FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

**What phone should I buy next?** -- Not sure what device to buy? Ask here!

14,560 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,274

By KidCarter93, Retired Forum Moderator on 22nd August 2012, 12:26 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th October 2019, 09:39 PM |#11791  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badoolo

What about the Xiaomi Redmi 7A? It has Android 9.0 when buying already.

Have you considered all your alternatives ? I mean the phone is somewhat good. It kind of has some lower specs for 2019. I sometime struggle with my s6, with the same specifications. Struggle meaning i cant run one social app, one news app and youtube at the same time without freezing.
8th October 2019, 10:11 PM |#11792  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raresh T

Have you considered all your alternatives ? I mean the phone is somewhat good. It kind of has some lower specs for 2019. I sometime struggle with my s6, with the same specifications. Struggle meaning i cant run one social app, one news app and youtube at the same time without freezing.

If it's faster than my old Samsung S5 Mini which takes 1+ second for unlocking the screen everything is fine. Opening the Discord app takes 6 to 7 seconds, opening the phone app 2 seconds etc.
16th October 2019, 06:21 PM |#11793  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Gamer Phone Advice
Hello i would like to know which of the following is the best in your opinion:

1- Honor View 20
2- Honor Mate 20
3- Pocophone F1
4- Honor Play

Btw if you have some other options feel free to tell me (budget not more than 350euro)

Cheers
16th October 2019, 07:11 PM |#11794  
Flag Velletri, RM
Thanks Meter: 134

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick87298

Hello i would like to know which of the following is the best in your opinion:

1- Honor View 20
2- Honor Mate 20
3- Pocophone F1
4- Honor Play

Btw if you have some other options feel free to tell me (budget not more than 350euro)

Cheers

I would go with Pocophone F1, I like it a lot ^^
17th October 2019, 08:09 PM |#11795  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Tablet or Phone with MHL or HDMI
Hi there,
I'm looking for a device with at least Android 8.1 that has a physical Video output like MHL or HDMI.
It don't need to play games, but it should play HD videos without lag.

Any guesses?
Cheers
18th October 2019, 01:13 PM |#11796  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoerme

Hi there,
I'm looking for a device with at least Android 8.1 that has a physical Video output like MHL or HDMI.
It don't need to play games, but it should play HD videos without lag.

Any guesses?
Cheers

Well, since you didn't add any preference for price range, for how new a device should be, I suggest the Samsung S5. It has MHL support, Android 9 custom rom.
The Following User Says Thank You to Raresh T For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Raresh T Ad-Free
19th October 2019, 06:29 AM |#11797  

More
I have the sms727vl j7 sky pro, just cant get it rooted. Im a galaxy fan but i really want to get into modding, gaining SU access and just seeing where it leads. Im on a budget though so,where would i start when looking for a low cost, with the best modifacation platforms. Kinda wanna split the difference since im stil learning. Thanx 4 the help
20th October 2019, 01:05 PM |#11798  
Asian

More
Best cheap phone for 2019
Hi all! Which is the the cheapest bestest phone to buy in 2019?

Requirements/Must have:
Min 1GB ram,
Must have OTG support,
Microsd expanasion,
Many roms available to upgrade it to higher than android 5,
Below 150USD, below 100USD even better.

Good to have:
More than 8gb rom,
Long battery life,
Removable battery.

Update:
Please list a few options for new and used. Thank you.
20th October 2019, 05:27 PM |#11799  
Flag indjija
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualAgency3

Hi all! Which is the the cheapest bestest phone to buy in 2019?

Requirements/Must have:
Min 1GB ram,
Must have OTG support,
Microsd expanasion,
Many roms available to upgrade it to higher than android 5,
Below 150USD, below 100USD even better.

Good to have:
More than 8gb rom,
Long battery life,
Removable battery.

S7 exynos maybe...
20th October 2019, 08:18 PM |#11800  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hi.

I am wondering why there are so few tablets about that have a resolution with a 16:9 ratio now. Say 1366x768 like my dragon touch x10 that i am wanting to replace. Or 1920x1080. They always seem to add a few more pixels that basically make it 16x10. Almost all i can find now seem to be 1280x800 or 1920x1200 or something at this same ratio. Ever since i bought my Lenovo tab4 8 plus to replace my 7 inch acer tablet, the main thing that annoys me about it is because of the depth of the 1200 pixels, it means watching videos look no bigger than my old tablet. My dragon touch x10 is a rather unusual 10.6 inches. I wouldn't mind going back to jut 10 inches, but if the resolution isn't a wide one, it will make videos and widescreen pictures look tiny in comparison. Laptops and monitors seem to have the resolution i am after, but i can't find tablets with the specifications i am after with these resolutions. I don't know why so many have this extra width - or depth depending on what way you hold it.

I am wanting a tablet with basically the same inputs and outputs as my x10 which don't seem that common either. The most important being the full size USB port and mini/micro HDMI. I use both of them very often. It will just be a bit annoying if it gets connected to a TV and it having solid black bars down the edge of the screen.

Are there any tablets out there any more with this ratio?

Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheGiantHogweed For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheGiantHogweed Ad-Free
21st October 2019, 06:47 AM |#11801  

More
trying to decide between note 9 (128 exynos - 672 euro new in my country) and the oneplus 7t pro (8gb 256gb - 750 euro)

I had a note 9 for a couple of months which i parted with a few weeks ago. I actually found that phone perfect, the only problem being that it was exynos, since i live in Europe-Romania (the battery drain was eh when on standby).

I am looking for a new -complete- flagship. I am considering buying another note 9 (still exynos, unfortunately) or oneplus 7 pro/7t pro

I am looking for:

main issue: headphone jack (i use this to plug to my amp and other stuff; also need good plugged quality for my headphones). this is probably the one thing that really keeps me back from going oneplus. i'd have to carry a dongle 24/7 with me so that i don't wake up the neighborhood screaming when i need to plug something and i don't have that

perfect big clean screen/display (no notch, no teardrop, etc.) with good colors

big ass battery, as big as it can get (nothing under 4k mAh)

fantastic sound

good camera

i didn't use the spen that much, but in the rare occasions that i did, i found it useful. i can live without it

dual sim if possible

micro sd slot compatible would be a nice perk

i don't game on it, but i want it as snappy as possible. mostly browsing/media streaming

water resistance and all that IP stuff

My budget is at MOST 750 euro.

What i don't like about oneplus is the lack of jack, but everything else seems above the note 9 in terms of specs, especially the snapdragon compared to the exynos.

I looked at the huawei lineup as well, but everything is too small for my taste, plus the lack of jack again on p30 pro and the teardrop. also the emui isn't that attractive

asus rog phone 2 had everything except water resistance and good camera (+ the horrible looks), so that's out of the question as well

I keep coming back to the note 9, but that damn exynos...

Which one should i go for?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
device, new device, new phone, phone, tablet, what to buy, what to choose

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)