ud4

Apr 9, 2013
Warsaw
Thanks, I managed to get the tabled working (including Gapps + Magisk):
- Factory reset
- Install ROM (2019/10/06)
- Reboot to recovery
- Install GApps (from first post)
- Boot ROM (hard reboot wenn it freezes at bootscreen)
- Shut down, boot to recovery, install Magisk, boot rom
So far ROM, Playstore and Magisk are working. Looks like some settings (like magisk permissions, bluetooth on/off) got lost at reboot.
But biggest problem is - tablet freezes quite often with this rom. It even freezes while it lies on the table - I put it away, screen went a little bit darker after a while - when I take it up some minutes later, tablet is warm and doenst respond to touches or pressing any button. Only possibility is hard reboot.
BR Andi
Hello! I want to try build LOS with 3.1.10 kernel for more smooth and stability :)

iBristlecone

May 12, 2019
Thanks for your work! I flashed the latest 2019/10/06 build from AOSP 7.1.2 after factory reset and it successfully booted. The system did stop working sometimes and I had to do a hard reboot. BTW, I noticed that I couldn't adjust the brightness. Other than that it's exciting so far. Looking forward to your next build!

wilmsn

May 27, 2014
Muenster
wilmie.de
What kind of filesystems are supported?
Can i use f2fs for data and cache?
If i use ext2 or ext4 it does not boot.
With f2fs it stops on the splash screen of LineageOS.

Last edited:

vinibali

Feb 1, 2011
Budapest
What kind of filesystems are supported?
Can i use f2fs for data and cache?
If i use ext2 or ext4 it does not boot.
With f2fs it stops on the splash screen of LineageOS.

same here. f2fs doesn't works even for the cache partition.
@ud4, we could be so happy if you communicate something to us. can we expect some work on your rom?
we are here and ready to help :)

enkrypt3d

Jul 28, 2010
where is the vendor image for this build? Getting vendor mismatch on first boot. sorry if this was already covered...

I need one that matches:
OPM7.181205.001

Thanks!

vinibali

Feb 1, 2011
Budapest
If boot stucks on lineage logo just reboot it same times, I trying to fix it in next build :p

I had to reboot couple of times even with EXT4 cache and data.
I'll wait for the new build.
will F2FS enable in the next kernel config?
would you be able to find the backported sources for the flash-friendly filesystem?

ud4

Apr 9, 2013
Warsaw
I had to reboot couple of times even with EXT4 cache and data.
I'll wait for the new build.
will F2FS enable in the next kernel config?
would you be able to find the backported sources for the flash-friendly filesystem?
F2FS is already enabled in kernel config and device tree.

D

Deleted member 5367514

I clean flashed this ROM yesterday plus gapps and magisk; all good with no major problems. It's a bit hesitant/laggy but seemed functional with no lock-ups or crashes.

Edit: fixed my issue. This is a functional ROM (imho) but it is laggy. I don't blame the ROM at all for that, I think I've reached the limit of my grouper's abilities running android 7.

Last edited by a moderator:

RelapseUK

May 25, 2016
Loughborough
No root access and no recovery mode... now I'm stuck with an os that I cannot use! cannot install Gapps because TWRP needs root. Cannot root because no recovery mode. Catch 22!!!
Please help!!!
It gets worse. Since install Lineage OS, PC not detecting the device... I've tried usb debugging enabled/disabled etc...

Last edited:

00p513

Nov 24, 2019
Woking
Nexus 7
HTC Wildfire S
No root access and no recovery mode... now I'm stuck with an os that I cannot use! cannot install Gapps because TWRP needs root. Cannot root because no recovery mode. Catch 22!!!
Please help!!!
It gets worse. Since install Lineage OS, PC not detecting the device... I've tried usb debugging enabled/disabled etc...

Try pressing power + volume down when you start up. You should end up in a screen with an android robot's belly open.
Reinstall TWRP from there website. Search for grouper in devices. Follow the fastboot install steps ignoring the adb reboot bootloader command.

Wish39

Jan 13, 2015
I can't get this rom to boot on my device. I've installed it multiple times and all it does is bootloop and then freeze.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F6Sh3RB0.png%3F1
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1.0 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github Repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Device-specific source code:

Downloads:

Known Issues:
    • Camera
    • SELinux permissive
    • H/W Encoding/Decoding
    • You tell me

Installation Instructions:
    • Make a backup!
    • Install TWRP recovery with SELinux support. Older recovery will result in a "status 7" error.
    • Download the ROM and GApps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Wipe data/factory reset if coming from stock or another non-CM ROM (You may get a "status 7" error if you fail to wipe.)
    • Flash the ROM
    • Reboot your tablet
    • Enjoy!
    Changelog:
    Code:
    20190929:
    - Initial release
    20191001:
    - Added signature spoofing for microG, binderize sensors and lights HAL, introduce sepolicies (but still permissive)
    20191006:
    - CPU OC to 1.3Ghz, Android GO, Introduce 256MB zRAM
    20200514:
    - Move to 3.1.10 kernel (more stable than 3.4), Remove Android GO, Some other tweaks
    20200515:
    - Yay! GPS Fixed!
    20200522:
    - Add audio configs, enabled triple buffer, move configs to /vendor, vendor warning now gone
    20200706:
    - Latest security patch, Various NFC fixes, Safetynet improvements
    Credits:
    • LineageOS team
    • @Clamor - for his work in Unlegacy and help with 3.1.10 kernel
    • @Ziyann - for his work in Unlegacy
    • @AndDisa - for kernel (3.1.10) and his work in repos
    • @UnlegacyAndroid - for kernel (on 3.4 builds) and tree
    Updated!
    20191006:
    -CPU OC to 1.3Ghz, Android GO, Introduce 256MB zRAM
    This version can show you warning about vendor, just ignore it.
    Hello! Last build is the final build. I didn't have so much time to support this ROM. Maybe I update this ROM soon, but without major changes. Good luck!
    Updated! Changelog: Move to 3.1.10 kernel (more stable than 3.4), Remove Android GO, Some other tweaks
    My plans for your device tree and kernel is to try using them to build LineageOS 16 instead of 15.1. I'll try playing around with them at some point to see if I can get LineageOS 16 to boot using them.