595 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,831

Post Reply Email Thread
16th October 2019, 04:29 PM |#13991  
Thanks Meter: 175

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxBrun0xx

Figured it out! If anyone has the same problem, here's the answer: there's a "Hide Magisk" option in settings. If you click on it, it renames Magisk Manager app to just "Manager". It also seems to prevent apps not installed through Magisk itself from requesting root since the root checker app I downloaded also didn't work. The fix: uninstall Magisk Manager and reflash the zip through TWRP. Then you should be all set, just don't hit that "hide Magisk" button in settings or you'll need to repeat the steps above.

This happens when there is a mismatch between the signatures of su binary and magisk manager app, resulting in lack of control over the su permissions.
Hide magisk option repacks the apk with random package name. As the resulting apk is modified version of the genuine manager apk, it requires signing. Manager does it automatically.
But it seems that your Manager version does not use the proper signature when doing it.
What I feel is that you are flashing, for example, a stable magisk release and then update it via manager app to beta or canary. All those variants use different signatures and switching between them should be always performed by full uninstall and flashing from the scratch.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to esgie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift esgie Ad-Free
19th October 2019, 01:20 PM |#13992  
Flag Cimahi
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Already install the stable version, but YouTube ads still showing up. Any idea how to fix it?
19th October 2019, 01:28 PM |#13993  
Flag S.Jersey
Thanks Meter: 85

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickys11

Already install the stable version, but YouTube ads still showing up. Any idea how to fix it?

I guess you did not read anything about AdAway in this thread, because if you did you would have known that AdAway does not work for YouTube.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
19th October 2019, 01:31 PM |#13994  
Flag Pudliszki
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:

Install YouTube Vanced

Wysłane z mojego MI 6 przy użyciu Tapatalka
The Following User Says Thank You to Adamk102 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Adamk102 Ad-Free
19th October 2019, 03:02 PM |#13995  
Flag Београд (Beograd/Belgrade/Griechisch Weißenburg/Alba Graeca; Alba Bulgarica)
Thanks Meter: 2,269

More
Quote:

Use NewPipe (Schlanke YouTube-Oberfläche) - https://f-droid.org/app/org.schabi.newpipe
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to guest4711 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift guest4711 Ad-Free
19th October 2019, 06:15 PM |#13996  
Flag Durham
Thanks Meter: 341

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest4711

Use NewPipe (Schlanke YouTube-Oberfläche) - https://f-droid.org/app/org.schabi.newpipe

Ymusic is better😉
https://ymusic.io/
20th October 2019, 04:55 AM |#13997  
Thanks Meter: 440

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickyw1980

Ymusic is better😉
https://ymusic.io/

Not open source.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to andy356 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift andy356 Ad-Free
20th October 2019, 07:21 AM |#13998  
Flag Humewood - Port Elizabeth
Thanks Meter: 34

More
For the German speaking community there is an excellent "How to do it" @ https://www.kuketz-blog.de/adaway-we...control-teil6/
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Claudio4780 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Claudio4780 Ad-Free
21st October 2019, 03:07 AM |#13999  
Flag Indianapolis, IN
Thanks Meter: 1,567

More
Quote:

Mod Edit: unnecessary comment deleted

His point is that xda rules state that one must search first, not be spoon fed.
He is also correct that with a brief search, one can find many mentions of Adaway not being able to block Youtube ads. It is not hard to find through a search.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to martyfender For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift martyfender Ad-Free
21st October 2019, 06:22 AM |#14000  
Senior Moderator / Can I get a Salty Semper Gumby Yut!?!
Flag Land of the Endless Ride. USMC on my arm, .45 on my hip, O-H on my license plate!
Thanks Meter: 13,940

More
* * * Thread Cleaned * * *

Let's go over a few reminders about posting in the forums.

1) Forum Rules are posted in the beginning of EVERY forum, section, fora and device for a reason; so members understand what is and isn't allowed . Please refresh your memories if you have forgotten these simple precepts.

2) Rule #1 is SEARCH before posting questions in the thread, in the event your question(s) have already been addressed. Use the SEARCH bar AND read through the OP before posting your question.

3) Rule #2 is Member Conduct; don't post rude, insulting, profane, disrespectful, attacking, off-topic, or racial comments. If your comment is NOT helpful, respectful, on directly related to the title of the thread, simply DON'T post it.

4) The unwritten Xda rule is DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS. If another member is creating trouble, don't engage them, argue with them, or add fuel to their fire. Just REPORT their comment and move along. Even "read the rules"...."use the search function" type comments only serve as food for the troll buffet. Simply REPORT them and let Moderation Staff take care of it.

This is a friendly (but serious) warning to all those involved in this latest back and forth; please don't continue. Follow the rules, disconnect your keyboard, go run 3 miles and burn off that extra energy; just don't violate the rules when you post in the threads, because your account will be reviewed for restriction or removal due to continued rules violations; ain't nobody got time for that

So, now that Forum Rules class is over, let's all get back to helping out development of this Mod, and leave the drama llama stuff for social media sites.

If you have any questions about the above, feel free to PM me and I'll do my best to help it all make sense

Thanks for everyone's cooperation!
The Following 40 Users Say Thank You to Az Biker For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Az Biker Ad-Free
23rd October 2019, 02:13 AM |#14001  
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Seemingly have adaway working on Android 10. Thank God because I wouldn't be able to come to XDA without it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ad block, adaway, adblock, adblocker, source

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)