a favour for someone who asked me to root their Kindle and install the Play Store.

I did this and I tested it with my own gmail account and everything is working perfect. However, now I want to give them back their tablet, but I can't see where I can remove my account/logout from the Play Store. Obviously, giving them back the tablet with my account logged in is out of the question.

I tried going into Applications and clearing the app's data. I also tried wiping the data in Titanium Backup. Neither worked.

Can anyone help me here?

Thanks.
This is quite easy and a two-minute task:
  • Open Plyastore on your PC/Laptop
  • Sign in to the play store using the same Gmail ID you want to remove from any device.
  • Once signed in Navigate to the setting by clicking on the Gear icon on the upper right corner of the screen.
  • Here you will find all the devices connected to your account.
  • Simply click and remove the device.
  • This will help you to remove the device or logout of the play store remotely.

Xander373

Feb 7, 2020
This is the easiest and most effective way.

As @eoinzy & @Chotkach mentioned (Thank you)

1. Install Gmail app (Don't question it. Just do it)
Sign in.
Go to setting.
Manage account and here you can easily remove Play Store information.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Possible fix

Hope that helps.