FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] How to Convert Zip to apk file? is this possible?

108 posts
Thanks Meter: 16

Post Reply Email Thread
22nd July 2014, 10:36 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 68

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurice5813

No. Android binaries are located in a apk, you just can't turn a mod into a apk, the only way to build an apk is from Android SDK. Its not possible.

Oh, how would i put my script into Android SDK?

Sent from my LG-D415 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
18th December 2015, 04:50 PM |#12  
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 96

More
Hi,

I'm trying to do something along these lines.

I have a keyboard skin that I want to change it's theme from blue to green. I unpacked it several months ago with EasyApk and attempted this but eventually gave up.

I've done all of the color editing to the .png files but after zipping and changing the ext to apk, it won't install. I get this message... "There was a problem parsing the package."

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
5th January 2016, 09:51 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuLEoF2

Hi,

I'm trying to do something along these lines.

I have a keyboard skin that I want to change it's theme from blue to green. I unpacked it several months ago with EasyApk and attempted this but eventually gave up.

I've done all of the color editing to the .png files but after zipping and changing the ext to apk, it won't install. I get this message... "There was a problem parsing the package."

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

RuLEoF2, have you found a solution. I'm getting the same problem.
6th January 2016, 12:24 AM |#14  
Flag Baltimore

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabadoo

RuLEoF2, have you found a solution. I'm getting the same problem.

Nope. The XDA well of good will towards those in need has apparently dried up. Either that or I'm on the do-do list for something.

I haven't gotten responses to any of my last several posts for quite a while now.

Good luck!
9th January 2016, 05:53 PM |#15  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuLEoF2

Nope. The XDA well of good will towards those in need has apparently dried up. Either that or I'm on the do-do list for something.

I haven't gotten responses to any of my last several posts for quite a while now.

Good luck!

I found a work around. I used 7zip in windows and made all of the edits (adding files, removing files, editing contents of files) I needed in the zip file WITHOUT unzipping it (7zip and winrar allow this). Once I did that I changed the extension back to apk and the app installed.

Hope this helps some people.
10th January 2016, 06:55 AM |#16  
Flag Baltimore

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabadoo

I found a work around. I used 7zip in windows and made all of the edits (adding files, removing files, editing contents of files) I needed in the zip file WITHOUT unzipping it (7zip and winrar allow this). Once I did that I changed the extension back to apk and the app installed.

Hope this helps some people.

Not working for me. What editing program are you using for graphics?
11th January 2016, 04:31 PM |#17  

More
For graphics, let's say images. I would work on whatever it is you need to add, outside of the zip, and then just add that file by replacing it with whatever it is you wanted to edit. Do you get what I'm saying?

I used 7zip on windows to do this.
18th July 2016, 08:21 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
REVIVE!!
19th October 2019, 03:37 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Its like this for me, I got an apk of Loco Craft (Android Game) extracted it into a folder with winrar, then I modified a bunch of things in there, then I compressed it to a .rar file with WinRAR, then I renamed it from application.rar to application.apk. then when I sent it to my phone (Acer B1-730, Android 4.4.2) and opened the apk file, it said: "There was a problem parsing the package"! So what do I do? Please!!! I really want to try my new game! And pls help me I am only 9!!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)