[SHW-m110s] Korean Anycall Galaxy S, Thread/FAQ/ReadMe/Discussion/Questions

731 posts
Thanks Meter: 33

By alovell83, Senior Member on 2nd September 2010, 08:21 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th September 2017, 04:36 PM |#6901  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hi, i am in bit of a pickle. I want to root and upgrade it to the latest android version. But, i don't know in what order should i proceed as:

For root, i need to have latest gingerbread version.
But for latest gingerbread version update, i need to have root so that i can first backup EFS folder for ODIN flash.

Please help.
6th July 2019, 02:59 AM |#6902  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi xsenman or other friends:
I have problem with my Anycall galaxy S. I am unable to take picture, install any application due to no memory on phone. Initially it had lidroid rom but one fine day cell phone didnt start and started giving error of internal memory not available. I took it to shop and they fixed it but now though cell phone is running fine i can make and recieve calls but have following issues.

1- Settings I save disappear once i switch off and start the phone.
2- No memory of any kind, in storage menu it shows 00.
3- I am unable to install any application or save contacts due to non availability of space.

In following I have copied what all is shown in ABOUT PHONE MENU

Firmware: 2.3.3
Baseband version; M110s.VD05.0140.ST
kerrnel: 2.6.35.7
build no. gingerbread.VE03 by QQ

STORAGE MENU

SD Card
total space shows 00
aval space shows 00

Internal SD Card
total space: unavailale
available space: unavailable

Internal Phone Storage shows 00B

Main Storage:
97.02 MB

I will be glad if someone could help me understand what is the issue, is it a hardware problem or software issue, if software how exactly I can fix it myself bcoz in market there is hardly anyone who knows what he is doing.
I have searched these forums alot and found xsenman very helpful but nothing related to this specific problem can be found. If Mr xsenman can help me out with steps to follow it would be gr8 relief.

Thanks in advance to all.

firmware 2.3.3
baseband version; m110s.vd05.0140.st
kerrnel:2.6.35.7
build no. gingerbread.ve03 by QQ

sd card
total space 00
aval space 00

internal sd card
total space: unavailale
available space: unavailable

internal phone storage:
00B

Main Storage:
97.02 MB
please help me to fix it out
31st October 2019, 10:56 AM |#6903  
Flag Pangasinan
Thanks Meter: 1

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsenman

For those having issues about their data connection, this is a good starting point

Quick Guide

First Check your settings > about phone > status > your phone number ( IF UNKNOWN )
You won't be able to send SMS by any third party sms apps or Have a Network connection

Solution :-

You need to edit that "unknown" number to your phone number, by putting your SIM card on any old phone that has a "my number/owner number" option, (most old phones do). Edit and save it to the proper phone format as your Sim Card number (Example: +63913XXXXXXX). Now put the SIM back to M110S, to solve this problem.

Than check your system settings, in Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names.(APN) as provided by your Network provider . If your Apn is not set, you wont be able to have data connection, so set it first

If still no data connection, Common Trick is to toggle WIFI and Airplane mode or

1. Turn ON WIFI
2. Set the phone to Flight Mode
3. Power down the phone for a few Minutes
4. Power it back up
5. Turn OFF flight mode
6. Turn OFF WIFI

Should get Data back

To adjust advanced Network settings on your phone, you can use the SKT Hidden menu or The M110S Express tool on GFAN ROMs by fte9K or you can use the attached M110S Hidden settings Tool app by fte9K on other ROMS if you like

For you to get better understanding of what data is and how it can vary on mobile phones, read this...

Difference Between

gsm-and-umts

gsm-and-gprs

gsm-and-3g

edge-and-gprs

cdma-and-gsm

wcdma-and-gsm

wcdma-and-hsdpa

hsdpa-and-hsupa

Not getting Edge? i9000 has Edge why not M110S?

GSM/GPRS/EDGE or 2G works on 850Mhz - 900Mhz - 1800Mhz - 1900Mhz

UMTS/WCDMA or 3G works on 850Mhz - 900Mhz - 1900Mhz - 2100Mhz for Galaxy S

EDGE (Enhanced Data Rates for GSM Evolution) is also called 2.5G

G (GPRS) and 2.5G (EDGE) they both run on the international quad band 850/900/1900/2100 as such the Galaxy S can be set to operate on Edge or GPRS

The M110s is tri band and can only work on GSM/GPRS 900/1800/1900 and UMTS/WCDMA thus the M110S was not designed as an International Phone but a Local Phone for Korea and does not incorporate Networks used outside of Korea , hence Edge or E is not present. Only G, 3G and H . However the M110S does have a channel selection from 10550-10850 ( so if you know the exact channel of Edge in your country, you can set it here) as well as preset channels for SKT (1 to 4)and KTF (1 to 4) or only SKT or only KTF or 10700 or Full presets ( all of these settings is not known and need support from Samsung Korea as to what are their channel settings referring to)

HSDPA actually means 3G+ (3.5G), in addition it only starts HSDPA if it is needed, and only if you use Internet and WIFI must be switched OFF

It will only work when you have a very strong 3G signal, So strong that it can use the High-Speed Downlink Packet Access (HSDPA) on networks that which support UMTS.

So what you may be getting ( G or 3G or H) will depend on how strong your signal is at your location and this can change at anytime even within a call depending on reception of signals

Use GSM Roaming and Coverage Maps to determine what band/coverage your provider uses.

This Post is linked to Pit Stop

Check this out!You , YES! you are an " Android ". Not your phone but U.

You Must watch this documentary concerning your privacy Terms & Conditions we had agreed to, by using a PC or Smartphone

How to say Thank you? If you find any post helpful on XDA, please click on the Thanks button

If you are using XDA App or Tapatalk, long press on the post and select Thanks
Its easier to give "Feedback" in this manner than make an additional post.

Hi there! I tried everything but the wifi and sim card still can't be detected. I often get the notification that my phone is turn off the airplane mode, even if it's not on. Kindly help me what to do. Thank you!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
anycall, korea, korean, shw-m110s, shwm110s

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)