Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][Root][OFFICIAL] AdAway v4.3.0 :: [2019-11-01]

595 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,832

Post Reply Email Thread
5th October 2019, 11:20 PM |#13911  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Working fine with all apps except youtube.
The Following User Says Thank You to Serecomputing For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Serecomputing Ad-Free
5th October 2019, 11:23 PM |#13912  
Thanks Meter: 654

More
Lol damn thanks button, wrong click. It doesn't work with YouTube because the urls/ips are hardcoded. There's other options lien YouTube Vance's for that.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Ch3vr0n For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ch3vr0n Ad-Free
5th October 2019, 11:39 PM |#13913  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aringler

Yes I did, but the module screen still looks like:

Got it working.
Turned out that magisk was only running with basic functions and didn't load any modules..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191005-233721_1.png
Views:	1930
Size:	248.8 KB
ID:	4836321  
The Following User Says Thank You to aringler For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aringler Ad-Free
6th October 2019, 07:36 AM |#13914  
Flag North East
Thanks Meter: 1,438

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serecomputing

Working fine with all apps except youtube.

Get YouTube vanced lol don't use the official app
6th October 2019, 11:01 AM |#13915  
Thanks Meter: 450

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheetzie03

Get YouTube vanced lol don't use the official app

Or, you know, Newpipe.
The Following User Says Thank You to andy356 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift andy356 Ad-Free
6th October 2019, 04:06 PM |#13916  
Thanks Meter: 81

More
I can't seem to get Adaway to request root on android 10. Every other app will request root, but for some reason I can't get Adawy 4.2.9 to request it. 3.3 will request but won't apply hosts file. I have systemless module enabled, core only mode is disabled.

I'm at a loss, this is driving me nuts as I really can't function without adaway working. I keep trying, only to end up going back to pie due to it not working. Any help would be appreciated.

Pixel 1 XL
LOS 10 unofficial

Edit: Not sure why it double posted within the same post.
6th October 2019, 05:16 PM |#13917  
Flag CT
Thanks Meter: 692

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akomack

I can't seem to get Adaway to request root on android 10. Every other app will request root, but for some reason I can't get Adawy 4.2.9 to request it. 3.3 will request but won't apply hosts file. I have systemless module enabled, core only mode is disabled.

I'm at a loss, this is driving me nuts as I really can't function without adaway working. I keep trying, only to end up going back to pie due to it not working. Any help would be appreciated.

Pixel 1 XL
LOS 10 unofficial

I'm having the exact same issue on official Android 10 rom on OnePlus 7 Pro. Any help is greatly appreciated!
6th October 2019, 06:34 PM |#13918  
Thanks Meter: 2,434

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akomack

Pixel 1 XL
LOS 10 unofficial

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxBrun0xx

I'm having the exact same issue on official Android 10 rom on OnePlus 7 Pro. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Are you using the canary channel Magic and matching Magisk manager? I think that is v19.5 at this time.

Have you looked in MM -> Superuser to see is Adaway is listed?

Have you looked in MM -> log to see if there is a request?
The Following User Says Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
6th October 2019, 08:15 PM |#13919  
Flag CT

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

Are you using the canary channel Magic and matching Magisk manager? I think that is v19.5 at this time.

Have you looked in MM -> Superuser to see is Adaway is listed?

Have you looked in MM -> log to see if there is a request?

I'm on canary (19.5). Adaway is not listed in Superuser and the log shows no sign of a request from Adaway. So somehow it's not actually requesting root
6th October 2019, 08:23 PM |#13920  
Thanks Meter: 2,434

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxBrun0xx

I'm on canary (19.5). Adaway is not listed in Superuser and the log shows no sign of a request from Adaway. So somehow it's not actually requesting root

Since Adaway is working on Android 10 for others, my best guess is the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest4711

So it looks like your /data/adb/magisk.db is broken (our your Magisk Manager is not in sync with your Magisk). In this database all settings for Magisk Hide and Magisk SU are stored.

To check it, boot into TWRP, use internal filemanager to move this db out of the way (rename it to magisk.db.save e.g.) and reboot. Then try again.
If it does not solve your problem, you may boot into TWRP again and put your saved database back into place...

Good Luck!

The Following User Says Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
6th October 2019, 08:30 PM |#13921  
Flag CT

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

Since Adaway is working on Android 10 for others, my best guess is the following:

Twrp actually isn't working on my phone right now, installing magisk broke it and I haven't had a chance to fix it. Maybe it's related. I'll give this a shot, really appreciate the help!

Edit: tried it, all that did was cause me to loose root. Still getting the same error message that root access was denied yet nothing in the magisk logs. I bet the people who have it working on 10 also used it on 9. I'm thinking there may be an issue with the app requesting root for the first time on Android 10, but if root was previously granted, no problem
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ad block, adaway, adblock, adblocker, source

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)