FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Android 2.2+] CallRecorder - record phone calls from the phone line

1,078 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,848
 
By skvalex, Senior Member on 12th January 2012, 01:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th October 2019, 12:09 PM |#8021  
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
After updating my S10+ from Android 9 to 10 beta 2 call recording stopped working (Standard API), saved records were blank. Installing 3.2.6 version of the app fixed it. No root. Thanks for the update.
The Following User Says Thank You to nastiv For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nastiv Ad-Free
26th October 2019, 07:27 PM |#8022  
troymz1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 106
 
More
Working great on my pixel 4 xl rooted. Amazing app sir well done!
The Following User Says Thank You to troymz1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift troymz1 Ad-Free
27th October 2019, 01:51 AM |#8023  
ocujos's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 721
 
More
In Android 9, (Pie) Google removed code that allowed call recording via API. In Android 10, recording works again without root.
Skvalex, what's changed in Android 10? Has Google had a change of heart and re-introduced the missing code from Oreo?

I'm on Android 9, Samsung S8+ no root. I had to flash INS CSC to get native Samsung System recorder, even though I don't live in India. It works really well, but it was a pain to change CSC (luckily I had an Indian SIM card) so I didn't have to use combination file which can be hard to come by (Samsung keeps updating their bootloader).
27th October 2019, 03:07 AM |#8024  
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocujos

In Android 9, (Pie) Google removed code that allowed call recording via API. In Android 10, recording works again without root.
Skvalex, what's changed in Android 10? Has Google had a change of heart and re-introduced the missing code from Oreo?

This is wrong. Nothing changed in Android 10. But the latest version of the app can now record the same way it does on Android 9 without root/system recorder. More info here: https://skvalex.org/help/android-9-pie

Android 8 Oreo:
- the app can record both sides from the phone line
Android 9 Pie:
- the app can record from the microphone only (the other side can't be recorded)
Android 10:
before 3.2.6:
- the app can record nothing, just complete silence
after 3.2.6:
- the app can record from the microphone only (the other side can't be recorded)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skvalex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift skvalex Ad-Free
27th October 2019, 08:24 PM |#8025  
Member
Flag Gdynia
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Does someone have problem with app, when after restart of phone, there is no option to open app from notification (app is also not recording calls).
Helps running the app from shortcut.
Android 10, oneplus 7t
27th October 2019, 08:29 PM |#8026  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globus.gd

Does someone have problem with app, when after restart of phone, there is no option to open app from notification (app is also not recording calls).
Helps running the app from shortcut.
Android 10, oneplus 7t

https://dontkillmyapp.com/oneplus
The Following User Says Thank You to skvalex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift skvalex Ad-Free
27th October 2019, 08:38 PM |#8027  
Member
Flag Gdynia
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skvalex

https://dontkillmyapp.com/oneplus

@skvalex You were writing that on Android 10 after 3.2.6 only MIC is recorded, that is not true, I get both voices recorded (standard API)
27th October 2019, 09:04 PM |#8028  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globus.gd

@skvalex You were writing that on Android 10 after 3.2.6 only MIC is recorded, that is not true, I get both voices recorded (standard API)

You get both voices recorded through the mic. Some phones have microphones near the speaker, so the other side is also captured with a decent quality. But don't rely on that. Any firmware update (even minor one), can add an echo cancellation. Which will mean the system will filter the other side's voice before sending audio data to the app.

I mean, in your case the app is requesting sound from the microphone, not from the phone line. So if you hear the other side on the recording - it must be considered as a side effect, which may be fixed by Google/your manufacturer in the future.
28th October 2019, 03:19 AM |#8029  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skvalex

You get both voices recorded through the mic. Some phones have microphones near the speaker, so the other side is also captured with a decent quality. But don't rely on that. Any firmware update (even minor one), can add an echo cancellation. Which will mean the system will filter the other side's voice before sending audio data to the app.

I mean, in your case the app is requesting sound from the microphone, not from the phone line. So if you hear the other side on the recording - it must be considered as a side effect, which may be fixed by Google/your manufacturer in the future.

What setting should we use for a rooted Pixel 4XL? I am using Standard API and it seems to be working but won't work selecting Root setting.
28th October 2019, 03:21 AM |#8030  
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimh1999

What setting should we use for a rooted Pixel 4XL? I am using Standard API and it seems to be working but won't work selecting Root setting.

Can you take the log in Settings > Three dots > Debug using ROOT recording method and send it to my email ([email protected])
P.S. Then set the method back to Standard API and reboot device.
28th October 2019, 03:31 AM |#8031  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skvalex

Can you take the log in Settings > Three dots > Debug using ROOT recording method and send it to my email ([email protected])
P.S. Then set the method back to Standard API and reboot device.

Sent
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
call rec, call recording, callrec

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes