Flag Łódź
Thanks Meter: 468

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenkitt

Does this apply to all android phones ?
Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 918D using xda app-developers app

Most. BTW: Date...
The Following User Says Thank You to devloz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift devloz Ad-Free
17th December 2014, 10:10 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 37

Donate to Me
More
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by devloz

Most. BTW: Date...

I'm now compiling for MTK 6573 Alcatel OT-918D , hope it works.
About the kernel commandline what should I put, or maybe the one used here will work ?

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

Building failed
drivers/video/console/fbcon.c:638: note: expected 'struct file *' but argument is of type 'struct fb_info *'
drivers/video/console/fbcon.c:638: error: too few arguments to function 'info->fbops->fb_open'
drivers/video/console/fbcon.c: In function 'con2fb_release_oldinfo':
drivers/video/console/fbcon.c:670: warning: passing argument 1 of 'oldinfo->fbops->fb_release' from incompatible pointer type
drivers/video/console/fbcon.c:670: note: expected 'struct file *' but argument is of type 'struct fb_info *'
drivers/video/console/fbcon.c:670: error: too few arguments to function 'oldinfo->fbops->fb_release'
drivers/video/console/fbcon.c:673: warning: passing argument 1 of 'newinfo->fbops->fb_release' from incompatible pointer type
drivers/video/console/fbcon.c:673: note: expected 'struct file *' but argument is of type 'struct fb_info *'
drivers/video/console/fbcon.c:673: error: too few arguments to function 'newinfo->fbops->fb_release'
drivers/video/console/fbcon.c: In function 'fbcon_startup':
drivers/video/console/fbcon.c:868: warning: passing argument 1 of 'info->fbops->fb_open' from incompatible pointer type
drivers/video/console/fbcon.c:868: note: expected 'struct file *' but argument is of type 'struct fb_info *'
drivers/video/console/fbcon.c:868: error: too few arguments to function 'info->fbops->fb_open'
drivers/video/console/fbcon.c: In function 'fbcon_exit':
drivers/video/console/fbcon.c:3388: warning: passing argument 1 of 'info->fbops->fb_release' from incompatible pointer type
drivers/video/console/fbcon.c:3388: note: expected 'struct file *' but argument is of type 'struct fb_info *'
drivers/video/console/fbcon.c:3388: error: too few arguments to function 'info->fbops->fb_release'
make[3]: *** [drivers/video/console/fbcon.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [drivers/video/console] Error 2
make[1]: *** [drivers/video] Error 2
make: *** [drivers] Error 2
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
CC [M] ../mediatek/source/kernel/drivers/lttng/probes/net-extended-trace.o
CC [M] ../mediatek/source/kernel/drivers/lttng/probes/block-trace.o
CC ../mediatek/source/kernel/kernel/trace_mt65xx_mon.o
LD [M] ../mediatek/source/kernel/drivers/lttng/ltt-relay.o
CC ../mediatek/source/kernel/drivers/m4u/m4u_kernel.o
../mediatek/source/kernel/drivers/m4u/m4u_kernel.c: In function 'm4u_user_v2p':
../mediatek/source/kernel/drivers/m4u/m4u_kernel.c:66: warning: format '%d' expects type 'int', but argument 3 has type 'struct task_struct *'
18th December 2014, 03:26 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 37

Donate to Me
More
Anyone know how to go about this ?
17th August 2016, 03:05 PM |#15  
Flag Olten
Thanks Meter: 753

Donate to Me
More
I'm trying to do this as well. It compiles fine but the device is stuck with a black screen, LCD backlight on and warming up after the bootloader logo.

This thread needs to be resurrected it's still a thing and an alternate to USB/Serial or JTAG debugging
2nd November 2019, 02:57 PM |#16  
Flag Fafe
Thanks Meter: 44

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexolight

I'm trying to do this as well. It compiles fine but the device is stuck with a black screen, LCD backlight on and warming up after the bootloader logo.

This thread needs to be resurrected it's still a thing and an alternate to USB/Serial or JTAG debugging

You are right. My kernel compiles, but when it boots, it changes directly from the bootloader (penguin in the middle of the screen) to the boot logo (TWRP, in my case). I'm compiling the kernel for a Letv LeMax 1 (X900/Max1).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)