[Kitkat] CM11 Android 4.4.4 for the Droid X (2015)

Search This thread

palmbeach05

Oct 12, 2012
Motorola Atrix HD
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III
Wow I cannot tell you how surprised I am that anyone released an update to a Droid X Rom. I still use mine occasionally as a music player so I'll definitely be flashing it. Thanks a bunch.

No problem. I don't know if i'll be doing a final build from source or not. I'm wrapped up in a twrp update battle right now for my daily device. But i will look at things later
@m.ksy if there is anything i need to know about building this thing let me know. I have no experience with building a rom w/bootstrap

palmbeach05

Oct 12, 2012
Motorola Atrix HD
I don't know if it works. I still have to unpack and merge into project......

Attachments

• IMG_20190906_085822.jpg
    IMG_20190906_085822.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 173

palmbeach05

Oct 12, 2012
Motorola Atrix HD
After multiple tests, i have been able to build los11 from scratch. However, i am being stalled by a deep sleep bug. Let the phone go to sleep for a few mins, and try to hit power button or home button to wake, and it refuses to wake. Needs a battery pull.

Wifi also broke, which is odd b/c i had it working in a previous build.

Magisk has not been tried, but since my last build finally compiled a boot.img rather than making me copy and paste what i needed, i may try out a magisk implementation.

--------------------------------------------
Update 1

In a trial and error plug and play with our cm11, i have fixed wifi and solved the deep sleep bug. I will now look to see what can be done about tge discovered camera issue and the possibility of magisk.

Update 2

Magisk patched boot.img does boot, but it looks like i need to manually add magisk manager. Camera issue still exists

Last edited:

palmbeach05

Oct 12, 2012
Motorola Atrix HD
@palmbeach05 Didn't even know you were still messing with ol shadow. I've been out of the game for years, but if you need help let me know. My X is about 5k miles away so can't test, but some extra eyes might help :)

Lol, i got bored. My devs for my main device are working on 10 (trying to before testers like me can try it out and before i can start working on updating twrp). I've got to get the camera up and running (priority #1) before i can even think about a release. And i need to seriously look at the kernel, i think 3.0 is doable (priority #2) if i can figure out how to upstream.

More than open to a few suggestions. Right now i just nuked my current repo sync'd trees, brought it back to cm-2014 based trees, and am working on troubleshooting it from there. Camera is my focus. You can always reach out to me here or on hangouts.

One thing i forgot to mention, (happened after my last post), i modified 5.0 bootable recovery source to get a working twrp 2.8.5, but no real use since 2.8.1 is more than good for kk. ***will remain as twrp 2.8.5 as 2.8.7 has some reboot issues that require a battery pull to exit twrp***

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobcus Leper

palmbeach05

Oct 12, 2012
Motorola Atrix HD
@palmbeach05 Didn't even know you were still messing with ol shadow. I've been out of the game for years, but if you need help let me know. My X is about 5k miles away so can't test, but some extra eyes might help :)
@Oggie7797 @m.ksy @Aaahh i do need a hand with a strange issue dealing with android_hardware_ti_wlan, auto config output file wants to give me a whole bunch of errors regarding an endif without if, but clearly there should be no issue, as it worked for everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobcus Leper

0graham0

Jul 12, 2013
*****CM11 Update*****(Projected Final Release)*******

Ported from @walter79's last release

Changelog
-Base: cm-11-20150112-UNOFFICIAL-shadow
-Port: lineage-11-20180813-UNOFFICIAL-mb52x
-Sync'd up to 08/13/2018
@m.ksy's and @Aaahh's 1/24/15 kernel
-Busybox updated to 1.30.1
-Supersu updated to Chainfire's SuperSU v2.82-SR5 (includes Pro option)
-@oggie7797's init.d scripts added
-CM12's compatible music app added
-Areo Control (updated to v2.2.2), OmniSwitch, Seeder apps included
-cmdline updated to reflect mb52x builds

Install instructions
-Backup current CM11
-Wipe data, cache, dalvik, and system
-Flash rom
-DO NOT FLASH GAPPS
-Restore data only from your backup

NOTICE
As you all can see, there has been discussion regarding gapps. In the best interest of device performance, it is not recommended to flash any gapps package until a fix is found. Gmail should work if restored from backup.

Stagefright vulnerabilities still exist, as any attempt to port the patched system/lib files results in a bootloop.

Defy kernels (rom and recovery) do run, however it is not included. Camera borks, cdma signal disabled if included for ROM, vibration disabled if included for recovery.

Magisk not added.

This is to be expected as the final update and/or port unless a repo sync and build from scratch is done.

