11th October 2019, 07:32 AM |#14021  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6,679

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonVendetta

The issue I was recently having (on the previous page):

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...ostcount=14009

But it is solved now. As it turns out, there is a common bug in CM-based Marshmallow ROMs, that doesn't allow the granting of usage access to some apps. They don't even appear in the list. And granting the perm with a command doesn't usually work.

Solution:

There is an app called App Ops, available on Play Store, by Rikka. It needs root, ADB, or system perms via Shizuku. This app correctly shows which apps can request usage access, and can be used to grant/deny the perm, bypassing the bug. LMT then shows that usage access is true rather than false.

I have several others that also needed this perm, now working fine too. I had posted this response before but it somehow didn't appear.

If someone has this issue then this post should prove useful. But I am wondering, can you explain why LMT needs usage stats? Pie seems to work fine without it.

Another question:
What is the LMTFrameworkResLayer.apk for? It seems to be for getting rid of the navigation buttons on ROMs that have soft buttons but no hardware buttons, and cannot be disabled otherwise (i.e. some stock firmwares). I tried pasting it into /system/vendor/overlay and settings perms to 0644/rwrr, on reboot nav buttons are gone. But after uninstalling LMT and this APK, my ROM wouldn't boot again! At the time I was using it on ZTE Axon 7 stock firmware.

Can LMT be used to turn the screen off? I've got it work by mapping a pie key to trigger an arbitrary button, using 26 as the value. Screen turns off. But I would like to add a 3-5secs delay so that it works with secure unlock solutions (fingerprint/face/pin/pattern/etc). Does LMT trigger a global secure lock when done this way, or just an insecure root lock? It seems this action only requires root, so that is why I ask.

Good luck on the next beta, I just noticed it now and am trying!

A feature I'd like to see, but I doubt you will consider it: The ability to use LMT as a launcher. I am a minimalist and don't much care for app icons, widgets, and other functions that would be expected from a launcher. Simply having a pie launcher to get around my phone would be enough for me.

Hi, thanks for the info.

Lmt uses usage stats permission to get the currently running apps when lmt has no root. This info is then used for actions like recents in pie or the last app action.

LMTFrameworkResLayer.apk is indeed just a rro overlay, which is independent to lmt and can be used to hide the navbar.

I'm not sure what you mean with screen off and secure lock. Your method just emulates a key input (26). It is the same input, the hardware power button sends to Andoid when pressed. For that delay: lmt's key action has a chaining feature so you can send multiple keys separated by a space, e.g: 26 26 would 2 times send the power button. Also you can longpress a button, e.g. 2026 would hold the power button for 2 seconds. Now combining this, you could just wait 2 seconds and then send power button by 2000 26. If you want to do some more complex stuff, you could write a small bash script as lmt action or use e.g. Tasker.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to noname81 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift noname81 Ad-Free
20th October 2019, 02:16 AM |#14022  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hey there,
thanks for your great app and the continues support. I have been happily using it on all my devices since release

But I wanted to report a bug on my system with the latest LMT version (3.1):
When coming back from standby/unlocking the device and trying to trigger the pie via the touch trigger area, LMT suddenly freezes and needs to restart (automatically) to be able to be used again. Then it then works fine until the device sleeps/goes into standby again.

I noticed that it was asking for root permissions every time after waking up and triggering it and before the freeze happens.
So I took away its root permission in the magisk manager app. That seemed to have fixed the issue (at the cost of not being able to use it properly anymore :-/ ).

Would a logcat help maybe?

SM-G900F DBT on stock Samsung (Android9 ASIG) with 20.0 Magisk. no xposed installed

edit: I just use Tasker to automatically restart the LMT service after unlocking the screen. Works fine for now.
21st October 2019, 09:59 PM |#14023  
Thanks Meter: 20,116

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natakranta

Switch to Opera, there's your solution

Lol or that

Sent from my OnePlus7Pro using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to Yank555 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Yank555 Ad-Free
22nd October 2019, 03:18 AM |#14024  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6,679

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicut

Hey there,
thanks for your great app and the continues support. I have been happily using it on all my devices since release

But I wanted to report a bug on my system with the latest LMT version (3.1):
When coming back from standby/unlocking the device and trying to trigger the pie via the touch trigger area, LMT suddenly freezes and needs to restart (automatically) to be able to be used again. Then it then works fine until the device sleeps/goes into standby again.

