FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Did you find this thread useful?

Yes, it was very helpful to me.

1,608 Vote(s)
64.01%
No, I didn't feel it helped me.

416 Vote(s)
16.56%
I don't know.

488 Vote(s)
19.43%

[HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly.

4,428 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,928

Post Reply Email Thread
7th October 2019, 07:42 PM |#44001  
Thanks Meter: 2,376

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by painx

I have a S4 I9505. What the phone can do: vibrates, turn on, led lights are working, can be detected by the computer. What is the problem: the screen is full black & can't copy any file to the phone. What can I do?

Was the phone dropped? Maybe the display is broken?

Can you boot into recovery and does the display work then?
7th October 2019, 08:36 PM |#44002  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

Was the phone dropped? Maybe the display is broken?

Can you boot into recovery and does the display work then?

The phone worked like a charm. I haven't used the phone for 2-3 months and now can't be booted into anything at all.
Only a vibration when I try to open the phone, LEDS working normal but the screen is complete black.
7th October 2019, 11:33 PM |#44003  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by painx

The phone worked like a charm. I haven't used the phone for 2-3 months and now can't be booted into anything at all.
Only a vibration when I try to open the phone, LEDS working normal but the screen is complete black.

If nothing displays when you use the button combination to boot into recovery, then it must be a damaged display.
8th October 2019, 12:06 AM |#44004  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I am certain i have posted the same post twice now and it seems to have disappeared both times. Is there something this forum doesn't like about you posting a reply too quickly? As i did write it in a document then copy and paste it. So it will have posted a lot in very little time. Is this considered suspicious or something as i can't find my question that i know i posted.
8th October 2019, 01:33 AM |#44005  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGiantHogweed

I am certain i have posted the same post twice now and it seems to have disappeared both times. Is there something this forum doesn't like about you posting a reply too quickly? As i did write it in a document then copy and paste it. So it will have posted a lot in very little time. Is this considered suspicious or something as i can't find my question that i know i posted.

I think you posted in one of the other Q/A threads.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...php?p=80460631

I was going to give you a bit of a smart a** answer in that other thread... I like my iPad for this purpose
8th October 2019, 02:13 AM |#44006  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1,956

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGiantHogweed

The rules are against cross-posting. ie posting the same question in two different threads around the same time. Or even posting the same thing twice within 24hrs may of flagged your post. Have a read of the forum rules to check if you have broke them in anyway.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/announcement.php?a=81
8th October 2019, 04:52 AM |#44007  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 5,081

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyh3ck

Thanks for enlightenment

But we do have a sticker on phone box and behind the phone can't we use that number if we loose IMEI from phone..

Sorry what am I missing

I understand your confusion. And I understand that there are legitimate reasons for editing your IMEI.
The problem is, there are also nefarious reasons for changing the IMEI. A stolen phone that is blacklisted and unusable can be used by doing this. Therefore, guides on editing your IMEI are prohibited here, and also instructions to do so too.
You could try Googling a method, but you may have to take your device to a shop to have your device fixed.
Sorry.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xunholyx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xunholyx Ad-Free
8th October 2019, 10:10 AM |#44008  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJohn

The rules are against cross-posting. ie posting the same question in two different threads around the same time. Or even posting the same thing twice within 24hrs may of flagged your post. Have a read of the forum rules to check if you have broke them in anyway.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/announcement.php?a=81

Edit, sorry it was in another thread. i must have got notifications with a link to this thread because i had visited it. and it made me assume my post had gone. my mistake. Sorry. I should notice the title difference! I probably should have posted it here though as it seems it gets more activity. But i know not to re try now.
8th October 2019, 11:56 AM |#44009  
Flag Skynet
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xunholyx

I understand your confusion. And I understand that there are legitimate reasons for editing your IMEI.
The problem is, there are also nefarious reasons for changing the IMEI. A stolen phone that is blacklisted and unusable can be used by doing this. Therefore, guides on editing your IMEI are prohibited here, and also instructions to do so too.
You could try Googling a method, but you may have to take your device to a shop to have your device fixed.
Sorry.

i have asus zenfone max pro m1 phone i am planning to try some custom rom, as company provided updates are very very pathetic

however i read that many people are loosing their imei details from phone, so just to be safer side, i want to do something so that i do not loose my current imei any process for that,

i do not want to and dont have time to edit imei etc

also do we need to always have to flash firmware and decrypt file whenever we flash a new custom rom.
9th October 2019, 02:10 AM |#44010  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyh3ck

i have asus zenfone max pro m1 phone i am planning to try some custom rom, as company provided updates are very very pathetic

however i read that many people are loosing their imei details from phone, so just to be safer side, i want to do something so that i do not loose my current imei any process for that,

i do not want to and dont have time to edit imei etc

also do we need to always have to flash firmware and decrypt file whenever we flash a new custom rom.

There is a thread in the Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1 forum, that describes backing up and restoring IMEI. However, it also states you need to be on a rooted, stock ROM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
9th October 2019, 01:09 PM |#44011  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi,
I'm in quite a rare situation, somehow I managed to damaged my sim slot, and cannot get it to work, so I was wondering if there's a way to do call forwarding form my old phone, to a device with no SIM. I tried Google voice, but it is not available in my country (Ecuador).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, beginner, confused, guidance, help needed, help thread, lost, newbie, noob, questions and answers

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)