1,758 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,656

By noname81, Senior Member on 2nd November 2011, 08:51 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th October 2019, 08:36 PM |#14011  
Flag Portland, OR
Thanks Meter: 227

More
@rholm: Judging from the first post of this thread, it would *APPEAR* that LMT requires root at least for some of its' functions. Might wanna try that first. I never got LMT to work w/o root, I think it's a hard requirement. Might be wrong.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

[/COLOR @rholm: Judging from the first post of this thread, it would *APPEAR* that LMT requires root at least for some of its' functions. Might wanna try that first. I never got LMT to work w/o root, I think it's a hard requirement. Might be wrong.
6th October 2019, 05:57 PM |#14012  
Thanks Meter: 88

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonVendetta

@rholm: Judging from the first post of this thread, it would *APPEAR* that LMT requires root at least for some of its' functions. Might wanna try that first. I never got LMT to work w/o root, I think it's a hard requirement. Might be wrong.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

[/COLOR @rholm: Judging from the first post of this thread, it would *APPEAR* that LMT requires root at least for some of its' functions. Might wanna try that first. I never got LMT to work w/o root, I think it's a hard requirement. Might be wrong.

It works on Android 9 without root. Some actions require root, but not to launch an application.

Cheers,
Rich
6th October 2019, 06:05 PM |#14013  
Thanks Meter: 66

More
[QUOTE=AnonVendetta;80441867]@rholm: Judging from the first post of this thread, it would *APPEAR* that LMT requires root at least for some of its' functions. Might wanna try that first. I never got LMT to work w/o root, I think it's a hard requirement. Might be wrong.[COLOR="Silver"]

Even with Root it doesn't work on Android 10.
OnePlus 5t DerpFest rom . LMT - my favorite apk .
P.S. I've tried v 3.1_beta2
7th October 2019, 04:52 PM |#14014  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thank you work! LMT launcher is very useful, and i have a little suggestion.

I always set `qemu.hw.mainkeys=1` in system.prop to remove navigation bar and replace it with LMT launcher. but sometimes the LMT will start fail or kill by system(MIUI), but i can't go to the home and start LMT again, because i had remove the navigation bar.

so i write a little tools to add a quick settings tile for start LMT Launcher, i think that you can also add a feature about quick settings tile for start/close LMT service
8th October 2019, 06:34 AM |#14015  
OP Senior Member

More
[QUOTE=rotterdam;80449669]
Quote:

Even with Root it doesn't work on Android 10.
OnePlus 5t DerpFest rom . LMT - my favorite apk .
P.S. I've tried v 3.1_beta2

LMT in general works without root (some actions and gestures/ISAS require root though) and on Android 10. What is not working for you? Is the pie not showing up? No actions triggered? Can you provide a logcat? Thanks!
8th October 2019, 06:36 AM |#14016  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericwyn

Thank you work! LMT launcher is very useful, and i have a little suggestion.

I always set `qemu.hw.mainkeys=1` in system.prop to remove navigation bar and replace it with LMT launcher. but sometimes the LMT will start fail or kill by system(MIUI), but i can't go to the home and start LMT again, because i had remove the navigation bar.

so i write a little tools to add a quick settings tile for start LMT Launcher, i think that you can also add a feature about quick settings tile for start/close LMT service

I just implemented a quick settings tile to start/stop LMT. Will be part of the next beta.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to noname81 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift noname81 Ad-Free
8th October 2019, 07:12 AM |#14017  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noname81

I just implemented a quick settings tile to start/stop LMT. Will be part of the next beta.

I can't wait to experience the next beta.
8th October 2019, 09:30 AM |#14018  
Thanks Meter: 554

More
Edit : ignore
8th October 2019, 12:54 PM |#14019  
Thanks Meter: 88

More
[QUOTE=noname81;80464559]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotterdam

LMT in general works without root (some actions and gestures/ISAS require root though) and on Android 10. What is not working for you? Is the pie not showing up? No actions triggered? Can you provide a logcat? Thanks!

The pie is not showing up. Or, it's not triggering. I am running 3.1 beta 2. I installed it after the Android 10 upgrade on my Pixel 3.

I haven't tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I checked and it has usage and display over other apps enabled.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Rich

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
10th October 2019, 08:27 PM |#14020  
Flag Portland, OR
Thanks Meter: 227

More
The issue I was recently having (on the previous page):

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...ostcount=14009

But it is solved now. As it turns out, there is a common bug in CM-based Marshmallow ROMs, that doesn't allow the granting of usage access to some apps. They don't even appear in the list. And granting the perm with a command doesn't usually work.

Solution:

There is an app called App Ops, available on Play Store, by Rikka. It needs root, ADB, or system perms via Shizuku. This app correctly shows which apps can request usage access, and can be used to grant/deny the perm, bypassing the bug. LMT then shows that usage access is true rather than false.

I have several others that also needed this perm, now working fine too. I had posted this response before but it somehow didn't appear.

If someone has this issue then this post should prove useful. But I am wondering, can you explain why LMT needs usage stats? Pie seems to work fine without it.

Another question:
What is the LMTFrameworkResLayer.apk for? It seems to be for getting rid of the navigation buttons on ROMs that have soft buttons but no hardware buttons, and cannot be disabled otherwise (i.e. some stock firmwares). I tried pasting it into /system/vendor/overlay and settings perms to 0644/rwrr, on reboot nav buttons are gone. But after uninstalling LMT and this APK, my ROM wouldn't boot again! At the time I was using it on ZTE Axon 7 stock firmware.

Can LMT be used to turn the screen off? I've got it work by mapping a pie key to trigger an arbitrary button, using 26 as the value. Screen turns off. But I would like to add a 3-5secs delay so that it works with secure unlock solutions (fingerprint/face/pin/pattern/etc). Does LMT trigger a global secure lock when done this way, or just an insecure root lock? It seems this action only requires root, so that is why I ask.

Good luck on the next beta, I just noticed it now and am trying!

A feature I'd like to see, but I doubt you will consider it: The ability to use LMT as a launcher. I am a minimalist and don't much care for app icons, widgets, and other functions that would be expected from a launcher. Simply having a pie launcher to get around my phone would be enough for me.
11th October 2019, 06:32 AM |#14021  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

The issue I was recently having (on the previous page):

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...ostcount=14009

But it is solved now. As it turns out, there is a common bug in CM-based Marshmallow ROMs, that doesn't allow the granting of usage access to some apps. They don't even appear in the list. And granting the perm with a command doesn't usually work.

Solution:

There is an app called App Ops, available on Play Store, by Rikka. It needs root, ADB, or system perms via Shizuku. This app correctly shows which apps can request usage access, and can be used to grant/deny the perm, bypassing the bug. LMT then shows that usage access is true rather than false.

I have several others that also needed this perm, now working fine too. I had posted this response before but it somehow didn't appear.

If someone has this issue then this post should prove useful. But I am wondering, can you explain why LMT needs usage stats? Pie seems to work fine without it.

Another question:
What is the LMTFrameworkResLayer.apk for? It seems to be for getting rid of the navigation buttons on ROMs that have soft buttons but no hardware buttons, and cannot be disabled otherwise (i.e. some stock firmwares). I tried pasting it into /system/vendor/overlay and settings perms to 0644/rwrr, on reboot nav buttons are gone. But after uninstalling LMT and this APK, my ROM wouldn't boot again! At the time I was using it on ZTE Axon 7 stock firmware.

Can LMT be used to turn the screen off? I've got it work by mapping a pie key to trigger an arbitrary button, using 26 as the value. Screen turns off. But I would like to add a 3-5secs delay so that it works with secure unlock solutions (fingerprint/face/pin/pattern/etc). Does LMT trigger a global secure lock when done this way, or just an insecure root lock? It seems this action only requires root, so that is why I ask.

Good luck on the next beta, I just noticed it now and am trying!

A feature I'd like to see, but I doubt you will consider it: The ability to use LMT as a launcher. I am a minimalist and don't much care for app icons, widgets, and other functions that would be expected from a launcher. Simply having a pie launcher to get around my phone would be enough for me.

Hi, thanks for the info.

Lmt uses usage stats permission to get the currently running apps when lmt has no root. This info is then used for actions like recents in pie or the last app action.

LMTFrameworkResLayer.apk is indeed just a rro overlay, which is independent to lmt and can be used to hide the navbar.

I'm not sure what you mean with screen off and secure lock. Your method just emulates a key input (26). It is the same input, the hardware power button sends to Andoid when pressed. For that delay: lmt's key action has a chaining feature so you can send multiple keys separated by a space, e.g: 26 26 would 2 times send the power button. Also you can longpress a button, e.g. 2026 would hold the power button for 2 seconds. Now combining this, you could just wait 2 seconds and then send power button by 2000 26. If you want to do some more complex stuff, you could write a small bash script as lmt action or use e.g. Tasker.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to noname81 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift noname81 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, gesture, launcher, lmt, pie

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)