FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Was this thread helpful?

Yes, I am happy with the replies.

1,178 Vote(s)
59.17%
Yes, kind of.

471 Vote(s)
23.66%
No, needs improvement.

342 Vote(s)
17.18%

[Ask Any Question][Newbie Friendly]

13,556 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,771

By Droidriven, Senior Member on 29th April 2013, 01:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st November 2019, 10:11 PM |#29751  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guten08

I tried to reboot my S8 in safe mode and you're right. While in safe mode there is no such popup.

I turned back to normal mode, uninstalled "clean master" but the popup persist.

What I tried after is :

• Force stop (in in built android app manager) many apps but it's tedious.

• Push the "Recent app" button (next to the home button) while the popup is active. This popup did not show as a recent app

• Used an app called "App Usage" that track apps activity, but the popup remain invisible in "App Usage" report.

Any trusted app tracker or method can you advice me to try for my hunt ?

PS: my S8 is not rooted

Backup any data that you want to keep, then factory reset the device. The only other way to solve this is to go through everything one thing at a time with a fine toothed comb. Factory reset is the simplest solution.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
2nd November 2019, 11:02 AM |#29752  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 2,031

More
Quote:

Hello !
Since few months now I got a popup on my Samsung Galaxy S8 whene I put my phone in charge and whene I remove it from charging. And I am searching if there is a way to deactivate this annoying popup.

...snip...

Any advice please ?
Thanks in advance !

Quote:

I tried to reboot my S8 in safe mode and you're right. While in safe mode there is no such popup.

I turned back to normal mode, uninstalled "clean master" but the popup persist.

What I tried after is :

• Force stop (in in built android app manager) many apps but it's tedious.
  • Push the "Recent app" button (next to the home button) while the popup is active. This popup did not show as a recent app
  • Used an app called "App Usage" that track apps activity, but the popup remain invisible in "App Usage" report.

Any trusted app tracker or method can you advice me to try for my hunt ?

PS: my S8 is not rooted

Not sure if it will work, but it looks like the info, try the following from a shell command. you do not need to be rooted (reset your battery stats and plug in the power and unplug it, then run the following).
Code:
dumpsys batterystats | grep "+top=" | cut -d'"' -f 2 | sort | uniq;
Investigate any apps you do not know of.

To get the times of when the app started, the following might work (again, I haven't explicitly tested the results, just looks interesting and appears to list the apps I have used)
Code:
dumpsys batterystats | grep -e "+top=" -e "-top=";
2nd November 2019, 02:58 PM |#29753  
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJohn

Not sure if it will work, but it looks like the info, try the following from a shell command. you do not need to be rooted (reset your battery stats and plug in the power and unplug it, then run the following).

Code:
dumpsys batterystats | grep "+top=" | cut -d'"' -f 2 | sort | uniq;
Investigate any apps you do not know of.

To get the times of when the app started, the following might work (again, I haven't explicitly tested the results, just looks interesting and appears to list the apps I have used)

Code:
dumpsys batterystats | grep -e "+top=" -e "-top=";

More than likely, they allowed Cleanmaster to install/enable an extra package/feature that uninstalling Cleanmaster did not remove.

2nd November 2019, 06:13 PM |#29754  
Thanks Meter: 731

More
Quote:

Hello !
Since few months now I got a popup on my Samsung Galaxy S8 whene I put my phone in charge and whene I remove it from charging. And I am searching if there is a way to deactivate this annoying popup.

In fact the annoying part is: whene this popup show on my screen it "purge" all opened apps like if you touched your "home" button. And even if there is a call ringing and by mistake I plug or (in most cases) I unplug my phone from charging to answer the call.. the result: the call screen is hidden and placed in the top notification bar. Very very annoying.

Finally I cannot tell if this popup comes from in built stuff of Android 8.0.0 or from the app called "Clean Master". I tried to look in this app option and in Android options but I'm lost.

Annoying charging popup

PS: my Android is in french language, also "Clean Master" app is in french. The popup is in english language, so confusing.

Any advice please ?
Thanks in advance !

As Droidriven says probably Cleanmaster is the culprit but the worst of this kind of apps is that they don´t come alone to the party but they bring all the troop in their sacks. Any battery/ram manager app work as expected so while they kill all the others they consume the double of energy/battery; It's like giving a mouse to take care of the cheese.

The other apps to take in account are launchers and keyboards (those not reliable); they hate the loneliness.
Better might be do a format data and start again or take a look on the complete list and get rid of them that put an "?" in the mind.
3rd November 2019, 01:26 AM |#29755  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 2,031

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

More than likely, they allowed Cleanmaster to install/enable an extra package/feature that uninstalling Cleanmaster did not remove.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubwayChamp

As Droidriven says probably Cleanmaster is the culprit but the worst of this kind of apps is that they don´t come alone to the party but they bring all the troop in their sacks. Any battery/ram manager app work as expected so while they kill all the others they consume the double of energy/battery; It's like giving a mouse to take care of the cheese.

The other apps to take in account are launchers and keyboards (those not reliable); they hate the loneliness.
Better might be do a format data and start again or take a look on the complete list and get rid of them that put an "?" in the mind.

And IF what I posted above works, it will show the app that it has secretly installed. Thus removing the need for a reformat by identifying what uninstalling clean master (if it is the culprit) did not remove.

I am interested to know if it does work for him as a possible fix if something similar happens to me in the future.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DiamondJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiamondJohn Ad-Free
3rd November 2019, 05:55 AM |#29756  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Sir, how to make any app compatible with higher version of andriod ( for example : audio router which work in android 7 with no problem but then having problem with andriod 9)
3rd November 2019, 02:48 PM |#29757  
Thanks Meter: 2,433

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarun kumar03

Sir, how to make any app compatible with higher version of andriod ( for example : audio router which work in android 7 with no problem but then having problem with andriod 9)

The developer would edit the code, making changes to whatever is necessary due to the API changes Google made in the target version.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
3rd November 2019, 03:05 PM |#29758  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

The developer would edit the code, making changes to whatever is necessary due to the API changes Google made in the target version.

But developer already gave up on project (ex- audio router)
3rd November 2019, 03:59 PM |#29759  
Quote:

Start doing your own research about:

"how to port apps from one android version to another"

Then learn to modify the app for yourself. I doubt you'll find anyone to do it for you and you won't find anybody to hold your hand and spoonfeed you the complete step by step process either. We may "assist" you with the things you don't understand, but you're still going to have to do the research, reading and work for yourself.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
3rd November 2019, 04:23 PM |#29760  
Thanks Meter: 2,433

More
Quote:

Just like ChainFire stopped developing SuperSu. People don't work for "free" forever. They have lives, families and jobs. It's a good reason for users to regularly donate to developers to keep them motivated.

Additionally, with each major Android release, there have been significant changes to Google APIs and restrictions placed on apps. Some can be overcome by petitioning Google, others just affect functionality.

Nothing in life lives forever.
3rd November 2019, 04:42 PM |#29761  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Camera problems
Hi, I'm on Evolution X 2.1 ROM and I've encountered a problem regarding video recording on stock camera app. Every time I tap the video record, it says on the screen, "Could not start media recorder. Can't start video recording." I've searched the internet about this but have not found a discrete answer on the subject. Does anyone have any idea what's wrong with the video recording?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, bricked phone, cwm roms and kernels, help thread, noob, noob friendly, question, rcs in action

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)