Download

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cRylxlEVZouEUrihOqtrDqeoUoofvTdY
anybody have a mirror of this file?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Video] Installing CM11 on the Motorola Droid X (MB810)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instructions for installing CM11 on Motorola Droid X:
    1. If you're on a custom ROM already (CM, MIUI, LiquidICS, etc.) goto step 6.
    2. Download Droid 2 Recovery Bootstrapper CWM 5.0.2.0,
      Framaroot: newer versions may not work Framaroot-1.4.1.apk (XDA) - AFH - RootJunky - Mega -
      Framaroot.apk
      , twrp_2.7_cm11_dx.zip, latest gapps, and ROM to sdcard from one of the storages: MEGA, Mediafire, GDrive.
    3. On phone: Settings->Applications(Enable Unknown sources)->Development->Enable USB Debugging.
    4. Install Framaroot.apk, launch it and select "Gimli", reboot you're phone.
    5. Install Droid2RecoveryBootstrap_CWM5.0.2.0.apk, launch it, select "Bootstrap Recovery", grant Superuser access and reboot phone.
    6. Reboot phone into CWM Recovery or if you on stock firmware launch Droid X Bootstrapper and press "Reboot Recovery".
    7. In CWM choose wipe data/factory reset (this will completely delete all your data on phone except sdcard), then install zip from sdcard and select twrp_cm11_dx.zip.
    8. Reboot system.
    9. (It's touch) Recovery -> Team Win Recovery.
    10. In TWRP choose Install and select ROM, then slide, then make the same with gapps.
    11. After install press Reboot system.

Additional:

• If you want to format data and cache partitions to ext4, you'll need to flash data_cache_2ext4.zip. To revert the partitions back to ext3, you'll need to wipe data/factory reset in stock recovery.
    In both cases you loose your files on these partitions.
    It at a point turns on and off the display and buttons, its not off, be patient.

Upgrading:
    1. Reboot to recovery.
    2. Select "Backup"
    3. Check all boxes that apply, then swipe.
    4. Once finished, go back to the main menu.
    5. Select "Wipe -> Advanced Wipe".
    6. Check all boxes that apply but "sdcard" then swipe.
    7. Return to main menu again.
    8. Select "Install".
    9. Find and select the latest version of the ROM that is saved on your sdcard, then select "Add More Zips" and find the latest version of Gapps that is on your sdcard, swipe.
    10. Select "Reboot System". Enjoy!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Live support:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Supported languages:

• Arabic - Egypt (makes a difference!!)
    • Chinese - China (maybe simplified)
    • Chinese - Taiwan
    • Czech - Czech
    • Danish - Denmark
    • Dutch - Netherlands
    • English - U.S, British, Indian
    • French - France
    • German - Germany
    • Hebrew - Israel
    • Hungarian - Hungary
    • Italian - Italy
    • Korean - Korea
    • Modern Greek - Greece
    • Polish - Poland
    • Portuguese - Brazil
    • Romanian - Romania
    • Russian - Russia
    • Spanish - Spain
    • Swedish - Sweden
    • Ukrainian - Ukrainian

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bugs:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Preformence Guide:

• About phone --> Click Build number 8 times Necessary for the two below
    • Developer Options --> At the Bottom: Select runtime --> ART (its truely an art)
    • Performance --> Force high-end graphics(optional)
    • Aero Control (play store) -->Menu --> CPU Performance --> Govenor Settings --> smartass
    • Aero Control (play store) --> Menu --> GPU Control --> GPU Control
    • Aero Control (play store) --> Menu --> Memory Tuning --> Low Memory Option
    • Aero Control (play store) --> Menu --> Memory Tuning --> IO Scheduler --> deadline
    • Aero Control (play store) --> Settings --> Reboot check mark...
    • Clear cache from twrp
    Feel free to suggest more, This is what help Preformence tons...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Links:

Updates:

- CM repo sync
    - Quarx's repo sync
    - fixed BT headset audio
    - fixed no digits on clock and ringing alarm screens
    - leave only MPEG4 codec for camcorder(again)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I made a installer app, Why dont you give it a try? (BUGGED ABIT)

XDA:DevDB Information
    MotoDX-CM11, ROM for the Motorola Droid X

Contributors
    Aaahh, m.ksy, sd_shadow, Aaahh
    Source Code: https://github.com/MotoDX-CM11

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 2.6.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP 2.6.3.0||2.7.0.0
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 12.26
    Stable Release Date: 2014-12-26
    Current Beta Version: 09.30
    Beta Release Date: 2014-09-30

Created 2014-07-24
    Last Updated 2015-12-13
    cm-11-20140301-UNOFFICIAL-shadow.zip for testing. ROM that I have built before moving repo sources on to safestrap. asset already deleted. And some screenshots :D Also, for me data partition mounted automaticaly and I don't got bootloop (system started for a few seconds after installing in twrp) and FC's on system starting.

New CM11: cm-11-20141226-UNOFFICIAL-shadow.zip
    Finally my studying in univercity completed (with excellent results) :) And now I have more time for develop.
    New KitKat

New ROM - cm-11-20140409-UNOFFICIAL-shadow.zip

MEGA, Mediafire, GDrive
    md5: 00c20ad50e6432ef7c8acb2ed8e58f6c

Changelog:

- CM repo sync
    - fix stuck on reboot
    New KitKat

New ROM - cm-11-20140416-UNOFFICIAL-shadow.zip

MEGA, Mediafire, GDrive
    md5: aa5ba1ced46fdde39a1d637f25f81044

Changelog:

- CM repo sync (new theme engine, etc.)
    - fix in call audio switching (BT also, but only scratch may hear)
    - Defy's files cleanup
    - deleted some GSM stuff
    - cap battery level at 100%