FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Did you find this thread useful?

Yes, it was very helpful to me.

1,610 Vote(s)
64.02%
No, I didn't feel it helped me.

416 Vote(s)
16.54%
I don't know.

489 Vote(s)
19.44%

[HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly.

4,428 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,929

Post Reply Email Thread
19th October 2019, 03:27 PM |#44061  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi All,
I have a Samsung Galaxy gear 2 and I was using it with my Samsung Galaxy note series phones..1 2 3 and 4.Also I tried it with LG G3 also with some apk file which I received from this forum, it also worked. My concern is currently I am using an Oppo Reno 10x zoom, so I am currently not able to connect my Galaxy gear 2 with my mobile phone i.e Oppo Reno 10x zoom. Can you please help me on connecting my devices together?
19th October 2019, 08:09 PM |#44062  

More
Hi all I have a note 9 . Rooted . exposed
I managed to change the imei number fine , but the device is somehow still blacklisted 🤔🤔 I'm thinking that carriers are now blacklisting more than imei numbers
19th October 2019, 08:30 PM |#44063  
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowe13

Hi all I have a note 9 . Rooted . exposed
I managed to change the imei number fine , but the device is somehow still blacklisted I'm thinking that carriers are now blacklisting more than imei numbers

Well, you won't get any help here with trying to activate a blacklisted device, so it is pointless to ask for help here. It is against the XDA rules. You will have to seek information somewhere else besides XDA.

Pay the bill or legitimately satisfy the carrier's requirements for removing the device from blacklist. Don't be a thief or try to cheat them.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
19th October 2019, 09:25 PM |#44064  
Flag DHAKA

More
I ported a custom rom(resurection rom) from galaxy note edge 915f to note edge docomo sc01d.. Everything works fine Except no sim card issue shon...how can i fix this any one can help...i tried it from many days..but failed..???help
19th October 2019, 10:22 PM |#44065  
Thanks Meter: 2,422

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muncommitted

I ported a custom rom(resurection rom) from galaxy note edge 915f to note edge docomo sc01d.. Everything works fine Except no sim card issue shon...how can i fix this any one can help...i tried it from many days..but failed..???help

I'd like to point you to one of the development threads, you're more likely to get an answer there.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2814763
20th October 2019, 03:24 AM |#44066  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 2,018

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muncommitted

first thing I would check is the logcat to see if there any clues there. I normally build my ROMs from source, so do not have experience with porting. However, it sounds like you have not brought the destinations phones modem binaries across, or they are simply not compatible with the rest of the ROM. Again, a logcat may help, also the lastkmsg may have some clues not in the logcat.
20th October 2019, 11:49 AM |#44067  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I have still been trying to find a 10 inch tablet that has a 16:9 ratio. I am wanting something either the same size as my dragon touch X10 which is 10.6 inch or i could go back to just 10. But virtually all tablets i am seeing sold now seem to have more like a 16:10 ratio. Why is this? It will mean when watching videos, the screen in my case will seem tiny compared to what i am used to. I had to do the same when i wanted an upgrade on my 7 inch tablet. I got an 8 inch lenovo tab 4 8 plus, but when watching videos or widescreen pictures, because of the resolution of the screen, there are bars at the top and bottom, which basically make it look no bigger.

1280x800 or 1920x1200 seems to be the new standard and I'm not sure why this is. I don't mind getting a slightly smaller tablet, but as the resolution of the dragon touch x10 is 1366x768 which fits videos perfectly, anything with this other ratio will look too small for what i am after. Unless i go for some bigger tablet which will be oversized dimension wise. Laptops and monitors seem to have the resolution i am after, but i don't seem to be able to find them on tablets any more.

Any resolution the same as by x10 or bigger will do. I am just after the same multiple inputs and outputs on it which also seem hard to come across.

Any advise?

Thanks.
20th October 2019, 02:48 PM |#44068  
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGiantHogweed

I have still been trying to find a 10 inch tablet that has a 16:9 ratio. I am wanting something either the same size as my dragon touch X10 which is 10.6 inch or i could go back to just 10. But virtually all tablets i am seeing sold now seem to have more like a 16:10 ratio. Why is this? It will mean when watching videos, the screen in my case will seem tiny compared to what i am used to. I had to do the same when i wanted an upgrade on my 7 inch tablet. I got an 8 inch lenovo tab 4 8 plus, but when watching videos or widescreen pictures, because of the resolution of the screen, there are bars at the top and bottom, which basically make it look no bigger.

1280x800 or 1920x1200 seems to be the new standard and I'm not sure why this is. I don't mind getting a slightly smaller tablet, but as the resolution of the dragon touch x10 is 1366x768 which fits videos perfectly, anything with this other ratio will look too small for what i am after. Unless i go for some bigger tablet which will be oversized dimension wise. Laptops and monitors seem to have the resolution i am after, but i don't seem to be able to find them on tablets any more.

Any resolution the same as by x10 or bigger will do. I am just after the same multiple inputs and outputs on it which also seem hard to come across.

Any advise?

Thanks.

Wrong thread, post your question here:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=1846277

20th October 2019, 09:41 PM |#44069  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

Well, you won't get any help here with trying to activate a blacklisted device, so it is pointless to ask for help here. It is against the XDA rules. You will have to seek information somewhere else besides XDA.

Pay the bill or legitimately satisfy the carrier's requirements for removing the device from blacklist. Don't be a thief or try to cheat them.

Maybe I should have gone into more detail.
The phone has been returned and the carrier cannot for some reason unblock it although they say they have unlocked the imei for me . 🤷*♂️. Sorry for any misunderstanding
20th October 2019, 10:00 PM |#44070  
Thanks Meter: 2,422

More
Quote:

The phone has been returned and the carrier cannot for some reason unblock it although they say they have unlocked the imei for me . 🤷*♂️. Sorry for any misunderstanding

Don't take the original response, or this one, the wrong way . There is no way for anyone to know the difference between an honest person who is stuck, or a dishonest person with a good story. Discussing changing IMEI or bypassing blacklisting is just against forum rules.

The carrier has to resolve the problem for you. Maybe they would entertain a warranty replacement if they can not solve the problem.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
20th October 2019, 10:06 PM |#44071  
Quote:

The phone has been returned and the carrier cannot for some reason unblock it although they say they have unlocked the imei for me . *. Sorry for any misunderstanding

So, you are saying that the carrier sold you that device even though they knew it was blacklisted and claim they can't remove the device from being blacklisted?

Sorry, I don't believe that story.

They wouldn't blacklist the device AND request the customer to return the device in question. They would do one or the other, not both. So, they would have blacklisted the device and said "to hell" with the device or they would have requested the device to be returned and would not have bothered with blacklisting the device.

There are only a few reasons why a carrier blacklists a device, such as, not paying the bill or violating the terms of service such as enabling hotspotting/tethering on a device they they do not allow it on and then using too much data. Carriers will not remove a device from blacklist unless the bill that is owed is paid, whether it be by you or whoever owes the bill or previous owner.

I'd say that is more likely that either you didn't pay the bill and the device was deactivated and blacklisted by the carrier or you got the device from someone else that didn't pay the bill and sold the device or gave it away after it was blacklisted.

Regardless, when it comes to IMEI and blacklisted devices, there is nothing we are allowed or can do to help help you with it, that is completely between you and the carrier. If they screwed up the way you describe, which I doubt, it is on them to fix it.

Edit: @mowe13, I understand your situation now, I think. Good luck.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, beginner, confused, guidance, help needed, help thread, lost, newbie, noob, questions and answers

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)