I noticed that it was asking for root permissions every time after waking up and triggering it and before the freeze happens.
So I took away its root permission in the magisk manager app. That seemed to have fixed the issue (at the cost of not being able to use it properly anymore :-/ ).

Would a logcat help maybe?

SM-G900F DBT on stock Samsung (Android9 ASIG) with 20.0 Magisk. no xposed installed

edit: I just use Tasker to automatically restart the LMT service after unlocking the screen. Works fine for now.

Yes, a logcat would be needed to track down the issue. Can you please provide one? Thanks!
22nd October 2019, 12:11 PM |#14025  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noname81

Yes, a logcat would be needed to track down the issue. Can you please provide one? Thanks!

Ok, done! I hope I could record the whole process to cover it.
Hopefully it helps. Thank you
Attached Files
File Type: zip logcat_10-22-2019_11-50-54.zip - [Click for QR Code] (107.1 KB, 0 views)
25th October 2019, 04:34 AM |#14026  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Can i suggest new features?
Thank you @noname81 for making such a good app like this. This app actually helped me alot in doing stuff faster on my phone.
But can i suggest new feature to this app. It would be wonderful if you can add touch ball to open pie menu feature (small floating ball that we can side along screen border, just like quick ball from MIUI). So we can move trigger position around the screen. We can tap multiple pie action after pie menu open, and then it will close after timeout duration or after we tap outside menu.

PS: when i accident swipe to clock info arena it auto open status menu. Can we add an option to turn it off.
The Following User Says Thank You to minhthong0824 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift minhthong0824 Ad-Free
26th October 2019, 12:23 AM |#14027  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 4,146

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by minhthong0824

Thank you noname81 for making such a good app like this. This app actually helped me alot in doing stuff faster on my phone.
But can i suggest new feature to this app. It would be wonderful if you can add touch ball to open pie menu feature (small floating ball that we can side along screen border, just like quick ball from MIUI). So we can move trigger position around the screen. We can tap multiple pie action after pie menu open, and then it will close after timeout duration or after we tap outside menu.

PS: when i accident swipe to clock info arena it auto open status menu. Can we add an option to turn it off.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but you can set whatever you want as the activation area. The length and breadth can be set to use the entire side(s) if you like.
27th October 2019, 02:48 AM |#14028  
Thanks Meter: 247

More
hi!

I'm trying to run lmt on miui 11 android 10 xiaomi. EU on my mi 8. the app crashes/doesnt start. I attached the logs, I hope they will be useful
28th October 2019, 02:44 AM |#14029  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
LMT all the sudden started to sort of slide out from the side of the tablet instead of wrapping around my thumb. It's freaking me out, nothing is broken, but I don't care for this type of animation. I just love when it unfurls around my thumb.

Is this new behavior normal or is it something odd?
28th October 2019, 04:15 AM |#14030  
Southern Maine / Seacoast NH
Thanks Meter: 1,143

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mas_

hi!

I'm trying to run lmt on miui 11 android 10 xiaomi. EU on my mi 8. the app crashes/doesnt start. I attached the logs, I hope they will be useful

Mix 2S here on mi-globe miui11/Android10 beta (based on xiaomi.eu builds)

I was having similar issues early - try uninstall/reinstall of LMT. That made it stable for me. I AM still having issues though - LMT will trigger normal button options (back, home etc.) But will ignore/not respond to applications set in pie wedges. The app icon is visible, but it won't launch the app.

I've tried messing around with permission and accessibility settings to no avail.

Edit. Just had a revelation - used magisk hide to hide LMT, now apps are launching correctly. No clue why this would have an impact.

Sent from my MIX 2S using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dandrumheller For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dandrumheller Ad-Free
28th October 2019, 10:10 AM |#14031  
Thanks Meter: 730

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by minionhunter

LMT all the sudden started to sort of slide out from the side of the tablet instead of wrapping around my thumb. It's freaking me out, nothing is broken, but I don't care for this type of animation. I just love when it unfurls around my thumb.

Is this new behavior normal or is it something odd?

Don't know if it can be changed in settings, but for me it's still the same. Maybe the animation time is set too low so it looks like that?
The Following User Says Thank You to Artim_96 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Artim_96 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, gesture, launcher, lmt, pie

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)