FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Guide] Quick And Dirty Return to 100% Stock for Evo 3D/V (S-OFF Only)

9,191 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,682

By ramjet73, Senior Member on 7th February 2013, 06:04 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
31st December 2013, 09:28 PM |#41  
Flag Greenville, SC
Thanks Meter: 1,180

More
Well I see from your other posts you have been digging around. I think Unknownforce's ultimate downgrade tool thread is your best bet. It will work. And yes it does require Linux, but you can download the liveCd version which includes the needed Linux os. You just copy it to a bootable CD/thumb drive and boot it temporarily. If I recall you have do the "brick" the bootloader step twice for it to work which as I recall someone documented in Unknownforce's thread. Once you get the Main version and bootloader downgraded you will be able to run an earlier ruu for s-off or unlock.

Sent from my Up all Night Sleep all Day Nexus 5!
31st December 2013, 09:41 PM |#42  
Thanks Meter: 89

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpgrimm2

Well I see from your other posts you have been digging around. I think Unknownforce's ultimate downgrade tool thread is your best bet. It will work. And yes it does require Linux, but you can download the liveCd version which includes the needed Linux os. You just copy it to a bootable CD/thumb drive and boot it temporarily. If I recall you have do the "brick" the bootloader step twice for it to work which as I recall someone documented in Unknownforce's thread. Once you get the Main version and bootloader downgraded you will be able to run an earlier ruu for s-off or unlock.

Sent from my Up all Night Sleep all Day Nexus 5!

he has a couple guides
the one you were refering to is older i believe and he says is obsolete and say to use this CDMA guide
can you verify this is the correct one i need to follow?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1653777
31st December 2013, 11:11 PM |#43  
Flag Greenville, SC

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by en11gma

he has a couple guides
the one you were refering to is older i believe and he says is obsolete and say to use this CDMA guide
can you verify this is the correct one i need to follow?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1653777

Yes, that is the correct Ultimate Recovery Tool thread to use. It has worked for others in your situation (example). I am trying to find the actual reference to "Bricking it Twice".
31st December 2013, 11:17 PM |#44  
Thanks Meter: 89

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpgrimm2

Yes, that is the correct Ultimate Recovery Tool thread to use. It has worked for others in your situation (example). I am trying to find the actual reference to "Bricking it Twice".

i have been trying to brick it for like 10x
both ways too. with just battery sometimes and sometimes with power cord

cant seem to get it done
btw the phone only boots to the bootloader if i try and turn it on like a normal boot
31st December 2013, 11:22 PM |#45  
Flag Greenville, SC

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by en11gma

i have been trying to brick it for like 10x
both ways too. with just battery sometimes and sometimes with power cord

cant seem to get it done
btw the phone only boots to the bootloader if i try and turn it on like a normal boot

Go ahead and continue any questions over in the Ultimate Recovery Tool thread to keep from cluttering this one up. I will add a few bits of info there.
1st January 2014, 01:43 PM |#46  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Hello guys, i have i evo 3d that it had the motherboard replaced and i managed to get the S-OFF throw Ultimate Recovery Tool 3.1 method thanks to @Unknownforce but now i want to unroot my Evo. I searched the forum and i found a lot of guides but i'm aware that the bootloader can't be unlocked because of the motherboard replacement, so the question is can i use this method even if my bootloader shows - Revolutionary- .
Status - Revolutionary-
Hboot: 1.49.1107
S-OFF
3rd January 2014, 04:38 PM |#47  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramjet73

ramjet73

I need to be sure before i do anything.

I unlocked my device via htc method. And i didn't do any S-OFF. So,i guess this means i have the stock bootloader.
So,now it would be recomanded for me to do an S-OFF and then apply your method. BUT, if i do the S-OFF,will the bootloader be modified in the process ?

Please ramjet,give me an advice.
7th May 2017, 01:09 AM |#48  
S.Florida. U.S.A
Thanks Meter: 2

More
need to return my evo 3d sprint to stock. what is the link for the ruu? if not to stock i need the best custom romm that i can still use the 3d features
13th July 2017, 03:37 PM |#49  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sortilege

need to return my evo 3d sprint to stock. what is the link for the ruu? if not to stock i need the best custom romm that i can still use the 3d features

Me too.

Anyone?

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurdur

Me too.

Anyone?

Found: androidruu.com/?developer=Shooter
9th October 2019, 02:58 AM |#50  
S.Florida. U.S.A
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Any updated links on the best way to return my Sprint HTC Evo 3d to stock? The link in the OP for the ruu is not working. Also wondering if there is a simple faster method.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)