[Android 2.2+] CallRecorder - record phone calls from the phone line

1,078 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,847

By skvalex, Senior Member on 12th January 2012, 01:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th October 2019, 05:05 AM |#8011  
Quote:
Originally Posted by aojc1992

redmi k20 pro / mi 9t pro (rapheal) doesnt work on stock MIUI android 9.0, even with rooted with magisk and installation of skvalex module.

Please take a log in Settings > Three dots > Debug. Then send it to me ([email protected])
25th October 2019, 05:06 AM |#8012  
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhabit_wb

Anybody got this working on a pixel 4 xl?

Have you checked version 3.2.6 beta01?
25th October 2019, 08:45 AM |#8013  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skvalex

Please take a log in Settings > Three dots > Debug. Then send it to me ([email protected])

Upon further testing, I got it to work now.

Apparently ROOT method of recording doesn't work at all, doesn't even save any recording files.

So I tried the Standard API method, in the beginning it doesn't work at all as well. It saves the recording files, but noted that it was saved under the OPUS format. I then tweaked the settings to change it to AMR/WAV file formatting, and wala it works now.

Now recording is clear and perfect. Probably because there is still no device profile yet for Mi 9T Pro / Redmi K20 Pro.

Thank you sir, sorry for the inconvenience.

Do let me know if you still need the logs, I can send them over no problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to aojc1992 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aojc1992 Ad-Free
25th October 2019, 11:52 AM |#8014  
Thanks Meter: 228

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by qriozum

Aanyone tested CR on HTC U12 + updated to Pie (Android 9)?
Works CR as before?
I am asking because I am planning on updating the system.

regards
q.

I will answer, let others know.
HTC U12+ with the "PIE" v2.55.401.1 system works great after rooting with Magisk.

regards
q.
25th October 2019, 02:15 PM |#8015  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:

Have you checked version 3.2.6 beta01?

I did . I get 3 second recordings with no audio
25th October 2019, 02:46 PM |#8016  
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhabit_wb

I did . I get 3 second recordings with no audio

Can you take the log?
25th October 2019, 03:09 PM |#8017  

More
Quote:

Can you take the log?

Emailed it to you
25th October 2019, 05:23 PM |#8018  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Does it also happen to some of you that every now and then the recording of the phone call (made with a bluetooth headset) stops before the call is ended? What can it depend on and what can I do to resolve it? Thanks

Inviato dal mio SM-G965F utilizzando Tapatalk
25th October 2019, 08:15 PM |#8019  

More
3.2.6 beta01 works fine on the Pixel 4 xl. My phone is rooted but I didn't use the rooted options. For some reason it took a reboot for it to work right.
The Following User Says Thank You to badhabit_wb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift badhabit_wb Ad-Free
26th October 2019, 05:00 AM |#8020  
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 31

More
I received a little help from skvalex on my Pixel 4 and got it working using Standard API rather than root. version 3.2.6

Disabling:
Settings>Recording>Standard API>"Switch ALSA controls" improved the quality of the recording when both sides talked at the same time.

One new thing, which I haven't had before, is stereo recording with two distinct channels. Setting the recording format to wav and the recording mode to stereo, each side of the conversation is recorded into the left or right channel. Maybe it's always been possible if I didn't use the root method in the past, but I've always used root, for years. This is excellent!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jon8RFC For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jon8RFC Ad-Free
26th October 2019, 12:09 PM |#8021  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
After updating my S10+ from Android 9 to 10 beta 2 call recording stopped working (Standard API), saved records were blank. Installing 3.2.6 version of the app fixed it. No root. Thanks for the update.
The Following User Says Thank You to nastiv For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nastiv Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
call rec, call recording, callrec

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)