Finally change font on Android 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

george.simbu

Nov 28, 2015
chennai
[Mod announcement] This thread was closed due to a takedown request by author. You will find this module in the official Magisk repository and support channels can be found in the accompanied documents. Thank you for your interest and have a great stay on XDA.

Disclaimer: I will not be held responsible if your device stops working, catches fire and claims to have been modified before it was cool.

Description

Font Changer allows you to change the font on your Android device. (check the requirements section for more)

Requirements
root(magisk 20.0)
font changer(magisk modules)
terminal
busybox
custom recovery (not a requirement per-se, but highly recommended in case something goes wrong

install font changer modules once check active in magisk manager then reboot device
open terminal
#su
#font_changer(type in terminal)
would like to update the font list
Y/ n

select font
list downloadable fonts install and reboot :cool:

Supported ROM OS Version:
Q (Android 10) - OOS

@topjohnwu(magisk modules)
https://github.com/topjohnwu

Original author: @JohnFawkes

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnFawkes

Jul 9, 2015
john-fawkes.com
the module some time update or some Dev need to update that y not add to links one i share the experience bcoz many time serach android pei but not working on font so android working now android q i shared thank you

i have no idea what your trying to say..... regardless i am the original creator and would really appreciate if you could at least credit me and say the module is available in magisk repo. or just read the readme file. or even just add my website. https://john-fawkes.com/Downloads/fontchanger.zip as the link

---------- Post added at 04:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 AM ----------

you know the reason thank buddy

Please dont include the zip here......... this could cause issues in updates etc etc

Last edited:

george.simbu

Nov 28, 2015
chennai
i have no idea what your trying to say..... regardless i am the original creator and would really appreciate if you could at least credit me and say the module is available in magisk repo. or just read the readme file. or even just add my website. https://john-fawkes.com/Downloads/fontchanger.zip as the link

---------- Post added at 04:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 AM ----------

Please dont include the zip here......... this could cause issues in updates etc etc

yes i add to credits thanks you buddy you have great work:angel:

Reactions: JohnFawkes

JohnFawkes

Jul 9, 2015
john-fawkes.com
yes i add to credits thanks you buddy you have great work:angel:

Thanks! I appreciate it! not sure if your in the telegram group but this is the message i posted there about FC earlier today

"ATTENTION ALL USERS!!!!!!!!

Im in the process of transfering my domain name john-fawkes.com to another provider! While this is happening EXPECT downtime in fontchanger! Downloading new folts/emojis will likely fail. fonts/emojis you already have in your fonts folder in fontchanger folder will still apply since the code checks for the font before it starts downloading it and if it exists already then it uses the on device one instead of downloading."

insaneparnoid

Sep 9, 2017
Disclaimer: I will not be held responsible if your device stops working, catches fire and claims to have been modified before it was cool.

Description

Font Changer allows you to change the font on your Android device. (check the requirements section for more)

Requirements
root(magisk 20.0)
terminal
busybox
custom recovery (not a requirement per-se, but highly recommended in case something goes wrong

install font changer modules once check active in magisk manager then reboot device
open terminal
#su
Y/ n

select font

Q (Android 10) - OOS

Credits
@JohnFawkes(font changer)
https://github.com/Magisk-Modules-Repo/Fontchanger/commits?author=JohnFawkes

you can download latest version on this
https://john-fawkes.com/Downloads/fontchanger.zip
Icon name in that ss ?

insaneparnoid

Sep 9, 2017
I am getting this error while select rosemary font and also if i select any other font , the fonts dosent change for system , file i cant see fonts getting changed in my setting as posted in ss

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191102-175316.jpg
    Screenshot_20191102-175316.jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 930

george.simbu

Nov 28, 2015
chennai
I am getting this error while select rosemary font and also if i select any other font , the fonts dosent change for system , file i cant see fonts getting changed in my setting as posted in ss

Im in the process of transfering my domain name john-fawkes.com to another provider! While this is happening EXPECT downtime in fontchanger! Downloading new folts/emojis will likely fail. fonts/emojis you already have in your fonts folder in fontchanger folder will still apply since the code checks for the font before it starts downloading it and if it exists already then it uses the on device one instead of downloading."

george.simbu

Nov 28, 2015
chennai

just on more try and reboot you can change robotic to normal in font system settings

insaneparnoid

Sep 9, 2017

But fonts are getting downloaded, its giving copy error that it couldnt cp the downloaded font to destination , even if i move the required folder manually idk how to apply it

george.simbu

Nov 28, 2015
chennai
But fonts are getting downloaded, its giving copy error that it couldnt cp the downloaded font to destination , even if i move the required folder manually idk how to apply it

You need to download fonts copy to custom floder

connect to pc path: (Computer\GM1911\Internal shared storage\Fontchanger\Fonts\Custom)
or use root browser
and install custom font

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191102-181743.jpg
    Screenshot_20191102-181743.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 844
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Mod announcement] This thread was closed due to a takedown request by author. You will find this module in the official Magisk repository and support channels can be found in the accompanied documents. Thank you for your interest and have a great stay on XDA.

Description

Requirements
    root(magisk 20.0)
    terminal
    busybox

open terminal
    #su
    Y/ n

select font

Q (Android 10) - OOS

Original author: @JohnFawkes
    the module some time update or some Dev need to update that y not add to links one i share the experience bcoz many time serach android pei but not working on font so android working now android q i shared thank you

you know the reason thank buddy

This sounds great, bu there's no link to the module....

So you know you can search modules in Magisk Manager?
    Does anyone here have a strange issue with Gboard displaying default emojis when using WhatsApp, but not any other apps? I am using the blob emoji pack, and this started happening to me out of nowhere yesterday. I'm not sure why. Any advice? @JohnFawkes or anyone else?

Please join the telegram group. It's in the readme of the zip. That's where I provide support. I didn't start this thread and to be honest I'd rather this thread be deleted as I never wanted this on xda. Its in the wrong forum here anyway. If anything this should of been a thread I started in the magisk forum and not here. But I only provide support on telegram anyway
    Mine was a 100% fresh oss installation

Seen this thread and thought Id try a new font. I just used a root app called fontfix. Worked great and has tons of fonts.